News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

First new acquisitions of the new year and boy are they stunners.

need4swede

Quote from: Bread on January 17, 2024, 01:53:52 AM

Whoa, is that a Saurolophus?! Is that a custom PNSO model?
- Swede

DefinitelyNOTDilo

It's a modified pnso corythosaurus iirc, it's actually inspired me to consider commissioning a similar model, but instead a blue rhino augustynolophus out of Pnso's tsintaosaurus (as it's the only hadrosaur model out there that's the correct size)

Bread

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 19, 2024, 07:32:28 PMIt's a modified pnso corythosaurus iirc, it's actually inspired me to consider commissioning a similar model, but instead a blue rhino augustynolophus out of Pnso's tsintaosaurus (as it's the only hadrosaur model out there that's the correct size)
avatar_need4swede @need4swede avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo got it exactly, thank you DefinitelyNotDilo!

Also interesting to hear about this commission, I'll be on the lookout for that!

SidB

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 15, 2024, 05:37:29 PMGreat acquisitions everyone! I too have something special to share  ;D
Couldn't pass up the opportunity to rescue this "little" dude.

Talk about being at the right place, at the right time  :))

That's virtually a miracle acquisition, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro . I remember B @Bokisaurus grabbing one for a very low price, long,long ago. Never thought that I'd see history repeat itself, but, congratulations. It's great that a serious collector like yourself pulled this off. Gives a ray of hope that these sort of things can happen.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on January 20, 2024, 03:21:36 AMThat's virtually a miracle acquisition, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro . I remember B @Bokisaurus grabbing one for a very low price, long,long ago. Never thought that I'd see history repeat itself, but, congratulations. It's great that a serious collector like yourself pulled this off. Gives a ray of hope that these sort of things can happen.

A friend of mine managed to get one for 20 €. That's the cheapest I've ever heard someone getting it for.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on January 20, 2024, 11:18:57 AM
Quote from: SidB on January 20, 2024, 03:21:36 AMThat's virtually a miracle acquisition, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro . I remember B @Bokisaurus grabbing one for a very low price, long,long ago. Never thought that I'd see history repeat itself, but, congratulations. It's great that a serious collector like yourself pulled this off. Gives a ray of hope that these sort of things can happen.

A friend of mine managed to get one for 20 €. That's the cheapest I've ever heard someone getting it for.
So lightening struck twice! Good to hear, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator .

Stegotyranno420

Got my first 3d printed model.
I have been dreaming of this day for about 5 years, and today I finally hold in my hand a 3d printed figurine. My teacher was kind enough to allow me to print this Austroraptor model on her printer. (SOVOL)
I will print more models in the future.
I cannot wait to see what else comes soon.

SidB

Well done avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , surely this heralds great things to come!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on January 21, 2024, 03:02:26 AMWell done avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , surely this heralds great things to come!
I assume the following would be
1. Edmontosaurus
2. Daspletosaurus
3. Pinacosaurus
4. Brontotherium
and if I get some help, we could see a gigantic sauropod soon...

Primeval12

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 20, 2024, 06:36:30 PMGot my first 3d printed model.
I have been dreaming of this day for about 5 years, and today I finally hold in my hand a 3d printed figurine. My teacher was kind enough to allow me to print this Austroraptor model on her printer. (SOVOL)
I will print more models in the future.
I cannot wait to see what else comes soon.

OOO I have that one!

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 21, 2024, 03:32:05 AM
Quote from: SidB on January 21, 2024, 03:02:26 AMWell done avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , surely this heralds great things to come!
I assume the following would be
1. Edmontosaurus
2. Daspletosaurus
3. Pinacosaurus
4. Brontotherium
and if I get some help, we could see a gigantic sauropod soon...
Go for them or should I say, "have at 'em"!

Crackington

What a lovely teacher you have. Keep in their good books 📚

Stegotyranno420

Thanks everyone, I will keep updated.
avatar_Crackington @Crackington she would be pleased to read that  :)

Ikessauro

Got his new awesome 3d printed sculpture in resin. Made by Brazilian artist Ruy G. Coelho. I made a post with more photos in the model kits section.

Fembrogon

I gave in to temptation and got some more goodies off of Amazon, which arrived yesterday. The Habitat Defender Triceratops was on sale, which didn't help.  :))

Hammond Metriacanthosaurus is good, a very attractive generic tetanuran theropod. The flimsy jaw is a shame, though; I don't know how Mattel let that QC issue slip at this point.
Trike is also cool. Articulation is limited, but the ball-joint neck is very nice. Detailing is great, and it scales well with the Hammond T-rex.

Fembrogon

Another day, another acquisition - this one's pretty special:

I didn't really expect to be adding any new Invictas to my collection, but these two were listed for good prices and the seller offered to combine them for more efficient shipping. Both of these are really cool; the Megalosaurus in particular is quite lovely.

SidB

Interesting, can't say that I've ever encountered a factory painted Cetiosaurus before. Nice acquisition, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon .

Gazso1024

Smilodon, Parasaurolophus skeleton, Apatosaurus and a cartoonish Ankylosauridae.

Faelrin

avatar_Gazso1024 @Gazso1024 I really like that googly eyed ankylosaur, lol. Any idea who made that one? Also congrats on the Safari Smilodon. Still one of the best models out there to this day.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: