News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I've been saying that Gallimimus "basically" has no figures.  And that's true.  I don't get why people are making it seem like Gallimimus shouldn't get a good figure when its only figures are highly inaccurate (featherless) or trash.  It doesn't matter if it has figures if they're all worthless.  It's in as much a need of a good figure as the ornithomimosaurs that don't have any figure.

Turkeysaurus

Weird since they in one of the most memorable scene in Jurassic Park.They can act too. 

Sim

Well, now that Safari is making a Megalosaurus and not Torvosaurus, Haolonggood is my only hope for an accurate Torvosaurus figure based on the Elvis specimen.  I really hope Haolonggood makes a Torvosaurus!

(Image source)

Turkeysaurus

Fixed/Upgraded Maiasauria & Amargasaurus...

thomasw100

This would be my Haolonggood sauropod / sauropodomorph top ten wishlist:

1. Brachiosaurus (possibly in preparation)
2. Argentinosaurus (possibly in preparation)
3. Diplodocus
4. Omeisaurus
5. Cetiosaurus
6. Barosaurus
7. Patagotitan
8. Barapasaurus
9. Vulcanodon
10. Kaatedocus

This would complete the most iconic sauropods (I count here 7 genera, which are Alamosaurus, Apatosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Mamenchisaurus), complete the sauropods of the Morrison Formation and fill in members of some important clades in the evolution of sauropods and their ancestors.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 31, 2024, 03:40:21 PMFixed/Upgraded Maiasauria & Amargasaurus...

Updated Dicraeosaurus would be nice, with current level of sculpt and paint design.

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 17, 2024, 01:26:40 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 31, 2024, 03:40:21 PMFixed/Upgraded Maiasauria & Amargasaurus...

Updated Dicraeosaurus would be nice, with current level of sculpt and paint design.

Seconded. Not sure if there's enough market demand for a remake, but I do have my fingers crossed.

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 17, 2024, 09:59:37 AMThis would be my Haolonggood sauropod / sauropodomorph top ten wishlist:

1. Brachiosaurus (possibly in preparation)
2. Argentinosaurus (possibly in preparation)
3. Diplodocus
4. Omeisaurus
5. Cetiosaurus
6. Barosaurus
7. Patagotitan
8. Barapasaurus
9. Vulcanodon
10. Kaatedocus

This would complete the most iconic sauropods (I count here 7 genera, which are Alamosaurus, Apatosaurus, Argentinosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Mamenchisaurus), complete the sauropods of the Morrison Formation and fill in members of some important clades in the evolution of sauropods and their ancestors.
Amargasaurus is among the most iconic sauropods too, I think it's also more iconic than Alamosaurus.  I would be interested in a Barosaurus figure, I think it would be very interesting...

SenSx

I probably alwready posted my list haha, but I'll do it again with the updated one:

- Brachiosauurs (although I don't know if I will replace my W-Dragon Giraffatitan, but I want to see what Haolonggood will propose)

I would like them to release the remaining Ornithopods:

- Iguanodon (iconic, Collecta is nice but could be better)
- Corythosaurus (I feel the PNSO might has issues, like the big head and not enough bulky body, but I need to check that before)
- Shantungosaurus: not a big fan of the PNSO, the pose is is super weird, and the paint job is really bad.

And that's it for me.
I have given up on mass market companies to make smaller species, so I have found other ways to get those figures.
Giant pterosaurs would be cool, but I think Haolonggod will make them oversized, like they did with the Quetzalcoatlus, so I'll find them elswhere as well.

Concavenator

avatar_SenSx @SenSx I'm in for a Haolonggood Iguanodon too!

When it comes to sauropods, in addition to Shunosaurus, another sauropod I would be interested in seeing from Haolonggood is Turiasaurus.

crazy8wizard

I would love to see a Turiasaurus!

suspsy

I'd really like to see Haolong Good tackle some lesser known tyrannosaurs in the future. Bistahieversor, Dynamoterror, and Teratophoneus would be great as there's no 1/35 scale toys of any of them presently available.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

The newly-described ceratopsid Lokiceratops looks so impressive. It would make for a fantastic choice, considering it has good remains, its distinctiveness and that it's hot off the press. It also was among the largest Centrosaurinae, so it would make for an interesting contrast with their Diabloceratops (and presumably their upcoming Styracosaurus and Einiosaurus as well, and their other 1:35 ceratopsids for that matter). It's also an Albertaceratopsini. As many ceratopsids as HLG have produced already, they don't have a member of this clade currently present in their portfolio.

Lokiceratops by Sergey Krasovskiy.

Lokiceratops by Fabrizio Lavezzi.

Lokiceratops by Ddinodan.

Lokiceratops skeletal from Loewen et al. 2024.

Also updated my species' selection in the first post. Removed small species from the list, since HLG currently hasn't shown any interest in making them. If that changes (fingers crossed), I'll include them again.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on August 30, 2024, 03:05:45 PMThe newly-described ceratopsid Lokiceratops looks so impressive. It would make for a fantastic choice, considering it has good remains, its distinctiveness and that it's hot off the press. It also was among the largest Centrosaurinae, so it would make for an interesting contrast with their Diabloceratops (and presumably their upcoming Styracosaurus and Einiosaurus as well, and their other 1:35 ceratopsids for that matter). It's also an Albertaceratopsini. As many ceratopsids as HLG have produced already, they don't have a member of this clade currently present in their portfolio.

I fully agree with this, it would be a very good choice. I would think for most collectors this would be an instant buy.

There is no figure of this as of yet, only a 3D printed resin model by Paleokhris which you can see here:
https://www.instagram.com/paleokhrisgallery/p/C_RJ85yvBP7/?hl=de&img_index=1

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.