News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MEG 2: THE TRENCH

Started by dragon53, October 26, 2020, 05:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

New poster released for the sequel.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would shark this big even care about eating people? I mean individually, eating an entire boat full might be worth it.

dragon53

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 20, 2023, 04:44:39 AMWould shark this big even care about eating people? I mean individually, eating an entire boat full might be worth it.
Could that be a 'trenchant' criticism?

Shane

So does this movie start to go all in on the prehistoric marine monsters like the books did? It's pretty clear there's some kind of cephalopod thing going on, but I think if they wanna keep the off the rails energy going they need to start leaning in to the absurdity and just add all kinds of monsters. MORE SHARKS gets old quickly.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on August 04, 2023, 12:55:57 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 20, 2023, 04:44:39 AMWould shark this big even care about eating people? I mean individually, eating an entire boat full might be worth it.

Idk lol  never heard that term before.  I had a kid ask once about a T-Rex eating the squirrels here at the park. My answer was an adult T-Rex wouldn't even bother with them. He probably wouldn't even spend much time on a single human as it's not worth the calorie expenditure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shane on August 04, 2023, 03:36:31 PMSo does this movie start to go all in on the prehistoric marine monsters like the books did? It's pretty clear there's some kind of cephalopod thing going on, but I think if they wanna keep the off the rails energy going they need to start leaning in to the absurdity and just add all kinds of monsters. MORE SHARKS gets old quickly.

Seems like they ditched the liopluerodons though. :/

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 04, 2023, 04:49:27 PM

Idk lol  never heard that term before.  I had a kid ask once about a T-Rex eating the squirrels here at the park. My answer was an adult T-Rex wouldn't even bother with them. He probably wouldn't even spend much time on a single human as it's not worth the calorie expenditure.
Point! Plus too many nice light snacks between meals would spoil his appetite for supper and get mom upset.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah I heard this movie is pretty bad I saw Kristian Harloff and John Campea's review of it and if Ray Ora couldn't enjoy this movie than yeah it's pretty bad

dragon53

dragon53

BOX OFFICE---BARBIE continued to be #1 and surpassed $1 billion with $1.03 billion worldwide. MEG 2: THE TRENCH was #2 with $142 million worldwide versus its $129 million budget. Christopher Nolan's OPPENHEIMER was #3 with $552.9 million worldwide, which made it the highest-earning World War II movie in surpassing Nolan's DUNKIRK.

Over9K

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on August 04, 2023, 06:04:03 PMYeah I heard this movie is pretty bad I saw Kristian Harloff and John Campea's review of it and if Ray Ora couldn't enjoy this movie than yeah it's pretty bad

Wait... Harloff and Campea are doing reviews together? Huh... last I saw of either of those guys they had both left Collider, and weren't on speaking terms, or so I thought.

Over9K

Tell my subconscious that. Still have the Sinclair World's Fair T.rex chasing me in nightmares... HE bothers with them.

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Over9K on August 07, 2023, 08:33:03 PM
Quote from: Dynomikegojira on August 04, 2023, 06:04:03 PMYeah I heard this movie is pretty bad I saw Kristian Harloff and John Campea's review of it and if Ray Ora couldn't enjoy this movie than yeah it's pretty bad

Wait... Harloff and Campea are doing reviews together? Huh... last I saw of either of those guys they had both left Collider, and weren't on speaking terms, or so I thought.
No I watched separate reviews from but Harloff did pop up a few times on John's channel this year.

Giganotosaurus

I loved the film! My favorite scenes were with the sci fi mech suits in the trench. I love science fiction, and I thought that was cool.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on August 07, 2023, 08:36:22 PM

Tell my subconscious that. Still have the Sinclair World's Fair T.rex chasing me in nightmares... HE bothers with them.

Chalk him right up there with the JP3 Spino it bothered with everything lol

Giganotosaurus

I had a blast with this film, although like 65 I wish there had been actual prehistoric creatures in the film (even if they had to oversize them).
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

dragon53

Takama

Spoiler
Well I finally saw MEG2:THE TRENCH via Hulu.    I intend on buying the DVD but i waited long enough to see it.

Now onto the Big Shark Movie

Honestly, the trailers for this film made this look dumber then it really was. And it did not help matters with that Baracuda song playing during it. 

In my opinon this was better then the first, until we hit the last parts of the movie, where it feels WAY TOO MUCH like a rehash of the first film just with more Sharks, a bunch of aquatic lizards that i HOPE are met to be Placodonts, and a kaiju sized octopus(perhaps the most boreing creture in the entire film), I will also say the action was great, and Jason Statham does what he does best. Kicking *** no matter if its man or shark,  but I liked that there was a real antagonist for him to defeat at the end this time that is human.

One thing I like to comment on is the opening

Personally I wished they stayed true to what was played out in the original Meg novel, as it may of given Shantungosaurus its first big screen apperance. Thats all i wish to say.

Overall not its not as bad as the trailers made it out to be. And i was pleasently surprised.
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

Watched it on Netflix recently, not a bad film for a popcorn flick. Easily entertaining with enough action. Not going to comment on the creatures other than it kinda felt like they borrowing things from other authors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: