News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 other reptiles would we like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, March 11, 2024, 05:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 would you most like from Safari?

Archelon
4 (16.7%)
Barinasuchus
1 (4.2%)
Brontosaurus
7 (29.2%)
Deinosuchus
6 (25%)
Eoraptor
4 (16.7%)
Eretmorhipis
6 (25%)
Erythrosuchus
7 (29.2%)
Fasolasuchus
3 (12.5%)
Hatzegopteryx
10 (41.7%)
Helveticosaurus
2 (8.3%)
Hydrotherosaurus
5 (20.8%)
Icarosaurus
4 (16.7%)
Khinjaria
1 (4.2%)
Lessemsaurid (any)
0 (0%)
Lotosaurus
4 (16.7%)
Mesosaurus
1 (4.2%)
Mosasaurus (new version)
2 (8.3%)
Nyctosaurus
4 (16.7%)
Plateosaurus
15 (62.5%)
Pterosaur toob
4 (16.7%)
Purussaurus
4 (16.7%)
Redondasaurus
2 (8.3%)
Rhamphorhynchus
3 (12.5%)
Sharovipteryx
3 (12.5%)
Shonisaurus
5 (20.8%)
Simosuchus
6 (25%)
Tanystropheus
0 (0%)
Temnodontosaurus
3 (12.5%)
Thecodontosaurus
2 (8.3%)
Tropeognathus
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Sim

Halichoeres

Another one where almost everything is a good choice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Went for Eoraptor, Plateosaurus, Rhamphorhynchus, Shonisaurus and Tropeognathus.

triceratops83

Not as many on this I would want but in order of preference I voted for -
Plateosaurus, Brontosaurus, Hydrotherosaurus, Erythrosuchus and Temnodontosaurus. We really need a Plateosaurus at the least.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Archelon, Deinosuchus, Nyctosaurus, Pterosaur Toob, Plateosaurus.

Gwangi

This one was tough but I went with...

Eretmorhipis
Lotosaurus
Purussaurus
Redondasaurus
Simosuchus

I also really want an Arizonasaurus but that wasn't on the list. I would be happy with Bullyland's if I could find it.

Halichoeres

I would bet a moderate amount of money that Safari makes Plateosaurus or some other basal sauropodomorph this year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

I really hope they do, it's been requested for so long. :-\  Also, a Plateosaurus was going to be made by Battat and Wild Past but with both it hasn't worked out.  It feels like we've come close to a Plateosaurus several times, always ending in it not being produced.  I hope Safari delivers one.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

One of the few gaps left after the end of the Carnegie line. I guess so is Tanystropheus, which nobody voted for! Maybe because collectively we know less about its inaccuracies.

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2024, 01:48:49 AMOne of the few gaps left after the end of the Carnegie line. I guess so is Tanystropheus, which nobody voted for! Maybe because collectively we know less about its inaccuracies.

I would like a new Tanystropheus but I do have the Carnegie versions. They're inaccurate but there are too many options here that don't have figures at all.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on March 19, 2024, 01:59:20 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2024, 01:48:49 AMOne of the few gaps left after the end of the Carnegie line. I guess so is Tanystropheus, which nobody voted for! Maybe because collectively we know less about its inaccuracies.

I would like a new Tanystropheus but I do have the Carnegie versions. They're inaccurate but there are too many options here that don't have figures at all.

Yeah, I didn't vote for either. Would I buy new versions of Tanystropheus or Plateosaurus? Probably, yes. But the ones that have no figures at all are a much higher priority for me.

GojiraGuy1954

I would have done it over Helveticosaurus but I missed its name on the list
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.