News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

After watching JW twice, I think that Lowery's Edmontonia is not the Battat figure but instead a knockoff. His Edmontonia has both head & tail curving to the left:

Meanwhile the Battat Edmontonia is more straight, with the head and tail curving slightly to the right:

The Battat Edmontonia is easily the most widely knocked-off of all the Battats; I remember seeing quite a few knockoffs during my childhood (though I do not own one to reference). Given that the rest of Lowery's desk is occupied by generic chinasaurs I would suspect that the Edmontonia is indeed a cheap knockoff rather than a rare and rather valuable Battat.

docronnie

I tried the best I could to identify those figures and concluded that they were all Chinasaurs after all.

I was expecting to see some beautiful collectible dinos, but I think I did.  I just need to buy the DVD and watch it all over again and pause to make sure.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

stargatedalek

I spotted a few Invicta at the start of the movie.

Roselaar

Quote from: docronnie on June 14, 2015, 06:59:08 AM
I tried the best I could to identify those figures and concluded that they were all Chinasaurs after all.

I was expecting to see some beautiful collectible dinos, but I think I did.  I just need to buy the DVD and watch it all over again and pause to make sure.

Hey, at least Gray has some decent figures in his room. Shows he knows more about dinosaur toys than Lowery! :)

Didn't see any Invictasaurs though. I did spot a Kenner Bull T-Rex (or a repaint) in the gift shop near the end of the film.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just finished watching an episode of How It's Made which featured the Schleich tyrannosaurus rex. Very interesting. It also showed the giganotosaurus briefly being digitally sculpted, as well as the older tripod rex being molded. I haven't been able to find the clip on YouTube, but it was the last item that was showed in the episode.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 20, 2015, 09:02:35 PM
I just finished watching an episode of How It's Made which featured the Schleich tyrannosaurus rex. Very interesting. It also showed the giganotosaurus briefly being digitally sculpted, as well as the older tripod rex being molded. I haven't been able to find the clip on YouTube, but it was the last item that was showed in the episode.

Here's the episode on youtube.
It starts at 13:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGzr9P2F0o8

Invicta Hunter

I was watching T-rex Ultimate Survivor today and saw a Battat diplo and a T-rex skeleton by Elenco.

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on June 20, 2015, 09:48:50 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 20, 2015, 09:02:35 PM

Here's the episode on youtube.
It starts at 13:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGzr9P2F0o8

Very informative! Aamazing how much work goes in a simple toy like this, even in Schleich's case. I wish they spent more time at the designer stage though.

Pachyrhinosaurus

[Video No Longer Available]
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

tyou can see also that the rippoff edmontonia has a line on its back a charicteristic for chinasaurus
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Gwangi

"T. rex Autopsy" also has the Elenco T. rex skeleton.

Also the PaleoWorld episode "Secrets of the Brontosaurus" has Robert Bakker hacking the head off of an Invicta Apatosaurus. The episode also has an Invicta Diplodocus, Carnegie Brachiosaurus, Battat Diplodocus and Safari Memenchisaurus.

CityRaptor

I don't know the name of the documentary, but there is one that uses the current Carnegie Diplodocus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm watching Adult Swim right now and saw an indent which included the green Papo tyrannosaurus being ridden by a squirrel.
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

hahhahahahahha lol.............
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Roselaar

In the extras on the Jurassic World blu-ray, I spotted a Wild Safari Cycad on Vivian's (Lauran Lapkus) desk. Didn't see that in the movie (too busy focusing on Lowery's desk). I also noticed a Papo green T-Rex on the desk of one of the digital designers.

There's also a dinosaur toy in Spotlight that I couldn't identify.

MLMjp

I have found another toy cameo in Jurassic World. A Jurassic Park toy nontheless!!

In the most epic dinosaur fight ever. ;D ;D

Pause it at 0:25 and look at the table in front of Clare and the kids and you will see it.....It´s a Bull T.rex!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPS8-oRvVh4

Roselaar

Quote from: MLMjp on April 13, 2016, 05:34:41 PM
I have found another toy cameo in Jurassic World. A Jurassic Park toy nontheless!!

Pause it at 0:25 and look at the table in front of Clare and the kids and you will see it.....It´s a Bull T.rex!! :)

Yes, there is that model, though only visible in a flash. I doubt it's an original Bull Rex though, probably its 2009 retool. It's in silhouette, so we can't tell for sure, but behind-the-scenes pics showed a lot of 2009 figures in that shop.
And don't forget the Favorite desktop skeletons in Wu's office.

yankeetrex

Quote from: Roselaar on April 14, 2016, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on April 13, 2016, 05:34:41 PM

Yes, there is that model, though only visible in a flash. I doubt it's an original Bull Rex though, probably its 2009 retool. It's in silhouette, so we can't tell for sure, but behind-the-scenes pics showed a lot of 2009 figures in that shop.
And don't forget the Favorite desktop skeletons in Wu's office.

I was there, I can confirm it was the 2k9 Rex in the store.

DC

I noticed European films tend to have Schleich dinosaurs like the Stegosaur in Les Compères.

The series Primeval, the "Into the Late Permian" episode the kid had a varied collection in his room.  You see it when the gorganopsid breaks into his room
You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Given how widespread they are here, it is no surprise. Although one also sees them in US movies, like in Gray's room in Jurassic World and also in young Ford Brody's room in  Godzilla ( despite the models in question not existing when that scene takes place )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: