News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator you're right, a small dinosaur with some small non-dinosaurs would be right up my alley!

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 08:19:07 PMCreatures from Permian Period.

Sauropods with Detachable tails & necks.

1/35 Shantungosaurus , Plateosaurus , Hatzegopteryx , Pseudosuchians.

Definitely with you on Permian stuff and pseudosuchians.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2024, 08:18:43 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 08:19:07 PMCreatures from Permian Period, Pseudosuchians.

Maybe there is no demand but did any brand try making top quality ones? No competition can be an advantage.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 11, 2024, 09:10:05 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 11, 2024, 08:18:43 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 09, 2024, 08:19:07 PMCreatures from Permian Period, Pseudosuchians.

Maybe there is no demand but did any brand try making top quality ones? No competition can be an advantage.

I mean, I think Safari and CollectA have made some great pseudosuchians and Permian animals, but they've barely scratched the surface of what's possible!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2024, 04:45:39 AMI mean, I think Safari and CollectA have made some great pseudosuchians and Permian animals, but they've barely scratched the surface of what's possible!
It would be great to see PNSO, Haolonggood, Rebor level details & paint though. Arizonasaurus by Bullyland is only one i have.  :))

Concavenator

So I was thinking... Velociraptor is easily one of the most famous dinosaurs. And of course it is much more popular than Plateosaurus. But for a company focused in 1:35 (or thereabouts) scale like HLG or PNSO, for the time being, I think a Plateosaurus would be more likely to happen than a Velociraptor! Just on a basis of animal size alone.

I mean, I know Plateosaurus is a "prosauropod" and that these are blatantly ignored by figure companies (PNSO's recent Lufengosaurus as I said is sort of a miracle), but I'm pretty confident if you asked these companies which one they'd rather make, Velociraptor or Plateosaurus (if forced to choose), they would answer Plateosaurus.

Halichoeres

Yeah, for those specific companies. But nearly every other company has made a Velociraptor (even if the wing feathers are a little off).

Primeval12

Quote from: Concavenator on May 13, 2024, 01:44:40 PMSo I was thinking... Velociraptor is easily one of the most famous dinosaurs. And of course it is much more popular than Plateosaurus. But for a company focused in 1:35 (or thereabouts) scale like HLG or PNSO, for the time being, I think a Plateosaurus would be more likely to happen than a Velociraptor! Just on a basis of animal size alone.

I mean, I know Plateosaurus is a "prosauropod" and that these are blatantly ignored by figure companies (PNSO's recent Lufengosaurus as I said is sort of a miracle), but I'm pretty confident if you asked these companies which one they'd rather make, Velociraptor or Plateosaurus (if forced to choose), they would answer Plateosaurus.

I'm DYING for a new Plateosaurus! I love the CollectA version that I have but an up-to-date one would be super nice!

Turkeysaurus

I wonder what is the size limit for Haolonggood or PNSO to make top quality feathered figure? 5 m Utahraptor would make 14.3 cm or 5.7 inches at 1/35 scale. 6 m is 17 cm or 6.8 inches.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 13, 2024, 10:54:23 PMI wonder what is the size limit for Haolonggood or PNSO to make top quality feathered figure? 5 m Utahraptor would make 14.3 cm or 5.7 inches at 1/35 scale. 6 m is 17 cm or 6.8 inches.

I think we will soon see something along these lines. Haolonggood has been slowly producing smaller species, with the Kosmoceratops being the smallest one so far. They have announced a Huayangosaurus for this year which would have about the same length, but would be even thinner than the Kosmoceratops. If this works out well, an Utahraptor or Austroraptor would seem quite possible.

Concavenator

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 14, 2024, 07:38:05 AMIf this works out well, an Utahraptor or Austroraptor would seem quite possible.

If they (or somebody else, for that matter) release an Austroraptor, that would be one of the most exciting releases I would have seen in a while. And it would also be the first non-articulated figure of an unenlagiine in the market, and thereby the first good figure of this iconic dromaeosaurid as well.

In addition, I hope the Huayangosaurus means the umpteenthly-requested Kentrosaurus will be coming at some point too. Size is no longer a problem, and Huayangosaurus is literally the proof.

Ludodactylus

Kentrosaurus and Plateosaurus would be nice. I'd also like a Tenontosaurus as long as I'm wishing.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Ludodactylus on May 16, 2024, 01:32:22 AMKentrosaurus and Plateosaurus would be nice. I'd also like a Tenontosaurus as long as I'm wishing.

A Tenontosaurus would be great! And a 1/35 scale Argentinosaurus, because I'm not sure if that is or isn't on their list right now.

Torvo

thomasw100

Quote from: Torvosaurus on May 16, 2024, 04:35:45 AM
Quote from: Ludodactylus on May 16, 2024, 01:32:22 AMKentrosaurus and Plateosaurus would be nice. I'd also like a Tenontosaurus as long as I'm wishing.

A Tenontosaurus would be great! And a 1/35 scale Argentinosaurus, because I'm not sure if that is or isn't on their list right now.

Torvo

They had a very large titanosaur in this teaser image with 4 large sauropods that they plan to release. So far Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus have been produced and the two other ones were interpreted to be Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus. In a recent message on the Haolonggood New for 2024 thread vampiredesign indicated that they still have plans to make these two, but possibly rather next year than this year. This seemed to not have been decided yet.

Torvosaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 16, 2024, 05:52:59 AM
Quote from: Torvosaurus on May 16, 2024, 04:35:45 AM

Torvo

They had a very large titanosaur in this teaser image with 4 large sauropods that they plan to release. So far Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus have been produced and the two other ones were interpreted to be Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus. In a recent message on the Haolonggood New for 2024 thread vampiredesign indicated that they still have plans to make these two, but possibly rather next year than this year. This seemed to not have been decided yet.

Next year would be good. I really, really, really exceeded my budget for hobbies this year, and it's not even June. I don't really want to explain to the Mrs. that I spent another $120+ for a dinosaur.

Torvo

Sim

If Haolonggood keeps making medium to large species only, I hope they will make:

1. Tuojiangosaurus

2. Plateosaurus

3. Herrerasaurus

4. Torvosaurus tanneri, based on the Elvis specimen.

5. Ceratosuchops and Riparovenator as repaints of the Haolonggood Baryonyx!

6. Austroraptor

7. Medusaceratops

8. Achelousaurus

9. Anchiceratops

I also hope to see a Haolonggood 2024 carnivorous dinosaur soon!

Ludodactylus

I'm really surprised at the scarcity of Achelousaurus and Anchiceratops figures.

Most of what I'd want to see is already in the pipeline, such as Saichania, Styracosaurus etc.

I guess I'd like to see Saurolophus, Kritosaurus, genera like that.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Sim

I hope Haolonggood spreads out their upcoming ceratopsids and theropods among their other dinosaurs dinosaurs, rather than release them one after the other...  I am eager to have a Haolonggood Saichania and Huayangosaurus though!

Elengassen

Quote from: Ludodactylus =msg=373610 date=1717683135I guess I'd like to see Saurolophus, Kritosaurus, genera like that.

Yes can we get a Saurolophus please  O:-)

Quote from: Sim on June 14, 2024, 08:36:08 PMI hope Haolonggood spreads out their upcoming ceratopsids and theropods among their other dinosaurs dinosaurs, rather than release them one after the other...  I am eager to have a Haolonggood Saichania and Huayangosaurus though!

I get the feeling Haolonggood have realised herbivores are their strength and are playing to that.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Elengassen on June 14, 2024, 08:50:07 PM
Quote from: Ludodactylus =msg=373610 date=1717683135I guess I'd like to see Saurolophus, Kritosaurus, genera like that.

Quote from: Sim on June 14, 2024, 08:36:08 PMI hope Haolonggood spreads out their upcoming ceratopsids and theropods among their other dinosaurs dinosaurs, rather than release them one after the other...  I am eager to have a Haolonggood Saichania and Huayangosaurus though!

I get the feeling Haolonggood have realised herbivores are their strength and are playing to that.
Quote from: Elengassen on June 14, 2024, 08:50:07 PM

Herbivores being their strength isn't a bad thing. Most carnivores are so similar within a clade, for example Charcarodontosauridae has Giganotosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Mapusaurus, Tyrannotitan and Meraxes, which all look more or less alike. The Tyrannosauridea isn't much different: Tyrannosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Daspletosaurus, and even Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus are all very similar. Ceratopsia, Stegosauria or even the Saropodomorpha, and other herbivorous clades, have much more to offer in the variety of body types and associated frills, spikes, bosses, etc. to make more interesting creatures to model.

Torvosaurus

Elengassen

T @Torvosaurus I agree it's a good thing they've been focusing on herbivores, as that way we could keep getting herbivores while PNSO were in their theropods-only phase. I wouldn't mind if PNSO focuses more on theropods and HLG on the rest, as PNSO's theropods are in my opinion by far the best of any company. (As long as they don't go back to liplessness  ::) )
Good point about morphological diversity, although for me this matters much less than genus diversity. To be fair most theropods share the same basic body plan  ;D
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: