News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MEG 2: THE TRENCH

Started by dragon53, October 26, 2020, 05:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

MEG 2: THE TRENCH---three new cast members were announced for the sequel. Sergio Peris-Menchata will play a "hard-edged mercenary" villain. Sienna Guillory will play the head of an applied science division. Skyler Samuels will play a member of Jason Statham's sub crew.

Takama

Fingers Crossed it retains that R rateing

And more then just Megalodon

dragon53

MEG 2: THE TRENCH---Wu Jing (WOLF WARRIOR) has joined the sequel cast. Li Bingbing is not returning.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like a free for all throw down with all sorts of giant prehistoric sea life..and Statham doing the impossible/insane .

It;s been a long time since  I read the books but I really don't recall this kind of Syfy channel schlock in them. 

Someone wake me when the Kronos Rising film happens.

triceratops83

New trailer - looks goofy but fun.

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Over9K

"Shut up, Meg." - Peter Griffin

Gwangi

Meg 2 looks like a fun time. Like the first one it doesn't follow the book very closely though. Looks like it takes pieces from the later books as well. The opening with the T. rex is in the book though. I'm glad other sea beasts will be incorporated.

Black Demon looks like a snooze fest. I was bored by the trailer.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure it would be fun and a great popcorn film. That would be the extent of my interest though. I read Alten's first two or three books years ago so I don't recall a whole lot.  I've recently liked the Kronos Rising series more as it's a slow burn with bigger punches/payoffs. 

DerbesSchuhwerk

Here comes another Megalodon movie this year.

Giganotosaurus

I can't wait to see more giant creature action on the big screen. I'm there opening weekend.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

dragon53

MEG 2, like a lot of other movies, are all starting to look like Marvel superhero movies.
I remember Jason Statham wanted the original movie to have a R-rating, but the director, Jon Turteltaub, preferred a PG-rating for a wider audience. MEG 2 has a different director and appears Statham got what he wanted.

Gwangi

I forgot to mention but I do hope it has Kronosaurus in it, they were in the novel but I don't see them in the trailer. Might be saving that reveal.

Paleo Flo

What a dumb dumpster fire. That's not my cup of tea.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Gwangi on May 09, 2023, 06:51:10 PMI forgot to mention but I do hope it has Kronosaurus in it, they were in the novel but I don't see them in the trailer. Might be saving that reveal.

Which would be surprising considering the amount they did show in the trailer.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

dragon53

MEG 2: THE TRENCH has received a PG-13 rating for "action/violence, some bloody images, language, and brief suggestive material."

Takama

Quote from: dragon53 on May 18, 2023, 03:49:07 PMMEG 2: THE TRENCH has received a PG-13 rating for "action/violence, some bloody images, language, and brief suggestive material."

I Bet Someone is not happy about that

Quote from: dragon53 on October 26, 2020, 05:58:08 PMMEG 2: THE TRENCH---Ben Wheatley (REBECCA) will direct the movie sequel based on Steve Alten's sequel novel THE TRENCH. Jason Statham is returning and will be involved in the development of the sequel. Statham was not happy with the original movie's PG-13 rating, "You go, 'Where's the f*cking blood?' It's like, 'There's a shark.'"

dragon53

MEG 2: THE TRENCH---producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura said the sequel will have more humor and less gore than the original movie, "It's really held its appeal, so in making this movie, one of the things we learned is you could add more comedy than we originally thought in a shark movie, in a way. So I think this movie is probably funnier. There's certainly some big laughs in it. There's more shark attacks. There's more crazy ideas that we've tested out on the audience. So the movie, it's testing well, but more importantly, the audience seems to be relating to it very similar to the first movie."
He explained how the sequel earned its PG-13 rating, "They push back on the blood. As long as you don't do gore, they sort of accept the fun nature of it, you know? And I think because of the fun nature, it takes the edge off it a little bit. But at the same time, the movie needs to have some edge, or else it feels like it becomes a spoof or something, and that's definitely not what it is. So, I think the trickiest thing about THE MEG is keeping that balance between violence and humor."

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

So they are skipping the Liopluerodons and just doing a giant squid/octupus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: