News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eatmycar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2024, 03:59:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2024, 01:52:33 PMI'm just happy to see the JP30 line isn't dead. I really thought it was just a gimmick to celebrate the 30th anniversary and what we got was going to be it. I didn't get the human sets but I got the T. rex and Explorer/Scutosaurus. I'm excited to see what other dinosaurs they might do for the line.

As long as they aren't all straight up repaints I agree. Hatchlings with no articulation can't cost that much to make.

I wish I felt this way, but I know if they repainted the Red T. rex into any of the old Kenner or even Hasbro rexes (Canyon Rex, anyone?), it would be a must-buy for me. As much as I loved the old decos, the sculpts back in the day were... ah, sub-par to put it nicely, or are just not in good condition 30 years later. Putting those classic decos on film accurate sculpts is my dream, and Mattel will get my cash that way without hesitation.

SpartanSquat

But this is the same scenario like metriacanthosaurus. Metria is like becklespinax. From what I saw and read the metria we know from JP is a yangchuanosaurus. In the nublar map the skull for metria is a yang. Also in those days yangchuanosaurus was lumped into metriacanthosaurus genus.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2024, 03:59:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2024, 01:52:33 PMI'm just happy to see the JP30 line isn't dead. I really thought it was just a gimmick to celebrate the 30th anniversary and what we got was going to be it. I didn't get the human sets but I got the T. rex and Explorer/Scutosaurus. I'm excited to see what other dinosaurs they might do for the line.

As long as they aren't all straight up repaints I agree. Hatchlings with no articulation can't cost that much to make.

I don't consider the T. rex a straight up repaint. It's the Colossal T. rex, sure, but not at a size we've seen it before. Plus it has enough gimmicks to make it unique. The rubber skin, sounds, gulper action. I would also accept repaints of some figures though. They could repaint the Dimetrodon and I would be all over it.

Prehistory Resurrection

Review and unboxing of the latest Hammond Collection Blue.

Prehistory Resurrection

Leaked image of the Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus. So the rumors were true after all... It's way better than the mainline Dominion version.

Carnoking

Wow! Looks like the Sound Slashin's days are numbered!

MLMjp

Articulated claws...never seen that before.

It might be more movie accurate...but in term of pure looks, I think the mainline looks better aesthetically.

Lets's wait until official pictures came out

EmperorDinobot

It's a must buy for me. I want to do the review for it too. Another addition for my Pachyrhinosaur herd.

Faelrin

Could it truly be? A new Pachyrhinosaurus that isn't P. lakustai for once? I'm surprised to see a brand new sculpt and not like a repaint of their 2018 one. Color me impressed. The coloration is pretty nice, for how barebones the paint is on these now.

The Therizinosaurus is also impressive, but I also pretty much still thoroughly enjoy the original figure too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mellow Stego

[/quote]
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on February 19, 2024, 09:27:40 PM
Leaked image of the Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus. So the rumors were true after all... It's way better than the mainline Dominion version.

The mainline version was really good. Still very excited for this one.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

EmperorDinobot

The mainline Therizinosaurus' arms look like they could break at any minute. The Grab 'n Growl Indoraptor had a similar mechanism, and they're all broken now. This is a welcome addition.

Gwangi

The Pachyrhinosaurus is magnificent! I have the old one but will definitely get this one too. Hard for me to turn down my favorite ceratopsian. And yeah, it's a different species too for a change.

The Therizinosaurus looks great but I don't think I'll replace the mainline one with it, which is still a really cool toy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pachyrhino is probably a must buy.  The Theri despite the  glass eyes still looks a little less interesting and scientifically accurate to the mainline one. I do hope the wrists rotate?

Looks like it does manage to match the film version more accurately.

Eatmycar

Both of these are stunning and I can't wait to get my hands on them - especially a pair of Therizinosaurs. If the nails are articulated, this is incredible.

Pachyrhinosaurus is a stellar addition. Jurassic Park feet aside, it can stand alongside Silva's P. Lakustai on my shelves. Great additions to the line.

Giganotosaurus

The Pachy is undersized, right?

Also, does the HC Theri have a wounded eye? I can't tell. I didn't even realize it was blind in one eye until I saw comments online.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Galaxy

Carnoking

I've just accepted never owning all the super colossal figures at this point

Gwangi

I got the first Super Colossal T. rex and never thought they would continue the line past that. I've been tempted by a few, like the incredible Carnotaurus, but have resisted so far.

Galaxy

Another look of the HC Therizinosaurus

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 20, 2024, 12:21:17 AM

I want to do the review for it too. Another addition for my Pachyrhinosaur herd.

I havent bought any of the recent Roarivore sized ceratopsians (e.g. Diabloceratops, Regaliceratops), but something about the Pachyrhinosaurus speaks to me. It isn't overly cartoonish like the former two, and really feels like it belongs as an official design in the films.

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on February 20, 2024, 04:35:09 AMThe Pachy is undersized, right?

(probably) Not if you use P. perotorum estimates ;)

The original JWFK figure represents P. lakustai with its mid-frill spikes. While the upcoming figure can represent P. perotorum. Would be amusing to see Mattel release a large P. canadensis, but I doubt that'll happen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: