News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

CARNOKING:

The two photos I posted originally are exactly what I'm seeing. The email HLG Nasutoceratops is $8.43, but when I click on the email image, the price on the Aliexpress website is $16.87.
I didn't see anything about a welcoming sale, but that might be it.

vampiredesign

The main issue is standing. I don't really like braces or other forms of support, but let's try various methods. Secondly, there is the issue of market pricing, which is actually quite awkward. If the species is very small, we may use gift packaging to match other large models, and selling them separately would be very awkward. The newly released products are enough for us to be busy for a while. Of course, there are other species that have not been disclosed, and their posture dynamics and standing require some time. We will carefully brainstorm a good idea to showcase.

ceratopsian

I get daily emails from AliExpress - at least one a day, sometimes more, D @dragon53.  I ignore them all and don't even bother to open them.  I just visit the site when I'm looking for something to buy.  If you want something with a discount, your best bet is to look when AliExpress has sales on.

Quote from: dragon53 on April 25, 2024, 12:09:25 AMGWANGI:

As I said earlier, I'm getting these Aliexpress/HLG emails almost everyday. It seems like bait-and-switch to me with the email advertising a HLG dinosaur for around $8, but click on the email and it's $16 on the website.

Sim

I hope Haolonggood won't use permanently attached bases.  I don't collect figures with permanently attached bases.

Faelrin

V @vampiredesign I think a pack or set of small dinosaurs would be an amazing way to package them. Like a set of small ornithischians (like discussed here and above) or theropods would be really cool to see.

I agree for the most part with avatar_Sim @Sim though that said I would make an exception if they were very small figures done like the PNSO Little Dinosaurs figures, where they look like they are in a natural ecosystem, and the bases are relatively unobtrusive, and a display stand (like PNSO offers) wouldn't be feasible. It would also allow for some fun poses, such as the Kaiyodo Yi, or the PNSO Sinosauropteryx (in death pose, but still lol). Or like some of Kaiyodo's figures. Some examples of what I mean:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'd be totally fine with permanent bases if means getting some small genera.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

oscars_dinos

don't know if this is old news but the mamenchi is available on amazon. Its 120, but I'm guessing that includes shipping

thomasw100

First in hand picture of the Mamenchisaurus from Paleofiguras. The brown variant looks actually quite bright, which I really like.

ceratopsian

On the brightness: note that there is a strong light shining down on the model from above - you can see its reflection on the floor to the left.

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 26, 2024, 08:03:51 AMOn the brightness: note that there is a strong light shining down on the model from above - you can see its reflection on the floor to the left.

But we can compare the color impression of the Halonggoood Mamenchisaurus with that of the PNSO one. Both should be affected by the illumination in approximately the same way. And in comparison, the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus looks still quite bright I would think. The illumination actually brings out the skin texture of the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus very nicely.

ceratopsian

As a photographer, my experience with lighting tells me that is not so.  The light will not necessarily affect two items quite close together in the same way. It depends on how tightly focused the light source is - how narrow the beam is. 

Quote from: thomasw100 on April 26, 2024, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on April 26, 2024, 08:03:51 AMOn the brightness: note that there is a strong light shining down on the model from above - you can see its reflection on the floor to the left.

But we can compare the color impression of the Halonggoood Mamenchisaurus with that of the PNSO one. Both should be affected by the illumination in approximately the same way. And in comparison, the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus looks still quite bright I would think. The illumination actually brings out the skin texture of the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus very nicely.

Concavenator

I think I found out who Haolonggood's sculptor is! They're called @zeroes_zee on Instagram. They uploaded pics of the Scolosaurus and Tlatolophus sculpts. Somebody asked them if they designed the Scolosaurus ("Euoplocephalus") and they said yes.

avatar_Sim @Sim If you browse through their gallery, you will see a Tuojiangosaurus sculpt!

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on April 26, 2024, 12:33:34 PMI think I found out who Haolonggood's sculptor is! They're called @zeroes_zee on Instagram. They uploaded pics of the Scolosaurus and Tlatolophus sculpts. Somebody asked them if they designed the Scolosaurus ("Euoplocephalus") and they said yes.

avatar_Sim @Sim If you browse through their gallery, you will see a Tuojiangosaurus sculpt!

Very interesting find. I checked out that Instagram page and what I noticed is that this features several resin models which were sold by Lana Time Shop in the past and that were featuring as produced by Zee Studio. You can still find some of them on the website of Lana. I do also recall the Saltasaurus, the Qingxiusaurus and the Tuojiangosaurus. The latter is still available for purchase from Lana. So I would imagine that this designer has been contracted by Haolonggood for some of their models. Maybe he now even works exclusively for Haolonggood. I remember that in fall some forthcoming models were available for pre-order from Zee Studio for a short time, but then they were cancelled. I inquired with Lana at the time and they replied something like they did not receive enough orders. If the designer started to work for Haolonggood, he may have no time or no permission any more to keep his own business running.

Samrukia

Quote from: Concavenator on April 26, 2024, 12:33:34 PMI think I found out who Haolonggood's sculptor is! They're called @zeroes_zee on Instagram. They uploaded pics of the Scolosaurus and Tlatolophus sculpts. Somebody asked them if they designed the Scolosaurus ("Euoplocephalus") and they said yes.

also Brachiosaurus

thomasw100

More in hand pictures of the Mamemchisaurus as per Paleofiguras:

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 26, 2024, 09:36:01 AMAs a photographer, my experience with lighting tells me that is not so.  The light will not necessarily affect two items quite close together in the same way. It depends on how tightly focused the light source is - how narrow the beam is. 

Absolutely! Also the surface structure and colour of the model play an important role.
 The PNSO Mamenchisaurus by the way is also heavily affected by the sunlight. Actually it should be dark purple all around.

postsaurischian

oscars_dinos

Wowowowow yeah this is HLG's best release, I do think the sculpting detail is almost a bit too crunchy, but It works for such a large animal. I would love some more pics with it and the pnso yangchuanosaurus (and other pnso's in general as that's what my collection consist of) but yeah really good work excited to start seeing reviews soon.

Faelrin

I feel like this blows PNSO's recent attempt out of the water. Absolutely gorgeous.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Faelrin on April 26, 2024, 09:42:39 PMI feel like this blows PNSO's recent attempt out of the water. Absolutely gorgeous.

While I do think this is great I do think pnso has been cooking this year so far, Granted its only been 3 figures but I've liked all of them so far.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: