News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscars_dinos

looks like I gotta stop being a worrywart and start buying from here lol, I did get the mamenchi last night (from model toy store) so lets see how it goes, are the shipping estimates usually accurate?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: oscars_dinos on May 05, 2024, 05:46:01 PMlooks like I gotta stop being a worrywart and start buying from here lol, I did get the mamenchi last night (from model toy store) so lets see how it goes, are the shipping estimates usually accurate?
For me its about 6-14 days to delivery, so the  shipping estimate is actually more like an upper limit. I don't know if its certain to everyone.

Concavenator

avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum my experience is similar to yours. The Dilophosaurus/Chasmosaurus order only took 5 days to arrive from China to Spain.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not 100% sure but I think Lana either has a couple U.S. shipping sites or they ship a big order to the states then someone divides it up and ships them on.  I've received PNSO, HLG , ect models from Florida, Chicago, and California sometimes from my orders there.

dragon53

SenSx

I was waiting for some in hand view of the blue one before deciding.
Happy to see it looks really nice in reality, and the brown head fits better with the blue body compare to the promo pics.
But I need some render of the green version to be sure.

Prehistory Resurrection

thomasw100

The Dinos Dragons reviews are as always very helpful. I particularly like the science part. I always learn something new and I am pointed to interesting papers to read. In the case of the Mamenchisaurus, I liked the discussion of potential colors of sauropods and the constraints on possible colors. Of course we have no way of knowing beyond doubt if in the Mesozoic there could have been plants that produced pigments that could have been used by animals to develop more vivid colors, but then again the presence is the key to the past.

ceratopsian

On his science, note that in part 3 he corrected what he had said in part 2 about imbricated scales.

Very helpful reviews as always. The brown is so much more beautiful than I had imagined. But I also love the brilliance of the blue. My husband is saying why don't you get both!  (Space??)

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 07, 2024, 09:12:01 AMOn his science, note that in part 3 he corrected what he had said in part 2 about imbricated scales.

Very helpful reviews as always. The brown is so much more beautiful than I had imagined. But I also love the brilliance of the blue. My husband is saying why don't you get both!  (Space??)

Of course I am aware that Dinos Dragons is not a paleontologist, but I would say that the level at which he covers the scientific background of the models he reviews would be equal to that of a good science journalist.

I have ordered the brown because right away I liked the generally more simple yet subtle patterns of that version. The blue is nice, but I do not like these brownish blobs that appear somewhat randomly distributed.

Space is indeed becoming a problem. I think I will have to stay with one variant of each Haolonggood release. This year we may still see a Brachiosaurus and an Argentinosaurus, and we know we will get a Camarasaurus and an Amargasaurus, not the smallest of species.

And I ended up with two copies of the Alamosaurus. The first had some paint defects and after some discussion Lana Time Shop sent me a replacement copy and I could keep the other one. They were so kind to even include the base with the replacement copy. I then agreed to pay for the shipping of the replacement one. This one is perfect and I decided to send the one with paint defects to Dinosaur Models Artworks for a repaint.

So I will have a small herd of Alamosaurs to populate that huge base from Haolonggood that will come in late summer. Just need some high quality models of Cretaceous plants and trees to enhance that diorama.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 01, 2024, 12:06:11 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on April 30, 2024, 06:52:16 PMQuestion: Did anyone who ordered the Haolonggood Mamenchisaurus from Lana Time Shop get a shipping notice? They state on their website that the Mamenchi would ship by the end of April and usually Lana is pretty much spot on with their estimated shipping dates.

I didn't got a shipping notice either. I mailed them yesterday but don't got an answer till now.

My blue Mamenchi is on the way. So I guess my fellow dino-friends in Europe will get their copies soon.  :)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

ceratopsian

Absolutely agree with you T @thomasw100 on the quality of DinosDragons' care to present scientific evidence. I just wanted to check that people who watched 2 but not 3 were aware of his correction. (And I think highly of him for his care to make corrections if required. He is admirably diligent.)

thomasw100

The Euoplocephalus has arrived today. I got the orange variant. I have to say that I really like the orange color. It is not as vivid as some pictures suggest and also not as pale as some other pictures suggest. In natural light and to the eye it looks very natural, just perfect.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 08, 2024, 04:19:38 PMThe Euoplocephalus has arrived today. I got the orange variant. I have to say that I really like the orange color. It is not as vivid as some pictures suggest and also not as pale as some other pictures suggest. In natural light and to the eye it looks very natural, just perfect.

That's the version I bought too. He's a Halloween dino lol Stands out much more than the grey on my shelf.

Primeval12

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 08, 2024, 04:19:38 PMThe Euoplocephalus has arrived today. I got the orange variant. I have to say that I really like the orange color. It is not as vivid as some pictures suggest and also not as pale as some other pictures suggest. In natural light and to the eye it looks very natural, just perfect.

It's a masterpiece of a figure despite the inaccuracies. I shot with it last week and it's a beautiful subject!

thomasw100

Forgot to say that the Euoplocephalus gives me high hopes for the forthcoming Saichania and Gastonia.

Turkeysaurus

I was torn in between this mamenchisaurus & rebor's diplodocus. I had to choose rebor because it was cheaper when adding to shipping costs.

I know it's not popular here because of seam lines but detachable necks & tails would help a lot shipping prices to overseas. Also in some countries it won't pass through customs because of that.

Alamosaurus and their next titanosaur also unfortunately won't be available for me for these reasons. I was able to buy apatosaurus though. No complaints it's a great figure.

I'm waiting for styracosaurus & stegosaurus before make a decision on PNSO versions.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 12:17:05 AMI was torn in between this mamenchisaurus & rebor's diplodocus. I had to choose rebor because it was cheaper when adding to shipping costs.

I know it's not popular here because of seam lines but detachable necks & tails would help a lot shipping prices to overseas. Also in some countries it won't pass through customs because of that.

Alamosaurus and their next titanosaur also unfortunately won't be available for me for these reasons. I was able to buy apatosaurus though. No complaints it's a great figure.

I'm waiting for styracosaurus & stegosaurus before make a decision on PNSO versions.

I don't have seams in my pieces, I think it's just how hard to push them together.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2024, 12:47:13 AMI don't have seams in my pieces, I think it's just how hard to push them together.

Rebor will cost me around 100 euros. Mamenchisaurus is 115 euros. Not much difference. One is longer, other is taller. It was a tough decision but it looks like rebor a bit more high quality in close ups. (around face) Also i didn't think about Mamenchisaurus until Haolonggood made a great one. Diplodocus is a global superstar.  8)

Apatosaurus + Diplodocus + Griffatitan (Brachiosaurus) + one huge Titanosaur are my "must be" for sauropods. Others are optional.

If Haolongood Griffatitan/Brachiosaurus cannot be shipped to my country like Alamosaurus & Wdragon Griffatitan , i will be livid though. (until rebor makes one with detachable neck & tail) I'm grateful these companies make 1/35 sauropods even if i'm not able to get some of them.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 12:17:05 AMI was torn in between this mamenchisaurus & rebor's diplodocus. I had to choose rebor because it was cheaper when adding to shipping costs.

I am strongly opposing the view that large models should be made in several detachable parts resulting in clearly visible seamlines. This is just plain ugly and ruins any model. I can only discourage companies like Haolonggood to go down that path. It will very negatively impact the sales figures of such models.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: