News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Old forum banners

Started by DinoToyForum, January 16, 2013, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

A trip down memory lane. Here's all the old forum banners :) I think I have the dates and order correct, and haven't missed any, but if I'm wrong, let me know :)

Pre-2009 and 2009.

2016 April 1

2016 Xmas

2017 April Fools

2017 Xmas

Between 2018-19 the forum became dynamic (mobile friendly), and so the banner format changed to a simple logo overlying a separate low opacity background. Here's the logo, followed by the changing backgrounds.

2018 (end)

2018 (end) - 2019

2019 (onwards)

2020 / 2021/ 2022

It's a shame no new plants were released in 2013  :'( My favourite is 2011. Not least because there is a pliosaur in the lineup ;)

Edited with more banners

Jetoar

One part of our history friend. Thanks for you create this amazing forum  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

I've updated the banners in the first post with those from recent years. Interesting to see the evolution.

Oh, and this doesn't include the occasional Christmas and April Fools Day variations.  :P

bmathison1972

I like those prior to 2015 with more species :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

I also prefer the classic version.

Wasn't there a banner at some point with a Battat diplodocus and Bullyland deinotherium on it?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Reptilia

Last three years have been all quite nice and chromatically pleasing, in my opinion.

Bokisaurus

Love the holiday touch to the banner :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 02, 2017, 08:23:37 PM
I also prefer the classic version.

Wasn't there a banner at some point with a Battat diplodocus and Bullyland deinotherium on it?

I don't think so.

DinoToyForum

ceratopsian

Fun to see the changes!  Personally I prefer the more recent format with just two beasts.  And I love the Christmas decoration!  I'm not sure how long it took me to notice that the animals had accoutrements!

DinoToyForum

I've updated the first post and fixed some broken links.

As you can see, there's been a new forum banner every year since 2009 except for 2021 & 2022.

I've also included the occasional Xmas and April Fool special banner.  8)

Sim

It's nice to see them all together!  I'm amazed we managed to survive three years with the Papo Giganotosaurus in the banner.

Stegotyranno420

Seeing them all was a trip down memory lane, even if I joined relatively recently (2019). These have been great years.

SidB

The continuity of both the DTB and DTF is something to celebrate and for which to be grateful.

Faelrin

I never even noticed the Cyberzoic Utahraptor was present this whole time. Or the Wild Past Scutosaurus for that matter.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: SidB on January 29, 2024, 03:35:01 AMThe continuity of both the DTB and DTF is something to celebrate and for which to be grateful.

I agree. I was in a lot of forums back in the 2000's and I think they've all gone under since then. Some don't even exist in archive form, just all that information...gone. Not the DTF though, and it's the only forum I'm active in anymore.

Doug Watson

I have realized two possibilities from this posting either I have never logged in on April Fools or I'm not as observant as I thought. Clever girl, I mean admin.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on January 29, 2024, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 29, 2024, 03:35:01 AMThe continuity of both the DTB and DTF is something to celebrate and for which to be grateful.

I agree. I was in a lot of forums back in the 2000's and I think they've all gone under since then. Some don't even exist in archive form, just all that information...gone. Not the DTF though, and it's the only forum I'm active in anymore.

For that matter I'm glad the old forum has been kept online. Such a valuable archive.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 03, 2024, 01:43:09 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 29, 2024, 01:25:10 PM

For that matter I'm glad the old forum has been kept online. Such a valuable archive.

I wish I could migrate that content here but I don't have access to the database - Proboards own it. They could pull the plug on it any time, of if they go under, so do all the forums they host.

Halichoeres

Oh wow. I imagine that precarity influenced the decision to move in the first place (before my time so I never knew).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: