News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Also eager to see the Styracosaurus but I feel fairly certain that Battat's will remain my favorite!  ^-^

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on August 26, 2024, 01:57:55 AMAlso eager to see the Styracosaurus but I feel fairly certain that Battat's will remain my favorite!  ^-^
It doesn't hurt the Battat that it has history and a certain collector's mystique about as part of the semi-legendary line itself. I have several Styracosaurs, including the PNSO (a terrific sculpt), but the Battat will always remain a favorite with me.

SidB

Quote from: Gigantospinotyrannus on August 24, 2024, 02:17:22 PMThe price of the Alamosaurus on Aliexpress just increased by more than 20 USD 😭 I was initially considering buying it but now... hopefully the prices of the future Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus are reasonable enough
Who can say for certain what the future will bring, but I'm becoming quite doubtful that those big two will be within easy reach for many, many people. I'll likely go for the Argentinosaurus regardless, but it looks that I might get my Papo Brachiosaurus modified yet more extensively.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on August 26, 2024, 12:38:16 PMWho can say for certain what the future will bring, but I'm becoming quite doubtful that those big two will be within easy reach for many, many people. I'll likely go for the Argentinosaurus regardless, but it looks that I might get my Papo Brachiosaurus modified yet more extensively.

This is a valid concern of course. But one has to compare the price of these large sauropod models from Haolonggood with the other (very limited) available options on the market. Both the Nanmu Brachiosaurus and W-Dragon Giraffatitan cost well over 100 USD and the Rebor Diplodocus costs 115 USD. They are all not as massive as the Haolonggood Alamosaurus for example. The quality of the sculpt and paint application of the Haolonggood figures in my view also better than what the Nanmu and Rebor figures offer. Resin models are much more expensive and cost at least 400 to 500 USD for a large sauropod in 1:35 scale, sometimes much more. Therefore, I find the Haolonggood prices quite OK given the size and quality of these figures.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 29, 2024, 12:12:01 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 26, 2024, 12:38:16 PMWho can say for certain what the future will bring, but I'm becoming quite doubtful that those big two will be within easy reach for many, many people. I'll likely go for the Argentinosaurus regardless, but it looks that I might get my Papo Brachiosaurus modified yet more extensively.

This is a valid concern of course. But one has to compare the price of these large sauropod models from Haolonggood with the other (very limited) available options on the market. Both the Nanmu Brachiosaurus and W-Dragon Giraffatitan cost well over 100 USD and the Rebor Diplodocus costs 115 USD. They are all not as massive as the Haolonggood Alamosaurus for example. The quality of the sculpt and paint application of the Haolonggood figures in my view also better than what the Nanmu and Rebor figures offer. Resin models are much more expensive and cost at least 400 to 500 USD for a large sauropod in 1:35 scale, sometimes much more. Therefore, I find the Haolonggood prices quite OK given the size and quality of these figures.
I quite agree with all of your points, it's just that even the much more modest pricing is a bit much what with currency exchange and shipping costs. No faulting HLG, it's just that I have to pick and choose what I can afford, so the Argentinosaurus will likely be that selection for me. I'm glad for those who can manage to pay for the full range of these offerings, past, present and future. All the more power to them. I can enjoy the figures vicariously through the wonderful shared images on the DTFand DTB.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on August 29, 2024, 12:30:56 PMI quite agree with all of your points, it's just that even the much more modest pricing is a bit much what with currency exchange and shipping costs. No faulting HLG, it's just that I have to pick and choose what I can afford, so the Argentinosaurus will likely be that selection for me. I'm glad for those who can manage to pay for the full range of these offerings, past, present and future. All the more power to them. I can enjoy the figures vicariously through the wonderful shared images on the DTFand DTB.

In a way the fact that now two major companies (i.e. PNSO and Haolonggood) produce a large portfolio of high quality models is a blessing and a curse so to speak. Taken together, these two companies produce something like 30-40 figures per year which will exceed the budget and available space of most collectors. There are two ways of dealing with this situation. You either restrict yourself to just some of the figures that you like most or you restrict yourself to certain groups of dinosaurs or a certain geological time or something like that. The latter is what I have opted to do. I essentially collect only herbivores with very few exceptions.

Turkeysaurus

I don't have money problems since most major stores stopped sending anything above 30 Euro to Turkey.

My beloved government protects me from developing harmful buying habits.  C:-)

This is how long time dino toy collectors end up looking :

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 29, 2024, 08:39:08 PMI don't have money problems since most major stores stopped sending anything above 30 Euro to Turkey.

But how does this work with the companies in Turkey that manufacture products using machinery. They need spare parts and stuff like this. They need to get this or they have to stop producing. Are companies exempt from these regulations?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 29, 2024, 08:39:08 PMI don't have money problems since most major stores stopped sending anything above 30 Euro to Turkey.

This is how long time dino toy collectors end up looking :

I honestly rather hoped I would end up like Gary Owens :

Once as a kid I was convinced I was developing scales..turns out it was dry skin..but I was VERY excited for about an hour.  ;D

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 29, 2024, 09:06:37 PM

But how does this work with the companies in Turkey that manufacture products using machinery. They need spare parts and stuff like this. They need to get this or they have to stop producing. Are companies exempt from these regulations?

Businesses can import but with heavy taxes & lots of papers. So they don't even import many things and they sell imported things multiple times more expensive since nobody can order from abroad.

Regular people still considered as a business if we order above 30 Euros. We must hire an official to get the product. Though we must pay for official and so many times more than actual price so it's better to leave it.

Amazon , aliexpress stop selling anything above 30 Euro because customers want to send back  and get payback once their orders are stuck at customs. Nike.com closed their online shop to Turkey. Volvo stopped importing their sedan cars because of heavy taxes.

Bad thing is like you said many parts won't be available for people who need them for their work.

Biggest reason for these regulations, big Turkish companies don't want people to order products from outside so they can sell some of the same products many more times expensive.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2024, 09:36:24 PMOnce as a kid I was convinced I was developing scales..turns out it was dry skin..but I was VERY excited for about an hour.  ;D

I understand, i used to try to walk and move like a velociraptor from Jurassic Park. It must be awkward for my sister to watch his little brother without any context.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 29, 2024, 10:31:45 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 29, 2024, 09:36:24 PMOnce as a kid I was convinced I was developing scales..turns out it was dry skin..but I was VERY excited for about an hour.  ;D

I understand, i used to try to walk and move like a velociraptor from Jurassic Park. It must be awkward for my sister to watch his little brother without any context.

Oh yeah I had the head bob and the screech down lol I'm sure I looked like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes when he does the same.  :))

Flaffy

Jim Kirkland on the HLG Gastonia:

"Gastonia burgei from @Haolonggood needs a stranger sacral shield with lateral plates, more closely spaced lateral caudal plates and progressively longer cervical spines, but otherwise pretty nice."

"You should check in with researchers who work on these beasts...We are a pretty friendly bunch and want to see our babies portrayed as accurately as possible."

V @vampiredesign

crazy8wizard

This diagram makes me hopeful we see a Gargoyleosaurus or Mymoorapelta from somebody soon.

thomasw100

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 31, 2024, 03:55:53 AMThis diagram makes me hopeful we see a Gargoyleosaurus or Mymoorapelta from somebody soon.

I would be very happy to be able to add one of these to my Morrison line up as well. But I have not high hopes, because they are so small, about 3 meters, so probably out of the range that seems currently feasible for Haolonggood. Maybe someone like Paleokhris could consider making them. He has some fairly small genera like Stegouros in his portfolio, so this appears a possibility.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 31, 2024, 07:12:15 AM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 31, 2024, 03:55:53 AMThis diagram makes me hopeful we see a Gargoyleosaurus or Mymoorapelta from somebody soon.

I would be very happy to be able to add one of these to my Morrison line up as well. But I have not high hopes, because they are so small, about 3 meters, so probably out of the range that seems currently feasible for Haolonggood. Maybe someone like Paleokhris could consider making them. He has some fairly small genera like Stegouros in his portfolio, so this appears a possibility.

I keep forgetting about Haolonggood's strict regulation to a specific scale. Kind of annoying to me, but I can get why people appreciate it.

Flaffy

Interestingly, the CollectA Gastonia has lateral spikes on the sacral shield. Not the same size or shape as the diagram though.

Sim

The CollectA Gastonia has lovely colouration and good detail... except for its atrocious head!  It's so bad.  Schleich's Gastonia also has spikes besides the pelvic shield, but doesn't match that diagram in other ways.  I'm still satisfied with Haolonggood's Gastonia, the armour of Gastonia was found disarticulated, I'm content with what these figures show in that regard.

thomasw100

Kind of surprising that we did not get a new release for almost 4 weeks now. This year we got 12 figures so far and according to the catalog there should be 5 more coming, bringing this to a total of 17. Last year Haolonggod released 20 figures. Hopefully they still have a few surprises until the year ends. I kind of doubt that they will release 30 figures in 2024 as was announced at some point, but around 20 would be great.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 01, 2024, 07:39:40 PMKind of surprising that we did not get a new release for almost 4 weeks now. This year we got 12 figures so far and according to the catalog there should be 5 more coming, bringing this to a total of 17. Last year Haolonggod released 20 figures. Hopefully they still have a few surprises until the year ends. I kind of doubt that they will release 30 figures in 2024 as was announced at some point, but around 20 would be great.
maybe pnso's camara scared them

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: