News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

New Jurassic World Film Incoming!!!!

I love all six of the Jurassic movies, I can't wait for another!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

EmperorDinobot

Hopefully without Chris Pratt, and hopefully without whoever designed the Giganotosaurus for the last movie.

Takama

I have no hope for the same care given for the first 3 JP films and its dinosaurs (yes that includes JP3).   

Hollywood has in recent years proven it gives no hoots about what it does to Dinosaurs in film.

65 is the worst example

Worst case scenario this one takes heavy use of Ai in some scenes

Prehistory Resurrection

I have quite mixed feelings about this. Wasn't Dominion supposedly be the "epic conclusion" to the saga? Do not get me wrong, I'm a fan of this franchise too and while I'm happy that there's new content upcoming such as Chaos Theory and now this new installment, I honestly think that they should stop milking this franchise till the last drop like this.
Rumors have it that it will be released next year and given the time they took to make the movies in the saga, I find it hard to believe that this new installment will be ready to be released in such a short span of time.
Anyways, don't keep my hopes too high but curious to see how this turns out.

Carnoking

Dominion was a total bait and switch on the whole "conclusion" thing (and that's before we even mention the "epic" part) so I'm totally open to seeing them expand on the opportunities set up by the World Trilogy, and potentially bring it to a more satisfying close. Plus, with Koepp back at the keyboard, I'm a lot more hopeful for a strong script to build upon.

Two key things struck me from that article, A) this is a new direction for the franchise meaning we very likely WON'T see Pratt, Howard, or quite possibly any of the old key cast back (door's still open for characters like Kayla or Ramsey to return I suppose), and B) no director is currently attached.

With that, I'm curious to hear people's choices for a director. Bryce Dallas Howard would be an obvious choice given her experience and connection to the franchise.

I'd also like to keep Emerald Fennell's name in the ring given her recent pitch on where she would take the franchise  ;D

Gwangi

Koepp being involved doesn't give me hope. Sure, he co-wrote Jurassic Park, but he also wrote The Lost World and nostalgia be damned, it's not a good movie. The article also says "Koepp wrote last year's Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" as if that's something to boast about. It's not and oh yeah, he wrote Crystal Skull too.

MLMjp

Let it rest.

Just continue making toys and games...

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on January 22, 2024, 11:19:01 PMKoepp being involved doesn't give me hope. Sure, he co-wrote Jurassic Park, but he also wrote The Lost World and nostalgia be damned, it's not a good movie. The article also says "Koepp wrote last year's Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" as if that's something to boast about. It's not and oh yeah, he wrote Crystal Skull too.

His resume might not be bullet proof but I've got a lot more faith in him than the previous writing team  :o

If this was just another Carmichael/Trevorrow collab I probably would just write it off.

Over9K

Released in '25?

They must be shooting tomorrow.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2024, 12:28:43 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 22, 2024, 11:19:01 PMKoepp being involved doesn't give me hope. Sure, he co-wrote Jurassic Park, but he also wrote The Lost World and nostalgia be damned, it's not a good movie. The article also says "Koepp wrote last year's Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" as if that's something to boast about. It's not and oh yeah, he wrote Crystal Skull too.

His resume might not be bullet proof but I've got a lot more faith in him than the previous writing team  :o

If this was just another Carmichael/Trevorrow collab I probably would just write it off.

I'm happy for you. I, however, do not have faith.

Carnoking

I also have not seen Dial or Destiny and haven't watch Crystal Skull in years, so that ignorance might make it easier for me  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2024, 12:23:21 AMLet it rest.

They can't. They need a film or tv series or something to make products based on and tie in. It's just business.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt til I actually see it.

Klayton's video here pretty much summed up my feelings :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2024, 01:06:04 AMI also have not seen Dial or Destiny and haven't watch Crystal Skull in years, so that ignorance might make it easier for me  :P

Crystal Skull I thought was ok, I don't get the extreme hate.  Dial of Destiny was a kind of convoluted. I need to try rewatching it again.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on January 23, 2024, 01:52:58 AMJust let it die already.

If it hasent since 2018

I doubt it ever will

Gwangi

It will die when it stops making money. That hasn't happened yet.

EmperorDinobot

Hate it as you may, I will s(redacted)mp for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

There are parts that didn't need to be there, and Shia ruined his own career, but that doesn't matter, I liked it. And I enjoyed Dial of Destiny for...the most part.

Live Action Jonny Quest when?

Mellow Stego

Well I'm happy to see the series continue. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the return of Owen, Clair and Blue. I even prefer those characters to the legacy characters.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2024, 02:58:17 AMIt will die when it stops making money. That hasn't happened yet.

Even then I doubt it will truly "die", maybe rest again. The core of the franchise is still a golden apple of the sun regardless of the fruit borne from it.

Over9K

Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2024, 12:23:21 AMLet it rest.

Not even the mighty Star Wars was able to sustain itself like that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: