News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks awesome, I like spikey dinos lol  Hopefully it pairs with the HLG well. Jaw line is a bit distracting, that's one of the first things I noticed.

Pinbacker

I really like this one and the HLG Camarsaurus equally. They are both beautiful renditions of Camarasaurus. HLG also showed us months ago that Camarsaurus was in the docket, so unless they knew when PNSO was planning to release their version, I'd say this was just a happy accident.

bmathison1972

Very nice. I also like this one more than HLG, but either way I'll be sticking with Safari. Nice to see another non-theropod by PNSO!

Sim

It looks extremely good, but man, I find Camarasaurus and Edmontosaurus the most uninteresting dinosaurs and Haolonggood and PNSO have released both this year.  It's boring to me...  With Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus on the horizon it looks like PNSO won't be releasing something I like soon...

suspsy

I would say this is the best Camarasaurus toy yet. I especially like that its teeth are showing.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thomasw100

We are getting already the first negative comments on social media that the PNSO model would be too small, it would not be 1:35 scale. This is the same old problem again that some people do not understand the difference between horizontal length and length through the centra (sometimes also referred to as curve length).

I have just briefly measured the length through the centra on the release images and I arrive at about 46 cm not even accounting for the sidewards curvature of the tail which I cannot determine from the image. For an individual of 16 meters, the 46 cm would be exactly 1:35. On my Haolonggood I measured something like 47 cm maybe even 48 cm through the centra. They are both fairly close.

Jose S.M.

It sure looks impressive! Love the body, not the face. It looks a bit to gnarly to me, I'm not a fan of highlighted inflated sacks, I know that's very much into the possibilities for integument bit it just isn't what I like to look at in a figure. It reminds me a bit of the sauropods in Primal (the healthy ones).

Elengassen

Always the same isn't it, you wait ages for a Camarasaurus and then two come along at once...  ::)

Looks good, might get this instead of the HLG, but I'll wait for video reviews before deciding.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Stegotyranno420

All things considered, safaris is still my favorite.
(price and generally, but sculptwise pnso wins)

Gwangi

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 24, 2024, 05:56:47 PMIt sure looks impressive! Love the body, not the face. It looks a bit to gnarly to me, I'm not a fan of highlighted inflated sacks, I know that's very much into the possibilities for integument bit it just isn't what I like to look at in a figure. It reminds me a bit of the sauropods in Primal (the healthy ones).

But have you seen the skull of Camarasaurus? It's a Lovecraftian nightmare! PNSO's looks gnarly, and I personally love gnarly sauropods.

Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2024, 04:59:38 PMIt looks extremely good, but man, I find Camarasaurus and Edmontosaurus the most uninteresting dinosaurs and Haolonggood and PNSO have released both this year.  It's boring to me...  With Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus on the horizon it looks like PNSO won't be releasing something I like soon...

Those are fighting words, friend. Edmontosaurus...one of the largest ornithopods. Camarasaurus...the strongest bite force of any sauropod. These are not uninteresting animals. Mosasaurus? A big wet lizard. Pfffft. We have lizards here now that are more interesting.  >:D

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on August 24, 2024, 07:49:18 PMThose are fighting words, friend. Edmontosaurus...one of the largest ornithopods. Camarasaurus...the strongest bite force of any sauropod. These are not uninteresting animals. Mosasaurus? A big wet lizard. Pfffft. We have lizards here now that are more interesting.  >:D

Haha!  You are right about Edmontosaurus and Camarasaurus, I just don't find them interesting though, for some reason.  I don't find Mosasaurus very interesting, but I will give credit where it's due with regards to Mosasaurus having a skull capable of powerful bites, and being a giant!

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2024, 07:57:37 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 24, 2024, 07:49:18 PMThose are fighting words, friend. Edmontosaurus...one of the largest ornithopods. Camarasaurus...the strongest bite force of any sauropod. These are not uninteresting animals. Mosasaurus? A big wet lizard. Pfffft. We have lizards here now that are more interesting.  >:D

Haha!  You are right about Edmontosaurus and Camarasaurus, I just don't find them interesting though, for some reason.  I don't find Mosasaurus very interesting, but I will give credit where it's due with regards to Mosasaurus having a skull capable of powerful bites, and being a giant!

I don't actually find Mosasaurus uninteresting, I was being cheeky. There are no animals that I find uninteresting. Some interest me more than others, but none of them are boring. Camarasaurus is my favorite sauropod and I have a lot of love for Edmontosaurus too, so I'm ready to defend them!

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2024, 04:59:38 PMIt looks extremely good, but man, I find Camarasaurus and Edmontosaurus the most uninteresting dinosaurs and Haolonggood and PNSO have released both this year.  It's boring to me...  With Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus on the horizon it looks like PNSO won't be releasing something I like soon...

How you know that PNSO will release Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus any time soon? Just unsupported rumors from social media, which are as good as the fake PNSO release schedule for this year that circulated some months ago.

Sim

I don't think it's as good as the fake PNSO list.  The latter was actually made-up, but with these others there's something to back them up.  They may not come soon, you're right about that, but I have no doubt they are coming.  It's a good thing though if PNSO makes things I don't want, as I'm running out of space for the PNSO boxes!

Joel1905

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 08:16:28 PM

How you know that PNSO will release Mosasaurus, Ichthyovenator and a lipped Tyrannosaurus any time soon? Just unsupported rumors from social media, which are as good as the fake PNSO release schedule for this year that circulated some months ago.

In regards to the Tyrannosaurus, PNSO themselves have posted digital sculpts of a lipped Tyrannosaurus. The Mosasaurus & Icthyovenator were mentioned by Paleofiguras who is very reliable when it comes to rumours.

Turkeysaurus

Cold War between PNSO & Haolonggood turned into Bone Wars?

Same time, same Dinosaur.

It seems PNSO bodied  Haolongood with this one. I have reported PNSO to instagram for bullying.

Turkeysaurus

Hows the scale 1/35 or 1/40?

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 24, 2024, 08:30:23 PMHows the sclae 1/35 or 1/40?

I measured the length through the centra from the release images and arrived at about 46 cm, which would perfectly fit to the 16 m size estimate from Molina-Perez and Larramendi. The PNSO has a steeper neck angle and a more curved tail than the Haolonggood one.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 24, 2024, 08:30:23 PMHows the sclae 1/35 or 1/40?

I measured the length through the centra from the release images and arrived at about 46 cm, which would perfectly fit to the 16 m size estimate from Molina-Perez and Larramendi. The PNSO has a steeper neck angle and a more curved tail than the Haolonggood one.

What do you think both HLG & even PNSO releasing back to back 1/35 Camarasaurus just a week after I got screwed by customs?

Also how you measure lenght through the centra from pics..whats this sorcery?!

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 24, 2024, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 08:36:55 PM

What do you think both HLG & even PNSO releasing back to back 1/35 Camarasaurus just a week after I got screwed by customs?

Also how you measure lenght through the centra from pics..whats this sorcery?!

How do I measure length through the centra from images? I mark a few points on the image where the curvature changes and then I measure the distance between these points with a ruler, starting from the end of the tail and ending at the tip of the snut. This is summed up into an estimate of the length through the centra, in the scale of the image. Fortunately we have a scale bar in the image. This I do also measure with the ruler. Then what is left is to calculate the true length through the centra using the rule of three. The result is a minimum estimate of the true length through the centra. It does not account for smaller curvatures and also not for any curvature outside of the plane of the image, i.e. in the third dimension.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: