News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past: New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I would love to have the Tuojiangosaurus as a Wild Past main line figure!  It's shown below, it looks so good!
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 27, 2022, 03:00:19 PMtoujangasaurus for the shapeways and the Wild Past shop

Sim

Quote from: Sim on November 30, 2023, 06:29:22 PMI would love to have the Tuojiangosaurus as a Wild Past main line figure!  It's shown below, it looks so good!
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on April 27, 2022, 03:00:19 PMtoujangasaurus for the shapeways and the Wild Past shop

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I just want to make sure you don't miss the request!  I forgot to use the mention function in my previous post.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 30, 2023, 06:07:47 AMavatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector hi there! I had a question regarding your 3d printed models available on your site. How does the availability for those work? There are a few of them I'm interested in purchasing, but they're all out of stock. Are any of them coming back or are they gone for good?

Well, I think I am the only person who can answer this properly:
At this very moment we are moving to a new house. I had to stop printing because of the birth of my little child and all the fumes and odeurs coming while printing and finishing the models made me dizzy. So I wouldn't want to find out if it could harm the children.

Long story short, we will have more space and I will have my workroom :)

Depending on how well the moving works the print Shop could be reopened in february 2024. The available figures were bulk printed long before I closed the Shop avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo
And yes, the Tuojiangosaurus is an outstanding and popular model I'd like to see in PVC, too avatar_Sim @Sim . Maybe in a different pose...

DefinitelyNOTDilo

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Thank you for the answer, I look forward to ordering some printed models! One more question, when it is reopened, will more models eventually be added, or will the catalogue remain the same? I'd love to see more options, particularly from Christopher Chavez.

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 30, 2023, 07:47:51 PMI'd love to see more options, particularly from Christopher Chavez.

I love his work too.

Concavenator

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1hOXxJIUSQ/?igsh=MTVtenI4dmF0anRrYg==

A pic of the Majungasaurus prototype by Raúl Pedroche.

Hopefully the Majungasaurus will be available soon!

thomasw100

Has that kickstarter campaign actually started as of yet?

Concavenator

thomasw100

As I said in a related thread, they should just sell these nice sculpts to Haolonggood and they would have these figures out in less than 6 months. And this could be a serious option actually.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I have one question, out of curiosity:

If the Majungasaurus figures are ready, what could be pushing their release back? In the post it is even said it's not clear their release will be feasible at all. How so? If they're ready, can't they be put for sale on the Wild Past site as the Scutosaurus + Kotlassia?

Faelrin

The message for non FB users:

QuoteImportant Update on Wild Past
As we approached the end of last year, we set in motion ambitious plans to revitalize Wild Past with a new, professional touch. This included our newsletter, model designs, production, paint applications, and the launch of a Kickstarter campaign for the new figures. However, in an unanticipated turn of events, there has been a profound silence on our part. To add to the challenges, our website is currently down, making resolutions difficult (please note that all orders have been processed, but we are currently unable to receive or send emails).
With a heavy heart, I must admit that I am unable to fulfill the project's demands at this scale. Consequently, Wild Past may be put on hold indefinitely unless I find support. It's a difficult decision, especially given the joy and passion I've poured into this work. The workload involving our online shop, social media presence, product development, logistics, customer support, and more has vastly exceeded my capacity.
The Majungasaurus figures are ready, but even their release is likely to be slow, if feasible at all. Rest assured, all financial obligations will be met.
This is a call for assistance: if anyone is interested and capable of revitalizing the campaign and collaborating with me (salary can be integrated into the budget), it would be a beacon of hope. Everything is in place; I just cannot do it alone.
I deeply appreciate your understanding and support during this challenging time.

I really hope he can find someone (or more) to work out these issues, since it appears to become too much of a workload for just him now. He said the Kickstarter campaign was launched but we never saw anything here if it did? Or was it not actually launched, but just prepared for? It would be a tragic shame for many of those to not release in the forseeable future, such as the Chasmosaurus or the Tenontosaurus, and all the rest.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

shahinos

The newsletter just said plans to launch a kickstarter, not that it actually launched.

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on February 13, 2024, 03:28:41 PMHe said the Kickstarter campaign was launched but we never saw anything here if it did? Or was it not actually launched, but just prepared for?
I understood it as just having been prepared for.  If it had launched I'm sure it would have been posted about on this forum and on the Wild Past Facebook page.

Quote from: Faelrin on February 13, 2024, 03:28:41 PMIt would be a tragic shame for many of those to not release in the forseeable future, such as the Chasmosaurus or the Tenontosaurus, and all the rest.
I think it would be a big loss to not have the planned Wild Past figures release, they were outstandingly good and much-needed.

I appreciate avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector providing an update on the situation.  I too hope he can find help in delivering Wild Past.

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on February 13, 2024, 02:23:37 PMavatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I have one question, out of curiosity:

If the Majungasaurus figures are ready, what could be pushing their release back? In the post it is even said it's not clear their release will be feasible at all. How so? If they're ready, can't they be put for sale on the Wild Past site as the Scutosaurus + Kotlassia?

The message also says the website isn't working (which is true, at least when I tried it earlier)

Concavenator

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 13, 2024, 01:50:28 PMAs I said in a related thread, they should just sell these nice sculpts to Haolonggood and they would have these figures out in less than 6 months. And this could be a serious option actually.

That is one clever idea.

I suggested in the comment sections reaching out to Nanmu, since they hinted at making scientifically accurate figures.

But yours appears to be a really good idea as well.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on February 13, 2024, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 13, 2024, 01:50:28 PMAs I said in a related thread, they should just sell these nice sculpts to Haolonggood and they would have these figures out in less than 6 months. And this could be a serious option actually.

That is one clever idea.

I suggested in the comment sections reaching out to Nanmu, since they hinted at making scientifically accurate figures.

But yours appears to be a really good idea as well.

My suggestion to involve Haolonggood was based on 1) the very open minded and supportive spirit of the Haolonggood represenative vapiredesign who is active in this forum, 2) the fact that Haolonggood products would probably be in the price range that Wild Past would have targeted as well, and 3) the fact PNSO which in my view would be the only other option just does their own thing, so they are not a real option.

DinoToyCollector

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to share some updates and thoughts on the journey I am on with this project. Your feedback and support have been invaluable, and it's clear that collaboration and careful planning are key as we move forward.

T @thomasw100 , your suggestion to consider partnering with another manufacturer resonates well with me and I actually tried this in the past. There were options on the table, and defining the nature of such a partnership is crucial. It would enable us to focus more on the models and less on the administrative aspects. This approach seems promising, and I'm keen to explore it further with the mentioned options.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator , the release of Majungasaurus has indeed been solely on my shoulders, compounded by sudden technical issues and time constraints. Pursuing this endeavor requires full attention and cannot be a side project, as was the case with Wild Past being a "hobby project". Thus, the focus must first be on what is achievable before gradually moving on to the next topic.

the Kickstarter launch was slated for December, but then an unexpected series of events unfolded. Essentially, I could press "Start" at any moment since the campaign is fully designed. It's a lesson for me that flexibility and readiness to adapt are crucial.

Moving forward, the plan is to address these challenges head-on. Prioritizing tasks, seeking collaborative opportunities, and ensuring I am prepared for unforeseen circumstances are steps I will take. I'm deeply appreciate your insights and encouragement.

Best,
Stefan

thomasw100

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 14, 2024, 07:58:17 AMHello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to share some updates and thoughts on the journey I am on with this project. Your feedback and support have been invaluable, and it's clear that collaboration and careful planning are key as we move forward.

T @thomasw100 , your suggestion to consider partnering with another manufacturer resonates well with me and I actually tried this in the past. There were options on the table, and defining the nature of such a partnership is crucial. It would enable us to focus more on the models and less on the administrative aspects. This approach seems promising, and I'm keen to explore it further with the mentioned options.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator , the release of Majungasaurus has indeed been solely on my shoulders, compounded by sudden technical issues and time constraints. Pursuing this endeavor requires full attention and cannot be a side project, as was the case with Wild Past being a "hobby project". Thus, the focus must first be on what is achievable before gradually moving on to the next topic.

the Kickstarter launch was slated for December, but then an unexpected series of events unfolded. Essentially, I could press "Start" at any moment since the campaign is fully designed. It's a lesson for me that flexibility and readiness to adapt are crucial.

Moving forward, the plan is to address these challenges head-on. Prioritizing tasks, seeking collaborative opportunities, and ensuring I am prepared for unforeseen circumstances are steps I will take. I'm deeply appreciate your insights and encouragement.

Best,
Stefan

Hi there, thank you very much for reaching out to the community and clarifying things. I suggested partnering with Haolongood also because they have now firmly established themselves on the market and set a high quality standard. So if Haolonggood would produce these models, it would be clear to everyone that we can expect really nice models and this would in turn result in excellent sales figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: