News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazso1024

Quote from: Faelrin on January 25, 2024, 05:26:37 PMavatar_Gazso1024 @Gazso1024 I really like that googly eyed ankylosaur, lol. Any idea who made that one? Also congrats on the Safari Smilodon. Still one of the best models out there to this day.
Yeah i also like these little guy. I don't know which company made it, but the little ankylosaurus looks similar to one in a review on the blog: https://dinotoyblog.com/dinosaur-miniatures-unknown-company/.

JimoAi

Got some new stuff in: the smaller guys first: got a little clownfish in a tank that's part of the Okinawa aquarium set distributed by Coca Cola, a Fuecoco from the Pokemon scale world line, Mini brands SpongeBob and Patrick meme figures and the Animal Heavenly body Great white and beluga, which does feel like Ikimon figures in terms of sculpt and paint quality.

For the larger Figures, I got a replacement Schleich Great hammerhead with better plastic, a repainted Safari ltd tylosaurus which I feel is my favourite accurate mosasaur sculpt sans the pain and the repaint I did is sooo much better. A few Japanese figures: the Kitan Club stingray which represents a Pitted stingray and I was shocked at how big it is for a gashapon figure, a Kaiyodo football fish, Bandai ancient fish wave 2 sturgeon and Xingu river ray which replaces the Colorata and Kaiyodo ones respectively and finally, a Colorata giant squid, which feels so much more premium than the Safari one. Don't get me wrong the Safari one is a nice figure on its own but this Colorata one is something else. Was very lucky to find one loose for a decent price without having to pay a pretty penny for the expensive but in production Deep sea creatures box from Colorata

Gazso1024

Recent loot from the flea market :)) . The little pink Giraffatitan is the most accurate figure I have ever seen.

Roselaar

Another 2024 JW catch, plus two neat-o Collecta figures:

Jergi

Splonkadumpocus

When I was at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show yesterday, the Black Hills Institute had a fossil exhibit set up and had a number of otherwise hard to find figures for sale along with it. I came away with a Papo cave bear and a Safari Qianzhousaurus from that one.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Over the past few weeks I've had more packages arrive, but I forgot to post em lmao, so here they are! The rest of my x-mas haul! (almost)

Pnso's spino especially is absolutely magnificent!

triceratops83

I was looking through the old "Recent Acquisitions" thread where it got cut off at 10,000 replies and realized we're over halfway towards that here!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Ikessauro

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 29, 2024, 03:41:34 AM

Hey, is it an illusion of the photo or your Mosasaurus doesn't have that awful seam line so visible?

Primeval12

Time to break some stuff! New dinosaur painted like Nimona. This is Stegoceras, a small pachycephalosaur from the late Cretaceous. I felt like it went with Nimona's "let's break stuff" attitude quite a bit. I also love the speculative quills on its tail!

Roselaar

Picked up another lovely JP set today:

PrimevalRaptor

Finally picked up the Papo Acrocanthosaurus thanks to a sale, really stunning model even if it's a bit shrinkwrapped, this guy fits Papos signature style REALLY well and I just love the pattern they chose for this repaint

SidB

You're right, avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor , it is an excellent representative of the classic Papo style.

postsaurischian

^-^  Beautiful beast - I really got you now.

Carnoking

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 02, 2024, 01:48:02 PM^-^  Beautiful beast - I really got you now.

It's glorious, even with those varicose veins!

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 02, 2024, 01:48:02 PM^-^  Beautiful beast - I really got you now.

How could this arrive so fast? When was this shipped?

ceratopsian

You must be one of the very first in the West to receive yours. Congratulations avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 02, 2024, 02:40:42 PMHow could this arrive so fast? When was this shipped?

I'm also surprised. I got my shipping e-mail about a week ago.
 FeedEx took over at Frankfurt airport - I guess that's why it went on so fast.
 They took an extra 7 Euros, but I don't mind, it's still a good deal.

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 02, 2024, 03:05:32 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 02, 2024, 02:40:42 PMHow could this arrive so fast? When was this shipped?

I'm also surprised. I got my shipping e-mail about a week ago.
 FeedEx took over at Frankfurt airport - I guess that's why it went on so fast.
 They took an extra 7 Euros, but I don't mind, it's still a good deal.

My copy was shipped on 24 January and I paid 48 USD for shipping. It is only today that the tracking states that a flight has departed. So I guess that if I am lucky it will maybe arrive by the end of next week.

BrontoScorpio

I feel like a dinosaur myslef .. not being up-todate on the new stuff being chattered here -
so, I'm probably the only one who, rather embarrassing to say, need to ask -
What is it ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: