News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted pictures of the designer edition of Ampelosaurus, Apatosaurus and Edmontonia. These appear to be somewhat different designs compared to what was seen before.

Samrukia

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 09, 2024, 08:58:56 AMPaleofiguras posted pictures of the designer edition of Ampelosaurus, Apatosaurus and Edmontonia. These appear to be somewhat different designs compared to what was seen before.

and they appear all the same

SenSx

There is jsut one thing that annoys me with this Mamenchisarurus, it's the orientation of the neck.
It seems to hide it's head if you showcase it on its right side, contrary to all my other sauropods, and I would have prefered to put them all on the same side...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 09, 2024, 07:57:10 AM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 12:17:05 AMI was torn in between this mamenchisaurus & rebor's diplodocus. I had to choose rebor because it was cheaper when adding to shipping costs.

I know it's not popular here because of seam lines but detachable necks & tails would help a lot shipping prices to overseas. Also in some countries it won't pass through customs because of that.

Alamosaurus and their next titanosaur also unfortunately won't be available for me for these reasons. I was able to buy apatosaurus though. No complaints it's a great figure.

I'm waiting for styracosaurus & stegosaurus before make a decision on PNSO versions.

I am strongly opposing the view that large models should be made in several detachable parts resulting in clearly visible seamlines. This is just plain ugly and ruins any model. I can only discourage companies like Haolonggood to go down that path. It will very negatively impact the sales figures of such models.

I own several model that attach together like that and I really don't see an issue in mine? I can only recall one pic of a Rebor Rex that needed to be heated a bit and pushed together harder.   These companies could maybe, make the seam not not straight but more jagged so they fit more like a puzzle piece?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 09, 2024, 11:49:00 AMThere is jsut one thing that annoys me with this Mamenchisarurus, it's the orientation of the neck.
It seems to hide it's head if you showcase it on its right side, contrary to all my other sauropods, and I would have prefered to put them all on the same side...

This is constantly bugging me in my collection trying to orient all of the one way..it never works out perfectly.

Carnoking

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 06, 2024, 07:39:21 PM

I know this was supposed to help me choose but it just made it all the more challenging to pick one between these two  :'(

I loved the discussion about pigmentation in large bodied herbivores in the first video, and while that would seem to make the brown variant the go to choice for a more plausible rendition, at the end of the day, my eye kept going back to the blue variant. I figured if a figure commands my attention that much, then it must be the way to go, so I've got Big Blue coming soon!

SidB

That's a way of deciding that I've made more than once.

ceratopsian

I think it's a good way of deciding.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Carnoking on May 09, 2024, 05:07:38 PM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 06, 2024, 07:39:21 PM

I know this was supposed to help me choose but it just made it all the more challenging to pick one between these two  :'(

I loved the discussion about pigmentation in large bodied herbivores in the first video, and while that would seem to make the brown variant the go to choice for a more plausible rendition, at the end of the day, my eye kept going back to the blue variant. I figured if a figure commands my attention that much, then it must be the way to go, so I've got Big Blue coming soon!
I got that very kind of dilemma and resolution for myself, that blue Mamenxi will bring a colourful display for my Sauropod herd too.  :)

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 09, 2024, 07:57:10 AMI am strongly opposing the view that large models should be made in several detachable parts resulting in clearly visible seamlines. This is just plain ugly and ruins any model. I can only discourage companies like Haolonggood to go down that path. It will very negatively impact the sales figures of such models.

It would help reducing shipping cost a lot. For example, Rebor & Eofauna diplodocus would cost me almost same because of shipping prices, even though eofauna is half of the price of rebor. Actually Eofauna diplodocus' shipping is twice the cost of the product itself.

I believe for large figures it might improve the sales around the world. Some of the dinosaurs at 1/35 will be a meter long or more.

Turkeysaurus

What if Mamenchisaurus was beige color? Then dark brown one is as wrong as blue one. I don't care too much about what's plausible as long as paint doesn't look too wacky.

Ambre

I don't know if this is the right page for this but i wanted to know if anyone had ordered the Haolonggod Apatosaurus (Yellow) recently. I ask this because i just receive mine and it seems a lot darker and less vibrant than what i saw in some reviews. It dosen't bother me much but i wanted to know if it was something that I could avoid? Especially with big expensive models like this one. I had the same issue with the PNSO anylosaurus and i wandered if the reason was the same.

I orderd it on Aliexpress with Model Toy Center if that matters

SidB

Quote from: Ambre on May 10, 2024, 12:31:58 PMI don't know if this is the right page for this but i wanted to know if anyone had ordered the Haolonggod Apatosaurus (Yellow) recently. I ask this because i just receive mine and it seems a lot darker and less vibrant than what i saw in some reviews. It dosen't bother me much but i wanted to know if it was something that I could avoid? Especially with big expensive models like this one. I had the same issue with the PNSO anylosaurus and i wandered if the reason was the same.

I ordered and received my Apatosaurus some time go, so I can't answer your question SPECIFICALLY, but GENERALLY speaking, it is a quite frequent practice of companies to have simpler or at least somewhat different paint apps on their dinosaur figures as time goes on, especially as the figure nears the end of its run of availability. This is one reason to acquire the desired piece as early as possible in its term of availability.

Ambre

Quote from: SidB on May 10, 2024, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Ambre on May 10, 2024, 12:31:58 PMI don't know if this is the right page for this but i wanted to know if anyone had ordered the Haolonggod Apatosaurus (Yellow) recently. I ask this because i just receive mine and it seems a lot darker and less vibrant than what i saw in some reviews. It dosen't bother me much but i wanted to know if it was something that I could avoid? Especially with big expensive models like this one. I had the same issue with the PNSO anylosaurus and i wandered if the reason was the same.

I ordered and received my Apatosaurus some time go, so I can't answer your question SPECIFICALLY, but GENERALLY speaking, it is a quite frequent practice of companies to have simpler or at least somewhat different paint apps on their dinosaur figures as time goes on, especially as the figure nears the end of its run of availability. This is one reason to acquire the desired piece as early as possible in its term of availability.
Yeah thats what i thought. It doesen't bother me for this Apato but it discourages me for future sauropod realeases since they are really expensive and i can't usually order them right away.
I guess the only solution is to plan in advance since Haolonggod has announced what figures will release this year. 

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I actually totally did and mine was the same at first, but when I brought it outside and looked at it in natural sunlight it seemed much brighter, and I'm wondering if yours is the same. It seems that the vibrancy of the model is very lighting dependent.

Ambre

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on May 10, 2024, 04:38:38 PM

I actually totally did and mine was the same at first, but when I brought it outside and looked at it in natural sunlight it seemed much brighter, and I'm wondering if yours is the same. It seems that the vibrancy of the model is very lighting dependent.

Well right now its night where i live, i'll try this tomorow. Thank you for your help !!

Pachyventer

I just got my Euoplocephalus figure and it's absolutely gorgeous! It's so lifelike and awesomely puffy.

NOW I'm ready for another batch of dinosaur figures from the Haologgood's list. I'm really excited to see what else Haolonggood has in store for us. Which ones will they be? The Stegosaurus, a-a-a-a-a-a-nd... (I'd love it to be Utahceratops, Saichania or Gastonia) ;) Just bring 'em on!

Sim

I'm ready for more Haolonggood figures too!  I think the Stegosaurus will most likely be next, it's a fitting dinosaur to be number 100 from Haolonggood.  I too am keen on getting the Utahceratops, Saichania and Gastonia.

V @vampiredesign, is it possible to make the Haolonggood Amargasaurus's neck spines completely within a sail?  Something ike what is shown below:

(Image from the Amargasaurus Wikipedia page.)

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim I recall avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , avatar_SenSx @SenSx and me (if not more people) already brought the point about Haolonggood's Amargasaurus' neck sail not being complete as it is believed it may have been. Hopefully the released version will have a complete neck sail indeed (also important, the first neck spine is single and included within the sail!!!). If the released figure's neck sail is incomplete, I seriously think a post-release fix like the Ouranosaurus would be very important in this particular case, as this would be a change that could categorically change the Amargasaurus from "inaccurate" to "accurate". It's not everyday that a new Amargasaurus figure is released, so it would be a shame for this Amargasaurus to not be up-to-date with modern thinking.

Anyways, I would probably still buy it eventually, but I would hold off on it for a while hoping a more accurate version comes from someone else (or alternatively, a fixed version by Haolonggood themselves). And I would have to commission a fix for the neck sail, which won't be affordable. So I'd rather not have to commission any fix, and Haolonggood corrects their version or anybody else releases an accurate Amargasaurus. Truth is, Haolonggood's Amargasaurus is looking fantastic based on what we've seen, it's simply the neck's sail that's holding it back.

In any case, a lot of us have been asking for an Amargasaurus, so regardless of the feasiblity of this scientific accuracy change, I have to thank V @vampiredesign for the choice of animal. It's clear Haolonggood is a company that listens to not only their fans' wishes (as seen in many highly awaited species they've already launched figures of), but also other suggestions to improve their products (like the more recent copies of the Ouranosaurus possessing thumb spikes, or their more recent theropods having lips). And as such, they should be praised by that.

Bread

Amargasaurus > over everything ;)

Really hoping for it's reveal soon. Regardless if it will have the latest sail reconstruction or not, I'm going to assume it will be the definitive version compared to what we have currently on the market.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: