News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Over9K

Jurassic World, during the pterosaur attack, the very next cut after the late Jimmy Buffet makes his cameo...

... is a shot of what I **think** are several Papo Running T.rexes, that have at least been repainted, if not slightly modified. They could also be knock-offs.

This may not be the right thread for this, but here goes..

In The Return Of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985 there is an exposition scene near the beginning of the film where we see the lab of Professor Hyashida, including three prehistoric skeleton models, a Dimetrodon, a Baryonyx/Suchomimus and a T.rex. I would LOVE to know anything about these models, especially the T.rex. Does anyone recognize them?

Gwangi

The skeleton in Godzilla 1985 cannot be a Baryonyx/Suchomimus avatar_Over9K @Over9K. Baronyx was described in 1986 and Suchomimus in 1998! Looks like something more along the lines of Plateosaurus.

DinoFan2010

The Papo-looking rexes in Jurassic World are actually custom-made resin models exclusively for the film. Also, the Bill Nye the Science Guy intro features cameos of the OG Carnegie Triceratops and Diplodocus. Don't know if this has already been covered, but I just wanted to point it out.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Ludodactylus

My wife has been watching "Love on the Spectrum," a reality series about the struggles individuals with autism face while trying to date. It's pretty tastefully done and there's at least one individual the show is following who has toy dinosaurs on display. I'll have to go back through the episodes we've watched and see if I can get some shots of the collection; I don't recall any clear in focus shots but maybe I just missed it.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Libraraptor

In Germany there is a really Bad ebay commercial these days. A teenage milksop is dating what seems to be his first girlfriend. Suddenly she says next time she would like to meet at his house. Next shot shows him trying to sell a big plastic dinosaur on Ebay in a hurry, as if suddenly he became embarrassed by owning it. Parting from your dino toys, the spot tries to suggests means growing up and becoming more mature. Sigh  ::)  I catch myself screaming at him that no girl is ever worth selling one's dinosaur figures...

CityRaptor

I dunno, those were not exactly the best figues. More like those bootleggy, knock-offy, possibly toxic things you can find on eBay and Amazon.
Surprised he gets anything for those at all. But then again, those eBay commercials are not exactly realistic.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ludodactylus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 16, 2024, 04:28:48 PMIn Germany there is a really Bad ebay commercial these days. A teenage milksop is dating what seems to be his first girlfriend. Suddenly she says next time she would like to meet at his house. Next shot shows him trying to sell a big plastic dinosaur on Ebay in a hurry, as if suddenly he became embarrassed by owning it. Parting from your dino toys, the spot tries to suggests means growing up and becoming more mature. Sigh  ::)  I catch myself screaming at him that no girl is ever worth selling one's dinosaur figures...

That sounds like a depressing commercial.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

CityRaptor

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/104044-000-A/auf-der-jagd-nach-dino-fossilien/

This documentary offers a glimpse into the collections of two palaeontologists:
Jack Horner's collection includes a Wild Safari Baby Apatosaurus, a "Howling Protoceratops" ceramic figure as well as a Chinasaur T.rex.
Nizar Ibrahim has a Dino Riders Chasmosaurus and either owns or owned a Carnegie Collection Brachiosaurus

Also tons of toys in this short documentary about palaeoart:
https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/105628-007-A/gymnastics/
Oh no

CityRaptor

Papo Running T.rex
Schleich Allosaurus
G1 Grimlock
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 20, 2024, 11:19:30 PMhttps://www.arte.tv/de/videos/104044-000-A/auf-der-jagd-nach-dino-fossilien/

This documentary offers a glimpse into the collections of two palaeontologists:
Jack Horner's collection includes a Wild Safari Baby Apatosaurus, a "Howling Protoceratops" ceramic figure as well as a Chinasaur T.rex.
Nizar Ibrahim has a Dino Riders Chasmosaurus and either owns or owned a Carnegie Collection Brachiosaurus

Also tons of toys in this short documentary about palaeoart:
https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/105628-007-A/gymnastics/

I have come across this show by accident. I like it and will look it from the beginning soon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.