News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 02, 2024, 05:54:08 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 02, 2024, 01:48:02 PM^-^  Beautiful beast - I really got you now.
I feel like a dinosaur myslef .. not being up-todate on the new stuff being chattered here -
so, I'm probably the only one who, rather embarrassing to say, need to ask -
What is it ?

The Haolonggood Alamosaurus in 1:35 scale.

JimoAi

Some early birthday gifts:

The jp3 Hammond Collection Velociraptor which is a very fun figure of a great raptor design for tits time.

Pokemon scale world Swampert. which despite choosing Sceptile for Hoenn, I did use Swampert in my team in the Indigo disk DlC

a krusty krab construction set. from what I have seen, it's the most sophisticated playset of the restaurant and I have a yujin Octopus manning the reguster at the moment!

Ikessauro

So, I am quite excited to share this new acquisition. It seems my lucky streak on eBay continues (I hope this isn't the last one)  ;D  ;D

I managed to get a BIN lot of Jurassic Park stuff from the first three movies, but most notably the epic, yet horrible looking, Kenner Demon Carnotaurus, complete with dino damage piece and part of the gear. This one is quite expensive to get nowadays, even if incomplete. All the ones I've seen go for over 200  USD, more than 350 if includes dino damage cover. A complete one with gear might reach around 400 a 600 bucks on eBay, it appears. Although I always find it interesting, I wasn't totally willing to pay so much for one and when I saw this lot pop up on eBay, I didn't think twice. Everything in the pictures for 50 + shipping was a crazy deal!
I already had some of them, which I sold off to recuperate my expenses, but kept the a few, including of course the Carno. I'm sure you all are very familiar with these all, so i will only post a pic of the Carno here.

From an unrelated buy, also got these two Jasman, mostly for the Gallimimus. I am quite surprised with how big they are.

BlueKrono

I always love to see people getting sweet deals. Congratulations!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro did you keep the Koosh!? :)) We were just talking about them in another thread!

Ikessauro

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 04, 2024, 10:01:39 PMavatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro did you keep the Koosh!? :)) We were just talking about them in another thread!

I actually sold it today, together with an extra Mattel T.rex I had;  ;D  The Koosh balls are fun, but not my cup of tea.

Sim

I've acquired the Beasts of the Mesozoic Guanlong and Eotyrannus.  The Guanlong looks nice, but I find it quite stiff except for one of its feet which popped off very easily.  I ended up changing the foot part that kept coming off for one which was in the action of being bent and it stays on well.  The Eotyrannus on the other hand has an underbite, all the ones I've seen do...  But I've found it such a fun figure to play around with!  I've currently got it posed running.  Some other thoughts:

1. The neck articulation is excellent on these figures.
2. The tails were impossible to attach without heating them up.
3. The figures were bigger than I was expecting!  I would prefer smaller versions of these animals, but I'm keeping these for now.  The Eotyrannus is very satisfying.  I'm not sure I'll keep the Guanlong, I need to spend more time with it.

ceratopsian

The only time I've ever managed to attach a BotM tail without heating first was during the heat wave of 2022, avatar_Sim @Sim.

Quote from: Sim on February 05, 2024, 05:37:25 PMI've acquired the Beasts of the Mesozoic Guanlong and Eotyrannus.  The Guanlong looks nice, but I find it quite stiff except for one of its feet which popped off very easily.  I ended up changing the foot part that kept coming off for one which was in the action of being bent and it stays on well.  The Eotyrannus on the other hand has an underbite, all the ones I've seen do...  But I've found it such a fun figure to play around with!  I've currently got it posed running.  Some other thoughts:

1. The neck articulation is excellent on these figures.
2. The tails were impossible to attach without heating them up.
3. The figures were bigger than I was expecting!  I would prefer smaller versions of these animals, but I'm keeping these for now.  The Eotyrannus is very satisfying.  I'm not sure I'll keep the Guanlong, I need to spend more time with it.

Faelrin

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro While the Kenner Carnotaurus is obviously the highlight here, that Gallimimus is beautiful. I mean the coloration is almost like that of the new BotM Gorgosaurus. Super eye catching. Congrats.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

AcroSauroTaurus

My wave 3 Tyrannosaur preorders came in recently.
Moros

Eotyrannus

Gorgosaurus

Tarbosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Fembrogon

A whole lot of new goodies in this week:

I've been bitten by the Invicta bug again; I caught this fellow for a decent price on eBay. The paint job looks really good!

I had the last of my AliExpress sale items finally arrive - catching up on some Haolonggood, and finally dipping my toes in TNG. These are all very nice.

Another Invicta arrived yesterday, a little late: I had nearly grabbed one of these with the Megalosaurus and Cetiosaurus previously, then got cold feet, and then had (non)buyer's regret. This listing turned out a little cheaper anyway, though, so all is good.

And then THIS haul arrived yesterday as well - a treasure trove of Mercari listings...

Naturally as it happens, I was really only looking for a few particular things and it ballooned from there.
My primary target in the first image here was actually the Colorata spino, which was bundled with the Safari Rhamphorhynchus (will resell that one). I did not expect to promptly find the Favorite Tambatitanis listed at roughly $30.  :o  Instant grab.
I also did not realize just how big Thunder Beasts dinos were when I picked the Dilophosaurus... My goodness...

I was curious if I could find some decent Dinotales lots for cheap, as they seem to pop up on Mercari a lot. The answer turned out to be yes and then some. I had to pick and choose wisely, but I still grabbed quite a lot of desirable and unique figurines for my collection.
A lot of series 5:

A lot of series 4 (with surprise marine animal bonuses!):

A large, loose miscellaneous lot (plus some dinos I don't think are Kaiyodo? ...But they're very similar):

...And another small lot of Series 1, plus an Allosaurus (with duplicate) I picked up individually:

I seem to have opened the floodgates on myself...

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon One heck of a haul you got yourself there. Congrats. Great stuff there. Also I love the tiny feet on that giant Dilophosaurus. It's cute.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

marisaura

i had a couple of rather exciting acquisitions come in today...

i found these listed on ebay together for about $50, and snapped up the opportunity as soon as i saw it. i'm especially fond of the haikouella - a gorgeous and faithful rendition of a critical evolutionary lineage.

Halichoeres

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 30, 2024, 02:38:23 AMI was looking through the old "Recent Acquisitions" thread where it got cut off at 10,000 replies and realized we're over halfway towards that here!

I think this is kinda why I prefer interacting with people's individual collection threads. I find this thread a bit overwhelming.

That said, congrats, everyone! That Haikouella is especially cool. I love that figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JimoAi

Yesterday was my birthday so I've received alot of awesome stuff:

Well keep the non relevant items out first: A pokemon Spheal and seel bottle diorama and a copy of NASB2

I've received a Funko pop of Bruce from Finding Nemo. Quite disappointed there isn't any larger size premium figures of him and this funko pop is a great stylized version of him. the black eyes don't bother me as he's a great white.
Some Gashapons: takara Tomy Frilled shark, yell Color changing cuttlefish, takara Tomy snapping turtle, a cat dressed as a Hammerhead shark and a Qualia Tyrannosaurus.

Also received the CollectA zebra shark and tiger shark, both which I have had in the past but am meaning to re add them into my collection

The stellar safari ltd sperm whale which does work as a female

lastly, the CollectA ruyangosaurus. Initially I was put off by the drab color scheme but in hand it's really nice and it subs in as any of the more advanced titanosaurs from the later Cretaceous too!

PrimevalRaptor

Originally went to a store here since they had the Hammond Corythosaurus on sale...turns out they only had the Ankylosaurus left so I instead finally grabbed the Orkoraptor for 50% off, the proportions are not quite accurate and the feather placement on the lower body only is a bit odd but hey, more megaraptorids are always welcome and this guy does look pretty cool.

Primeval12

3D Printed Simosuchus! I am ok with how this one turned out but I wish I did more of a contrast.

SenSx

Incredible, love the face of that little fellow !

Halichoeres

One of the most adorable crocs!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

crazy8wizard

I usually like to keep my recent finds to my collection thread but this was just interesting (and fragile) enough to put here first.
I found a mostly still in package set of two UKRD figures at my local thrift store. I say mostly because the plastic shell was peeled open at the top margin while it was still in the store. Unfortunately, by the time I made it home the adhesive keeping the plastic shell attached had slipped off and the package officially opened for the first time in likely 30 years.

I don't have much of a strong opinion for UKRD figures as I didn't grow up when they were commonplace, and they're far from the nicest looking museum line figures, even for retrosaurs. I do like the Iguanodon though, and I'm thinking about representing the genus through the ages in figure form, but I can't decide if I want to glue the shell back on and display the set or leave it open.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: