News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Bread, January 04, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

With the reveal/release of Edmontosaurus, I'm hoping to see an updated Shantungosaurus.

Their vinyl is great but something to match their current style would be great.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Bread on January 22, 2024, 01:54:30 PMWith the reveal/release of Edmontosaurus, I'm hoping to see an updated Shantungosaurus.

That would be wonderful. I'd be delighted if the Edmontosaurus marked the beginning of a run of hadrosaurs for PNSO. Doesn't even have to a be a long run--I'd be happy with, like, four.
Check out my customs thread!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

A proper Saurolophus would be amazing, as would a less commonly made species like Muttaburrasaurus

Sim

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 22, 2024, 04:53:23 PM
Quote from: Bread on January 22, 2024, 01:54:30 PMWith the reveal/release of Edmontosaurus, I'm hoping to see an updated Shantungosaurus.

That would be wonderful. I'd be delighted if the Edmontosaurus marked the beginning of a run of hadrosaurs for PNSO. Doesn't even have to a be a long run--I'd be happy with, like, four.
??? Four is a long run...  I hope PNSO doesn't do any more members of the same group one after another.  It could mean nothing of interest for months for some people.

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on January 22, 2024, 06:39:57 PM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 22, 2024, 04:53:23 PM

??? Four is a long run...  I hope PNSO doesn't do any more members of the same group one after another.  It could mean nothing of interest for months for some people.

How about releases as pairs from two different groups? That would feel perfect to me.

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on January 22, 2024, 06:58:13 PMHow about releases as pairs from two different groups? That would feel perfect to me.
That would be great!  It could be a way to make several animals from the same group while maintaining variety.

PoptartDoodle

PNSO's ceratopsid line reignited my passion for paleontology a few years back. However, with how diverse their centrosaurine line is, their only chasmosaurines are Triceratops and Torosaurus, two of the most well-known in that group.
I'm hoping should PNSO return to ceratopsids, they expand on chasmosaurines.
Chasmosaurus
Vagaceratops
Utahceratops
Anchiceratops
I would be most excited for Regaliceratops honestly.

Sim

There's already a thread for this, maybe avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum could merge this thread with the other thread: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11223.0

I would love it if PNSO made more chasmosaurines!  Chasmosaurus belli, Utahceratops and Anchiceratops would be so good!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on January 23, 2024, 03:46:36 PMThere's already a thread for this, maybe avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum could merge this thread with the other thread: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11223.0

I would love it if PNSO made more chasmosaurines!  Chasmosaurus belli, Utahceratops and Anchiceratops would be so good!

Merged!  C:-)

Tracewyrm!

This is more of a piece of off-hand speculation than "Hopes and Dreams" but I suspect that PNSO's inevitable lipped rex, be it Cameron or Wilson (or Andrea or Aaron or..), looks to be releasing either late this year or one of the first releases for 2025.

It isn't exactly something they always do but PNSO tends to cap off the year with figures that are expected to sell better, right?
The new Museum Line Spinosaurus capped off 2023 and while 2022 didn't have a similar 'flagship' figure in December, they started the new year off with a long awaited revisit of their Giganotosaurus. 2021 technically ended with their Iguanodon however right before that they released a Museum Line Triceratops, another iconic species (even though Iguanodon is iconic in its own right  :))). 2020 was similarly capped off with the release of a new Tyrannosaurus, fittingly nicknamed Winter Wilson.

Of course its always possible that all of this is wrong, or that they release some other long awaited species, but looking at this pattern, I suspect that they'll want to have a fresh Museum Line rex, lips and all, out in time for the new year, or at least close.
If that's right, then hopefully that means the rest of the year will be full with new fresh species (and maybe, just maybe, ones that fulfil the wishes of folks in this thread)
* (It's locked.)

Halichoeres

PNSO has been posting some artwork of marine reptiles, and while I know it doesn't mean anything, it does make me long for some more aquatics from them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I'm disappointed PNSO hasn't made a long-necked plesiosauroid. :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on January 29, 2024, 04:32:29 PMI'm disappointed PNSO hasn't made a long-necked plesiosauroid. :-\
If they do, I think there's a 90% chance it will be Elasmosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tracewyrm!

I really hope PNSO gives us a new Ceratosaurus this year. Looking at their newer small theropods, they are totally capable of making one, even if it may not be precisely 1:35.
Ceratosaurus is a really recognisable species that isn't too saturated with models to compete with so, to me, it seems like a great choice for them, as far as carnivorous theropods go (though after the theropod parade that was 2023, its hard to think of too many carnivorous theropods that they haven't made besides abelisaurs and maybe small spinosaurids. Not that I'd complain if they gave us something like a new Concavenator, though..)

I just have a feeling that Nick might get a remake by the end of the year, even though I'm not particularly confident in that prediction either.

* (It's locked.)

Quiversaurus

avatar_Tracewyrm! @Tracewyrm! Agreed, I think Ceratosaurus would be a great option for PNSO to do this year, what with their recent updates (Giganotosaurus, Cameron, lipped Yangchuanosaurus). The only other Ceratosaurus model I know out there is Papo's - and I'm sure PNSO will wow us again with their quality if they do one.

I hope PNSO starts making dromaeosaurids, and if they're in 1:35 scale that would be a huge bonus, but not necessarily, for obvious reasons. Smaller spinosaurids would be good too, or perhaps an updated A. jimmadseni (Paul) taking into account the new details from the new paper...

Cpt Red 3eard

It may be a pipe dream, but I'd love to see them tackle some smaller species at the 1:35 scale. Give us some dromaeosaurs, little ceratopsians, ornithomimids, and early therapods.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

All of those mentioned here as well as megaraptorids, elaphrosaurids, or any sort of non-tyrannosaur coelurosaur like an Ornithomimosaur or an oviraptoran would interest me!

Faelrin

Remakes of Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus (edit: lips and post 2021 skin reconstruction is much needed), and Gigantoraptor would be much welcome from me (I know, the latter is missing the skull and neck, but I'd still love some representation in my collection of the largest oviraptorosaur found to date). It would display wonderful alongside the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus and complete the trio of weird angry giant not-birbs.

Also pterosaurs, more marine reptiles, anything non dinosaur would also be welcomed greatly.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Cryolophosaurus would be amazing, I think some people don't realize just how big it was, but it would probably end up being similar in size to Pnso's megalosaurus.

Sim

Now that PNSO has released the Spinosaurus I've been wanting, I hope they make smallish species.  I'm not likely to buy very space-consuming large animal figures.  Rhamphorhynchus, Herrerasaurus and dromaeosaurids are the animals I'd like the most from PNSO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: