News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Bread, January 04, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I do really hope it's a larger megaraptoran like main, we need one from pnso now that they're doing lips. I also wouldn't mind a smaller 1/35 sauropod like camarasaurus or an amarga with the updated sail.

marisaura

if they continue their focus on theropods this year, i'd love to see something more unique - i think a PNSO take on elaphrosaurus would be really interesting. or an abelisaur - maybe majungasaurus or rajasaurus? if they want to continue their tyrannosaur theme from last summer, a dryptosaurus or appalachiosaurus would look amazing in their style.

what i'd really love to see though is more sauropods and ornithischians. a basal sauropodomorph like lessemsaurus, melanorosaurus, plateosaurus, or an updated lufengosaurus would be great. cetiosaurus and chasmosaurus are also overdue for modern figures IMO and would work well for them.

Ambre

This may sound basic but i would really like a dromeosaur or even an ornithopod that isn't Deinocheirus

Concavenator

Quote from: Quiversaurus on January 06, 2024, 02:43:57 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2024, 12:01:32 AMIt seems the first 2024 PNSO figure will be revealed in the next few days.

Bet that's when the "New for 2024" sub-board will be created, even though it's been mentioned already in other threads. Perhaps it's gone unnoticed!

Oh, where can I find the info/mentions about this next release please? (:

Here you go:

ceratopsian

Everything Dinosaur mentioned in their recent post confirming that the new Spinosaurus was en route that a model was due to be revealed in a few days and was in the same shipment avatar_Sim @Sim.

Quote from: Quiversaurus on January 06, 2024, 02:43:57 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2024, 12:01:32 AMIt seems the first 2024 PNSO figure will be revealed in the next few days.

Bet that's when the "New for 2024" sub-board will be created, even though it's been mentioned already in other threads. Perhaps it's gone unnoticed!

Oh, where can I find the info/mentions about this next release please? (:

Sim

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, I think you meant avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus!  But I'm happy to hear the news too, both that a new PNSO figure will be revealed soon and that the new PNSO Spinosaurus will be in stock at Everything Dinosaur in the not too distant future!

Quiversaurus

Wonderful, can't wait for the reveal! Thank you both  avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator , avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian and @Sim !

Quiversaurus

(Hope it's alright putting this here since there's no "Haolonggood - 2024 Hopes & Dreams" thread yet):

Just watched Dino Scream Reviews' Top Ten Scientifically Accurate Figures and saw a comment that Safari's Utahraptor is close to 1:35 scale - I ran the numbers and for a 7m individual it's closer to 1:29-1:30 scale BUT my point is that with HLG's Kosmoceratops setting the stage for smaller figures, it seems possible to do larger dromaeosaurids like Utahraptor; a 6.5m individual (estimates are between 5.5-7m according to Wiki) at 1:35 scale would make an 18-19cm long figure, which seems very doable compared to HLG's Kosmoceratops' 12.7cm.

Here's hoping more companies try to do these figures which have been so lacking! I imagine a feathered PNSO Utahraptor would be spectacular.

SidB

I'm with you on the wish for smaller figures  in the circa 1/30 range or so, and I suspect that HLG would be just the company to do it, as the Kosmo shows. The detail is outstanding for such a modestly sized item.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on January 10, 2024, 06:45:33 PMI'm with you on the wish for smaller figures  in the circa 1/30 range or so, and I suspect that HLG would be just the company to do it, as the Kosmo shows. The detail is outstanding for such a modestly sized item.

I would think that PNSO could also do smaller figures. I think of the Pachycephalosaurus and now also the Zuul.

SidB

Joel1905

I'll start with some hopes and dreams that no doubt will bother some people... but anyway.

I want to see PNSO redo their lipless theropods with lips, especially the big names like Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Carnotaurus, Megalosaurus etc. Some of their other older models need updates, for both new discoveries and PNSO's general improvements in manufaturing and sculpting. Ankylosaurus, Sauropelta, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Sinoceratops for example have either gone through anatomical changes with new studies, or their scales are massively oversized.

Now for some hopes and dreams that more people will be pleased with...

Theropods
Australovenator
Baryonyx
Dilophosaurus
Galliminus
Gigantoraptor
Herrerasaurus
Neovenator
Utahraptor

Sauropodomorphs
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Cetiosaurus
Nemegtosaurus
Plateosaurus
Saltasaurus
Shunosaurus

Ornithopoda
Camptosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Saurolophus
Shantungosaurus
Tenontosaurus

Thyreophoria
Euoplocephalus
Kentrosaurus
Lexovisaurus
Polacanthus
Tarchia

Marginocephalia
Arrhinoceratops
Chasmosaurus
Eotriceratops

thomasw100

Quote from: Joel1905 on January 12, 2024, 07:18:41 PMI'll start with some hopes and dreams that no doubt will bother some people... but anyway.

I want to see PNSO redo their lipless theropods with lips, especially the big names like Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Carnotaurus, Megalosaurus etc. Some of their other older models need updates, for both new discoveries and PNSO's general improvements in manufaturing and sculpting. Ankylosaurus, Sauropelta, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Sinoceratops for example have either gone through anatomical changes with new studies, or their scales are massively oversized.

Theropods
Australovenator
Baryonyx
Dilophosaurus
Galliminus
Gigantoraptor
Herrerasaurus
Neovenator
Utahraptor

Sauropodomorphs
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Cetiosaurus
Nemegtosaurus
Plateosaurus
Saltasaurus
Shunosaurus

Ornithopoda
Camptosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Saurolophus
Shantungosaurus
Tenontosaurus

Thyreophoria
Euoplocephalus
Kentrosaurus
Lexovisaurus
Polacanthus
Tarchia

Marginocephalia
Arrhinoceratops
Chasmosaurus
Eotriceratops

I could agree with many genera on your list. I would believe that they will redo some of the most iconic theropods with lips. Almost certainly there will be a new T-rex and possibly a Giganotosaurus, maybe also a Carnotaurus as that model is rather old now. I do also think that they may release a few more spinosaurs given that the Spinosaurus museum line package contained already quite some artwork of several spinosaurs. Considering the sauropods, it would be better if they do not touch the really large species, because they will anyway not make them in 1:35 scale. Better if Haolonggood makes them, because they confirmed that they will always do them in 1:35 scale.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Joel1905 on January 12, 2024, 07:18:41 PMI'll start with some hopes and dreams that no doubt will bother some people... but anyway.

Theropods
Australovenator
Baryonyx
Dilophosaurus
Galliminus
Gigantoraptor
Herrerasaurus
Neovenator
Utahraptor

Sauropodomorphs
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Cetiosaurus
Nemegtosaurus
Plateosaurus
Saltasaurus
Shunosaurus

Ornithopoda
Camptosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Saurolophus
Shantungosaurus
Tenontosaurus

Thyreophoria
Euoplocephalus
Kentrosaurus
Lexovisaurus
Polacanthus
Tarchia

Marginocephalia
Arrhinoceratops
Chasmosaurus
Eotriceratops

A lot of the dinosaurs I hope to see are already on this list so I'll ommit them for now and add a few of my own species instead.

-Prognathodon
-Globidens
-Elasmosaurus
-Some sort of Icthyosaur

-Quetzalcoatlus/ Hatzegopteryx

-Concavenator
-Majungasaurus/Rajasaurus/ pretty much any non-Carnotaurus abelisaurid
-Irritator
* (It's locked.)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on January 12, 2024, 10:20:53 PM-Prognathodon
-Globidens
-Elasmosaurus
-Some sort of Icthyosaur

-Quetzalcoatlus/ Hatzegopteryx

-Concavenator
-Majungasaurus/Rajasaurus/ pretty much any non-Carnotaurus abelisaurid
-Irritator

If they're going to do more theropods, some non-Carnotaurus abelisaurs would interest me most.

A return to aquatic animals of any kind would also be welcome!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SlurmpSaurus

Here goes my wishlist!:

-Hatzegopteryx
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Plateosaurus
-Shunosaurus
-Nigersaurus
-Camarasaurus
-Ceratosaurus
-Majungasaurus
-Maip/Australovenator
-Gallimimus
-Gigantoraptor
-Edmontosaurus
-Saurolophus
-Achelousaurus
-Udanoceratops
-Fasolasuchus

I think I have a nice mix of long overdue and odd picks!

FerretGoose

The dinosaur I'd love to see the most is an updated Parasaurolophus! Some other species i'd like PNSO to produce are Apatosaurus, Austroraptor, Ceratosaurus, and Brachiosaurus.  ^-^ 

Sim

I'm considering replacing my Baryonyx by Favorite with Haolonggood's two Baryonyx.  In the past I said I'd like PNSO to take a break from allosauroids, but if I replace my Baryonyx by Favorite, I'd also like to replace my Neovenator by Favorite.  So, it would be great if PNSO makes one more allosauroid, Neovenator!  I'd also like an Eotyrannus by PNSO to avoid going for the Beasts of the Mesozoic version which I don't like very much.

SRF

Quote from: SRF on January 04, 2024, 03:00:39 PMI keep repeating myself at the start of each year but I really want an Edmontosaurus annectens from PNSO. Even if it's from the Museum Line. Wouldn't mind them doing both Edmontosaurus species either after all the Tyrannosaurids they've done.

PNSO will probably continue releasing theropods this year, so I hope they give the Abelisaurids some love this time.

With Edmontosaurus out of the way, I'm now hoping that PNSO will release some ceratopsians again. It has been almost two years since PNSOs last ceratopsian. That one (the Torosaurus) is still one of my favorite PNSO figures of all time. I hope PNSO adds Arrhinoceratops and Diaboloceratops to their line up this year, to go with their Albertosaurus and Lythronax.
But today, I'm just being father

thebermuda303

I wish to see
1-Tarchia
2-Saurolophus
3-Updated Tarbosarus
4-Denversaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: