News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 23, 2024, 05:42:28 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2024, 12:23:21 AMLet it rest.

Just continue making toys and games...

Not even the mighty Star Wars was able to sustain itself like that.

Exactly. Might as well Disney to stop making Star Wars films. They have the park and merch right?  ;)

Eatmycar

A seventh Jurassic Park movie... eugh.

Whatever, at least this means the Hammond Collection and the toy line will be fine. After seeing Dominion in theatres on release day, no chance in hell I'll go see JP 7 in theatres.

HD-man

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 01:18:58 AMKlayton's video here pretty much summed up my feelings :

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I recommend avoiding his work from now on, given his recently-exposed bigotry (I included the spoiler image for those who can't see Twitter: https://twitter.com/WolfwalkerSnek/status/1710389999487582609 ):
Spoiler
[close]

Here's an alternative news breakdown:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Flaffy

I don't mind a new movie being developed, all I care about are the merchandise anyways O:-)
The longer the franchise stays active, the more investment goes into the merchandising department, the more toys we get ;)

postsaurischian

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on January 23, 2024, 09:37:17 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 01:18:58 AMKlayton's video here pretty much summed up my feelings :

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I recommend avoiding his work from now on, given his recently-exposed bigotry (I included the spoiler image for those who can't see Twitter: https://twitter.com/WolfwalkerSnek/status/1710389999487582609 ):
Spoiler
[close]

Sounds like he just "found" religion. I noticed his ending changed in the past couple months.  If that's all he's doing I can ignore it, I have a lot of very religious relatives one is a minister, that I have to smile and nod and go on my way with.  He's still a very good repository of JP/JW info and contacts.  I watch his videos for more honest info than a lot of others who make up things if that doesn't change I guess it's fine?

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 23, 2024, 10:14:56 AMThe torture never stops :P .

You can not watch it? lol

Carnoking

A Clockwork Orange, but with Jurassic Word movies.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 05:42:49 PMYou can not watch it? lol

That's what keeps crossing my mind whenever I see reactions to this news. It is possible to watch the movies you like in a franchise and ignore the rest. People are weird about this sort of thing. Obviously enough people still like it, that's what motivates them to make more. They aren't going to make movies that they think won't make money. We all knew this was going to happen based on the money the last movie made.

QuoteEven then I doubt it will truly "die", maybe rest again. The core of the franchise is still a golden apple of the sun regardless of the fruit borne from it.

Yeah, it would just go dormant like it did after the release of JP3. Then a decade will pass and someone at a board meeting will go "how about Jurassic Park?" Maybe after the kids that enjoyed Jurassic World have grown up. This stuff is cyclical. Look at how long some franchises have gone on for. James Bond, Universal Monsters, Sherlock Holmes. I suspect that when Jurassic World does fail and some time passes, then we might see a complete remake of the first film.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2024, 07:01:16 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2024, 05:42:49 PMYou can not watch it? lol

That's what keeps crossing my mind whenever I see reactions to this news. It is possible to watch the movies you like in a franchise and ignore the rest. People are weird about this sort of thing. Obviously enough people still like it, that's what motivates them to make more. They aren't going to make movies that they think won't make money. We all knew this was going to happen based on the money the last movie made.

Agreed. There are movies I enjoy but have no love for their franchises.
An example is something like the movie Predator. Loved the first one but have zero interest in any of the others.
That doesn't mean I want the franchise to die off for my own selfish needs. I rather it go on for the people who do enjoy it.

Let's not forget that more movies also equal more merchandise for us collectors.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Gwangi

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 23, 2024, 07:11:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2024, 07:01:16 PM

Agreed. There are movies I enjoy but have no love for their franchises.
An example is something like the movie Predator. Loved the first one but have zero interest in any of the others.
That doesn't mean I want the franchise to die off for my own selfish needs. I rather it go on for the people who do enjoy it.

Let's not forget that more movies also equal more merchandise for us collectors.

Exactly. Like when I watch the Alien or Terminator movies I usually just stick to the first two. If I decide I want to watch the others I can, but I don't have to and rarely want to. And to bring Indiana Jones back up, I usually stick to the first three, but I'm not mad that others exist. They're all fiction. They do nothing to "ruin" the other movies for me, like some people might claim.

And yes, the merchandise! The surge of Jurassic Park merchandise last year was great. I remember before Jurassic World came out you couldn't find Jurassic Park anything, not even a t-shirt at a department store, now they're everywhere and I have several.

Bread

Until a trailer comes out, I'll save my breath.

I just hope for a true "lost world" vibe like we were shown in Battle at Big Rock short film and ending clips.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah I'm game for more Jurassic films since I enjoyed all of them. I want Utahraptor dammit.

Carnoking

If anything, it's another chance to see more accurate dinosaurs on the big screen. Maybe let John Favreau direct this one!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just hope future films are more grounded, realistic, and well-written than the World trilogy was, and are more in-line with the first film.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

It also helps that whenever these films happen there is an upsurge of interest in dinosaurs and all things prehistoric. Our park saw a big attendance boost with the first JW film, same for the 2nd, not so much with the third but there was still interest there. People love dinosaurs. If this film gets more people in museums, fossil dig trips, art, then it's a fantastic thing to me. 

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2024, 01:16:57 AMIt also helps that whenever these films happen there is an upsurge of interest in dinosaurs and all things prehistoric. Our park saw a big attendance boost with the first JW film, same for the 2nd, not so much with the third but there was still interest there. People love dinosaurs. If this film gets more people in museums, fossil dig trips, art, then it's a fantastic thing to me. 

I for one owe (or should I say, blame??) my rekindled interest in dinosaurs and prehistoric life to Jurassic World!

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 24, 2024, 01:39:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2024, 01:16:57 AMIt also helps that whenever these films happen there is an upsurge of interest in dinosaurs and all things prehistoric. Our park saw a big attendance boost with the first JW film, same for the 2nd, not so much with the third but there was still interest there. People love dinosaurs. If this film gets more people in museums, fossil dig trips, art, then it's a fantastic thing to me. 

I for one owe (or should I say, blame??) my rekindled interest in dinosaurs and prehistoric life to Jurassic World!

I was into dinosaurs, dragons, Godzilla, basically anything reptilian as a kid in the late 80's early 90s. Jurassic Park lit a real fire under me for dinosaurs. I was reading huge novels instead of just picking up picture books. If there had been a real museum around I would have been in it. JW the first one brought all that nostalgia back.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 27, 2024, 05:22:21 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on January 26, 2024, 04:17:12 PMDinosaurs that could appear in JURASSIC WORLD 4.

LINK: https://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-4-dinosaurs-wishlist/#dunkleosteus

7 dinosaurs

The whole article is speculation based on one phrase " New Jurassic Era" which they have to say now because they concluded it before.

QuoteThe series' latest entry seems to be promoting a "New Jurassic Era", featuring no returning characters from either trilogy. While the "New Jurassic Era" isn't a term in paleontology, the series has never been shy to mix and match pre-human creatures from eons apart in the fossil record, putting the Stegosaurus from the Jurassic period in enclosures next to T. Rex from the Late Cretaceous period. The idea of a new dynasty for the science fiction franchise to enter opens up the possibilities for new dinosaurs even further.

Probably we will have a lot of returning species, Rex and Raptors are a given. Anything else they could pull from the past films and have plenty. I would like to see the Microceratops back running around ala Compies. Unseen but canon species would be nice. Utahraptor as a Kenner nod or if they want to go nuts and bring back hybrids the Ultimasaurus. Though I could see them maybe doing the Indominus again. It's in the Universal parks, it's big on merchandise too so I think they have regretted killing it off ever since.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: