News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

That even surpasses the Lambeosaurus ...
A good thing I got all three of mine way back ...
and to think I was too cheap for 10-15$ to get a proper herd ...

SidB

I'm glad that I got one "back when" - that sure wouldn't happen now.

BlueKrono

I bought Anthony Beeson's one year ago this week for £55... plus £23 shipping from the UK, for a total of £78 or ~$101. I also bought the Cherilea version and had them shipped together, so maybe divide the shipping cost in half? I just had to Buy It Now as these come up for sale so infrequently, and I'm glad I did. The executor of Beeson's estate got a fair price at the time, but the price on this thing seems to be going up.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

dyno77

Its a shame Antony bessen is gone,he used to write articles in the prehistoric times magazine about the history of british dinosaur models and was the only expert that seemed to know a lot about the history of dinosaur figures in the uk and there production..its a major loss since there really isnt any other expert that covers multiple decades on the production and history of model dinosaurs in the uk..everything dinosaur team wouldn't have been around long enough to know either..

Most of these other dinosaur model experts such as Randy Knol and donald glut ,a veteran collector and dinosaur expert, are american based and iv never heard them mention the history of uk dinosaur models..sure Randy knol website mentions the history of each major company but that only covers so much as it pertains to the history of uk dinosaur models...

SidB

It really is important to connect in a meaningful way with such significant individuals now, as possible, so the heritage of the past can remain alive.

BlueKrono

avatar_dyno77 @dyno77 Yes, this post was made when he passed: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10222.msg320384#msg320384

I would very much like to connect with Donald Glut. I feel like we'd have a lot to talk about.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Not your usual figure, but check this out:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/387163538314

Of course as usual prices vary depending on your region.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

It's probably irrational, but the idea of a secondhand plush toy kinda grosses me out.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 15, 2024, 05:29:49 PMIt's probably irrational, but the idea of a secondhand plush toy kinda grosses me out.

I don't think it's irrational at all. I know what my kids did to their plush toys, and it was not pretty, and they didn't even realize what they were doing...

Torvo

Halichoeres

Quote from: Torvosaurus on July 15, 2024, 08:04:16 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 15, 2024, 05:29:49 PMIt's probably irrational, but the idea of a secondhand plush toy kinda grosses me out.

I don't think it's irrational at all. I know what my kids did to their plush toys, and it was not pretty, and they didn't even realize what they were doing...

Torvo

Haha thank you for the confirmation. I don't have kids but I think I was one once and that was surely no better!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio I didn't think I'd see the dimetrodon going for so much. In my opinion, it holds up pretty well for a figure from the early 90's and is easily the best dimetrodon that fits into 1/40 scale. What's interesting though is I got my Battat Maiasaura from Joe this week for only $60. I guess it all depends on who's bidding.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 16, 2024, 03:05:46 PM
Quote from: Torvosaurus on July 15, 2024, 08:04:16 PM

Torvo

Haha thank you for the confirmation. I don't have kids but I think I was one once and that was surely no better!

I'm sure I was no better as a kid myself, lol.

Torvo

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.