News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

I used that painting for a refference once. I knew I wasnt the only one who thought it could pass for a PNSO

Joel1905

Quote from: Carnoking on March 30, 2024, 04:29:08 PM

Not to be outdone by the newly revealed Lufengosaurus, I got my copy of Zabad earlier this month. I know HLG has one of these coming for about half the price, but my word if PNSO's take isn't fantastic! The sculpt, pose, size, and pattern really make it worth that extra dough in my book.

Spoiler

Here he is with Safari's offering, gone too soon  :'(

[close]

Spoiler

Safari's was a little too small for my taste back in the day, so I had to get CollectA to scratch my properly sized Edmontosaurus itch. Comparing the heads, PNSO's feels more gracile and low than CollectA's take on E. regalis.

[close]

Spoiler

But when compared to Ancestors E. annectens, it does come across as stockier. I can't say I'd be too upset if PNSO followed up Zabad with a proper E. annectens...

[close]

Anyway you slice it though, Zabad is far and away the easy favorite of my growing Edmontosaurus herd.

Not only that, but he makes for an easy standout among PNSO's other hadrosaurids!

Spoiler

Alongside the beautiful but ridiculously overpriced Xiaoqin, the Tsintaosaurus.

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Audrey the Lambeosaurus

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Caroline the Corythosaurus

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Ivan

[close]

Spoiler

Zabad and Wyatt, the previous gold standard in my book.

[close]

Here he is with his Cretaceous Contemporaries. PNSO is really building out this group nicely!

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

Hadrosaurs, Ceratopsians, or Sauropods, it's all the same to PNSO. Say what you will about them, but I'm yet to find another company to so consistently knock figures of every group out of the park!

[close]

Of course, poor Zabad can't escape some T. rex comparisons.

Spoiler

Cameron might be in for a bit of a fight here...

[close]

Spoiler

Wilson might want to weigh his options before going after the likes of Zabad.

[close]

Spoiler

And Logan is definitely biting off more than he can chew!

[close]

Honestly, the other North American Maastrichtian Dinosaurs from PNSO are amazing, but they just make me want a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Quetzalcoatlus and an updated Ankylosaurus from PNSO even more.

Cameron is so frustrating because she's just a set of lips away from utter perfection.

One day, my dream of PNSO making up to date models of every medium/large animal from WWD & Jurassic Park will come true...

Joel1905

Quote from: Concavenator on April 01, 2024, 05:39:11 PMOK, March has passed already and there's been no Euoplocephalus by PNSO. So we can now officially claim that list was fake. At least they made it look believable. I would still be interested in a Shunosaurus, hopefully they'll make it. The only one from that list that would interest me.

Speaking of which, I saw this image on Baidu and got excited:

But then I realized it's a painting (and I noticed today's date, too)...  :P

There were some names on that list that excited me! But I'm glad it was fake tbh as I NEEEEEED a Plateosaurus, Dilophosaurus, lipped Megalosaurus, Lexovisaurus, Cetiosaurus, Diplodocus, Brachiosaurus, Utahraptor, an Iguanodon with a corrected head, Australovenator, Muttaburrasaurus, an updated Ankylosaurus and a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex from PNSO, like now.

Sim

You NEED a Lexovisaurus? ???  The thing is just fragments, it doesn't have a known appearance.  Also, the PNSO Iguanodon's head is accurate to a real Iguanodon specimen's skull, there's nothing to correct about it.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on April 02, 2024, 08:27:18 PMYou NEED a Lexovisaurus? ???  The thing is just fragments, it doesn't have a known appearance.  Also, the PNSO Iguanodon's head is accurate to a real Iguanodon specimen's skull, there's nothing to correct about it.

There are lots of reasons to want something aside from how well known it is. Maybe he just wants it because it's from Europe? I NEEDED a Hadrosaurus and Dryptosaurus. Not because of their fossil record but because of their historical significance and location of discovery.

I would also like to see a HLG Iguanodon, mostly because I refuse to pay what PNSO's costs.

Sim

You "NEEDED" a Dryptosaurus?  You've found one you're happy with?

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on April 02, 2024, 10:18:47 PMYou "NEEDED" a Dryptosaurus?  You've found one you're happy with?

Not really. I have Mattel's and don't collect BotM. Hoping CollectA makes one to go with the Hadrosaurus.

Joel1905

Quote from: Sim on April 02, 2024, 08:27:18 PMYou NEED a Lexovisaurus? ???  The thing is just fragments, it doesn't have a known appearance.  Also, the PNSO Iguanodon's head is accurate to a real Iguanodon specimen's skull, there's nothing to correct about it.

Well, I'm from England so that's one reason. Also Lexovisaurus was a contemporary of Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus! There was also a WWD book series with extra stories that my late grandfather subscribed me to and there was a book set in mid-Jurassic England and Lexovisaurus, Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus all had prominent roles. It also inspired the settings and ecosystem for a Primeval reboot that I'm writing.

Certain Dinosaurs have sentimental significance because of links like that. I found out about Lexovisaurus as a 6 year old because of my amazing grandfather.

Flaffy

I don't see a reason to shame or be snide with other people's wants/wishes. Just because something may not be of importance to you doesn't mean that it can't be of significance to another collector.

Sim

Quote from: Joel1905 on April 02, 2024, 11:29:55 PMWell, I'm from England so that's one reason. Also Lexovisaurus was a contemporary of Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus! There was also a WWD book series with extra stories that my late grandfather subscribed me to and there was a book set in mid-Jurassic England and Lexovisaurus, Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus all had prominent roles. It also inspired the settings and ecosystem for a Primeval reboot that I'm writing.

Certain Dinosaurs have sentimental significance because of links like that. I found out about Lexovisaurus as a 6 year old because of my amazing grandfather.
Thanks for the explanation.  I'm from England too but have no interest in a Lexovisaurus figure...  I've looked online and from what I've been able to find Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus and Lexovisaurus are not known to have coexisted?  If you'd like a good figure of a British stegosaurian, have you considered the Haolonggood Dacentrurus?

Quote from: Flaffy on April 02, 2024, 11:47:51 PMI don't see a reason to shame or be snide with other people's wants/wishes. Just because something may not be of importance to you doesn't mean that it can't be of significance to another collector.
Of course, and I wasn't doing those things.

dragon53

Pinbacker

Quote from: dragon53 on April 03, 2024, 02:18:54 PM

Great review! What a beautiful figure. It's available for preorder on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/49e34b1

Fembrogon

Quote from: ozxmandias on April 01, 2024, 06:19:04 PMJust a heads up but the Lufengosaurus is finally avaliable in the official PNSO store on AE

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMhcUl4
Jurassic Zoo Store now has it as well, matching the Amazon price:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806595844723.html

Joel1905

Quote from: Sim on April 03, 2024, 12:06:03 AM
Quote from: Joel1905 on April 02, 2024, 11:29:55 PMWell, I'm from England so that's one reason. Also Lexovisaurus was a contemporary of Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus! There was also a WWD book series with extra stories that my late grandfather subscribed me to and there was a book set in mid-Jurassic England and Lexovisaurus, Megalosaurus & Cetiosaurus all had prominent roles. It also inspired the settings and ecosystem for a Primeval reboot that I'm writing.

Thanks for the explanation.  I'm from England too but have no interest in a Lexovisaurus figure...  I've looked online and from what I've been able to find Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus and Lexovisaurus are not known to have coexisted?  If you'd like a good figure of a British stegosaurian, have you considered the Haolonggood Dacentrurus?

Quote from: Flaffy on April 02, 2024, 11:47:51 PMI don't see a reason to shame or be snide with other people's wants/wishes. Just because something may not be of importance to you doesn't mean that it can't be of significance to another collector.
Of course, and I wasn't doing those things.

Their temporal range crosses over. Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus & Lexovisaurus all have a temporal range that hits 166mya and they've all been found in Oxfordshire.

Sim

Quote from: Joel1905 on April 03, 2024, 10:34:29 PMTheir temporal range crosses over. Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus & Lexovisaurus all have a temporal range that hits 166mya and they've all been found in Oxfordshire.
I see now that Cetiosaurus and Megalosaurus coexisted, but Lexovisaurus is younger and from Dorset and Cambridgeshire according to Wikipedia?  Due to how close to the other two it is in time and in location, I think it's possible it coexisted with them.  Thanks for the enlightenment!

Joel1905

Quote from: Sim on April 03, 2024, 10:52:58 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on April 03, 2024, 10:34:29 PMTheir temporal range crosses over. Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus & Lexovisaurus all have a temporal range that hits 166mya and they've all been found in Oxfordshire.
I see now that Cetiosaurus and Megalosaurus coexisted, but Lexovisaurus is younger and from Dorset and Cambridgeshire according to Wikipedia?  Due to how close to the other two it is in time and in location, I think it's possible it coexisted with them.  Thanks for the enlightenment!

'Younger' by 300,000 years. It's not a stretch to imagine that there are older Lexovisaurus specimens that haven't been found yet, or an earlier species or ancestor. Also as you know, Cambridgeshire is right next to Oxfordshire  :P

GojiraGuy1954

Very common for people to severely underestimate the geopgraphical range of extinct animals too. Abscence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of abscence
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

As suspected, PNSO's Edmontosaurus is E. annectens after all.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on April 07, 2024, 06:27:55 PM

As suspected, PNSO's Edmontosaurus is E. annectens after all.
It's good to know, for sure, leaving the guessing behind.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: