News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Bread, January 04, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Ya, the Tyrannotitan is GORGEOUS! I may get it on Prime day if the discount is attractive enough

Turkeysaurus

I got it. It has high neural spines compared to Mapu, giga , meraxes. Yellow-ish colored part of it's back.

crazy8wizard

At first I wasn't too interested in the Tyrannotitan but after seeing more in hand photos of it, it is quickly becoming my favorite of the 6 PNSO Carcharodontosaurs

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: crazy8wizard on July 05, 2024, 08:40:03 PMAt first I wasn't too interested in the Tyrannotitan but after seeing more in hand photos of it, it is quickly becoming my favorite of the 6 PNSO Carcharodontosaurs

For some reason i thought brown was main color and purple was secondary but nope. It's more purple than brown. Also i like once you look at details of it's anatomy there is enough difference. It's more rigid animal with higher back. Yet it can easily be Giganotosaurus substitute. (For me it is.. maybe until Rebor or HGL's make their own )

crazy8wizard

The Rebor Giganotosaurus is really spectacular from what we've seen of it but I do agree that this would make a good Giganotosaurus stand in

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: crazy8wizard on July 05, 2024, 09:44:24 PMThe Rebor Giganotosaurus is really spectacular from what we've seen of it but I do agree that this would make a good Giganotosaurus stand in

It's size probably will be 1/30 despite it's says 1/35 just like their tyrannosaurus, diplodocus , triceratops etc.

Halichoeres

The Tyrannotitan is undeniably attractive, but it's a silly taxon to make and I won't buy it because I think any sale of it makes the dinosaur market a little bit more monotonous.

Very happy with my Lufengosaurus, though. Hope they make more like that, animals that actually fill in gaps in their coverage of prehistory.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Afrovenator

(Image source)

(Image source)

(Image source)
A = Dubreillosaurus
B = Torvosaurus, pre-Elvis
C = Afrovenator
D = Megalosaurus
E = Eustreptospondylus

Halichoeres

I'd buy an Afrovenator, if for no other reason than the CollectA one is from their bad old days.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

I think I've worked out why abelisaurids are neglected.  They tend to be not very large animals, and except for Carnotaurus, they're not very popular and look kinda boring.  However, I think PNSO will get to ceratosaurians again and I think we'll see figures of species out of the following: Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Abelisaurus, Indosuchus, Rajasaurus, Majungasaurus, Ekrixinatosaurus...  Are people here more interested in Ceratosaurus or Carnotaurus, or other abelisaurids, from PNSO?

Zephyr2007

Would love to see a new PNSO Ceratosaurus in 1:35! And a redone Carnotaurus.

Majungasaurus would make a great model. Most of these would be quite small for 1:35, but I would love to see some size and morphological diversity on the smaller end of the scale.

Carlos

Sim

On the subject of being small, I no longer think PNSO will make a Sinosaurus.  I think PNSO wants to stick to 1:35 scale as much as possible and Sinosaurus and Dilophosaurus would be too small for them at that scale.  I do like having figures in the same scale, but I also like having figures of smaller animals, so I have mixed feelings about lines sticking to 1:35 scale or larger animals only.  It feels like on Facebook people can be quite agressive about wanting prehistoric animal figures in 1:35.  I hope that doesn't stop companies making smaller animals too much...

Turkeysaurus

If Wiki measurements are true they wouldn't be too small. Dilophosaurus would make 20 cm , Sinosaurus 15-16 cm toys. They already have nanotyrannus model at 17 cm. They can make 1/35 of both if they want to.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 22, 2024, 05:53:54 AMIf Wiki measurements are true they wouldn't be too small. Dilophosaurus would make 20 cm , Sinosaurus 15-16 cm toys. They already have nanotyrannus model at 17 cm. They can make 1/35 of both if they want to.
Brother I agree, but remember the pachycephalosaurus' price tag ;D  ;D  ;D
Imagine what they can do with the Dilophosaurus.
Personally, I would like to see them do what HLG did and release a pair. It would be interesting, open up new possibilities, and HLG proved that it can work.
I know many will say its copying, but I dont see that problem

Sim

I think Dilophosaurus and Sinosaurus would be too small for PNSO to make in 1:35.  They are both more slender than the Nanotyrannus and I don't think PNSO will make 1:35 figures of animals whith mass that low.

On a different note, I think we're due another nodosaurid from PNSO.  The only two they've made are the Sauropelta and Borealopelta from years ago, prior to their newer finer detail.  Perhaps Edmontonia, Denversaurus or Polacanthus?

SRF

PNSO didn't stick to 1:35 scale for their Lythronax, Qianzhousaurus, Pachycephalosaurus and if I'm not mistaken their "Nanotyrannus" as well. Most PNSO figures are in the 1:30 to 1:33 scale anyway, but said figures are more in the 1:25 range.

Maybe these smaller figures didn't sell as well as the larger ones do? That could be a possible reason for PNSO to not make smaller species. I do think the larger figures give more value for money overall, but I would love a Dilophosaurus from PNSO. More Abelisaurids are also very welcome, including a new Carnotaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

Sim

It's a relevant point that PNSO has made some figures at a larger scale than 1:35.  Their Tuojiangosaurus and Carnotaurus are two others at larger than 1:35.  If PNSO can make smaller species larger larger than 1:35 I wonder why they're mostly sticking to the same types of animals and not making others?

I see a lot of requests for a new Carnotaurus, I can see PNSO making it.  PNSO has also been making a number of species that were originally mini figures by them, as I said previously I can envision PNSO making some abelisaurids.  Ceratosaurus too, they've been remaking the species that were originally large vinyl models and there's been a lot of requests for Ceratosaurus.

Turkeysaurus

A New Amargasaurus (Since new Haolonggood doesn't have latest look for Amargasaurus)

Other mid size sauropods at 1/35 as well.

Halichoeres

I wouldn't mind an abelisaurid or two, but not Carnotaurus specifically, there's more than plenty of those.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 01, 2024, 08:33:42 PMI wouldn't mind an abelisaurid or two, but not Carnotaurus specifically, there's more than plenty of those.

All good and to be fair even PNSO Carnotaurus lacks new PNSO quality now. I don't mind a new version.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: