News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Never liked the idea Dinosaurs on modern world.. Limited sources is a must need if you want to make Dinosaurs look like a threat.

Dinosaur movies should be more Cujo , less Kaiju.

HD-man

"JURASSIC WORLD 4 Wraps Malta Filming! FIRST LOOK at on set vehicles + CAST talk DAVID KOEPP's SCRIPT":
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

HD-man

"Béchir Sylvain Joins JURASSIC WORLD 4 CAST + Jurassic Park Jeep at Sky Studios Elstree":

Prehistory Resurrection

The logo for the new Jurassic World film; Jurassic World: Rebirth as well as the plot have been revealed:

Synopsis of the film:
Five years after the events of Jurassic World Dominion, the planet's ecology has proven largely inhospitable to dinosaurs. Those remaining exist in isolated equatorial environments with climates resembling the one in which they once thrived. The three most colossal creatures within that tropical biosphere hold the key to a drug that will bring miraculous life-saving benefits to humankind.

Academy Award® nominee Johansson plays skilled covert operations expert Zora Bennett, contracted to lead a skilled team on a top-secret mission to secure genetic material from the world's three most massive dinosaurs. When Zora's operation intersects with a civilian family whose boating expedition was capsized by marauding aquatic dinos, they all find themselves stranded on an island where they come face-to-face with a sinister, shocking discovery that's been hidden from the world for decades.

blnadal

Next summer, three years after the Jurassic World trilogy concluded with each film surpassing $1 billion at the global box office, the enduring Jurassic series evolves in an ingenious new direction with Jurassic World Rebirth.

Anchored by iconic action superstar Scarlett Johansson, breakthrough talent Jonathan Bailey and two-time Oscar® winner Mahershala Ali, this action-packed new chapter sees an intrepid team racing to secure DNA samples from the three most colossal creatures across land, sea and air. Also starring acclaimed international stars Rupert Friend and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, the film is directed by dynamic visualist Gareth Edwards (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) from a script by original Jurassic Park screenwriter David Koepp.

Five years after the events of Jurassic World Dominion, the planet's ecology has proven largely inhospitable to dinosaurs. Those remaining exist in isolated equatorial environments with climates resembling the one in which they once thrived. The three most colossal creatures within that tropical biosphere hold the key to a drug that will bring miraculous life-saving benefits to humankind.

Academy Award® nominee Johansson plays skilled covert operations expert Zora Bennett, contracted to lead a skilled team on a top-secret mission to secure genetic material from the world's three most massive dinosaurs. When Zora's operation intersects with a civilian family whose boating expedition was capsized by marauding aquatic dinos, they all find themselves stranded on an island where they come face-to-face with a sinister, shocking discovery that's been hidden from the world for decades.

Ali is Duncan Kincaid, Zora's most trusted team leader; Emmy nominee and Olivier Award winner Jonathan Bailey (Wicked, Bridgerton) plays paleontologist Dr. Henry Loomis; Emmy nominee Rupert Friend (Homeland, Obi-Wan Kenobi) appears as Big Pharma representative Martin Krebs and Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (The Lincoln Lawyer, Murder on the Orient Express) plays Reuben Delgado, the father of the shipwrecked civilian family.

The cast includes Luna Blaise (Manifest), David Iacono (The Summer I Turned Pretty) and Audrina Miranda (Lopez vs. Lopez) as Reuben's family. The film also features, as members of Zora and Krebs' crews, Philippine Velge (Station Eleven), Bechir Sylvain (BMF) and Ed Skrein (Deadpool).

Jurassic World Rebirth is directed by BAFTA winner Edwards from a script by Koepp (War of the Worlds), based on characters created by Michael Crichton. The film is produced by Oscar® nominee Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley, both longtime Jurassic franchise producers and of this summer's blockbuster, Twisters. The film is executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Denis L. Stewart and Jim Spencer.

Carnoking

Sounds interesting but I'm disappointed to hear that they're more or less doing a factory reset with dinosaurs being an isolated issue once again. Dominion wasted the potential of dinosaurs in our world and now it sounds like this story isn't going to be doing any course correcting on that missed opportunity.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on August 29, 2024, 07:12:31 PMSounds interesting but I'm disappointed to hear that they're more or less doing a factory reset with dinosaurs being an isolated issue once again. Dominion wasted the potential of dinosaurs in our world and now it sounds like this story isn't going to be doing any course correcting on that missed opportunity.

Exactly how I feel.

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah I feel I'd rather have a smaller scale story that's a bit in the vein of the "weird birds" trend on Twitter last year (basically urban horror with dinosaurs and co) or something exploring the whole "hey dinosaurs are now everywhere" instead of doing yet another "the dinosaurs are in a remote tropical location and we gotta survive".
Aquatic dinos could mean a return of Spinosaurus which could be cool...just please no more big apex fights (who am I kidding that'll be back for sure)

JPuggy

Quote from: Carnoking on August 29, 2024, 07:12:31 PMSounds interesting but I'm disappointed to hear that they're more or less doing a factory reset with dinosaurs being an isolated issue once again. Dominion wasted the potential of dinosaurs in our world and now it sounds like this story isn't going to be doing any course correcting on that missed opportunity.

They're kinda doing that in Chaos Theory

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 29, 2024, 07:36:29 PM

Exactly how I feel.

That was my initial knee jerk reaction. Like waitaminute. Dinosaurs can survive in ANY environment and now they can't? Not only that but they have somehow migrated to all the equatorial zones only?  I have questions that need answers.

Yes Chaos Theory is doing the escaped dino stories serious justice, but now they are just going to go away from that issue three years later?

It does sort of make sense though, humans are the real threat. I don't know as anyone recalls the episodes of Sliders, the dimension hopping series, that first had dinosaurs. They survived and existed alongside mankind but ultimately we were a threat to them as well so they ended up relegated to natural parks where poachers went after them.   

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Brocc21 on August 29, 2024, 09:14:43 PM

Looking good Edwards!

1. Don't go into the long grass!
2. A flare, again (again (again)).

Why must they do this? See lists of JW call-backs : https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3497 and JW:FK call-backs https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6532.0 and I started JW:D but gave up in exasperation.

I really must install a face-palm emoji on the forum for these Jurassic World threads.

suspsy

The description leads me to conclude that this movie will be absolute dreck, just as the last three were.

Also, climate change is actually making the planet BETTER for non-avian dinosaurs, not worse.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

HD-man

Ppl say there's a T. rex in Bailey's glasses, but I don't see it. What about you guys?:

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on August 29, 2024, 10:10:52 PMThe description leads me to conclude that this movie will be absolute dreck, just as the last three were.

Also, climate change is actually making the planet BETTER for non-avian dinosaurs, not worse.

I was going to say, definitely feels like an idea they could have leaned into. The world becoming less habitable for humans but more so for the dinosaurs would certainly tie back to the old ideas of nature humbling man. Plus, it's a way to potentially go a "Planet of the Apes" route where civilization collapses in the face of a warming planet while dinosaurs thrive.

I'm still interested to see what they do with this story. The pharmaceutical angle feels like something Critchton would conceive so I'm not willing to write it off just yet.

Eatmycar

I'm sure this movie will be a total turd, so I can't say I care what the plot is at this point...

but what gets me is that this whole franchise has been pushing towards the idea of dinosaurs getting into our world and causing havoc with the fragility of nature. Lost World nudged us that way, and the whole World trilogy was all about that. And now we're just... doing a 180 on the whole idea? I am very aware of the fact that Jurassic World Dominion was a bad movie, but from what I recall the complaints were about a LACK of human and dinosaur interaction or dinosaurs at all.

And now it's a fetch quest of a movie. Get DNA from three different dinosaurs for a 'miracle drug'. Wow.

I'll be honest, I don't care if its DX. I don't feel a compelling need for these movies to exist, nevermind use every single thing Crichton had in the books. I frankly wouldn't care if Jurassic tanked provided it meant the Hammond Collection kept going.

Also, another film with another shot of another character with a flare. Wow. I can only imagine what dinosaur he's looking at. How original.

PumperKrickel

Hard to tell from this pic, but it looks like she's wearing a backpack, which would be a rather obvious callback to Dr. Sarah Harding from the second movie. I also don't think it's a coincidence that she's wearing her hair in a ponytail, exactly like Claire did in JW:FK and Dominion.

As if these references didn't already prove this franchise creatively bankrupt, they go one step further: After Hammond, Nedry, Ludlow, Lowery, Dodgson and countless other characters, they again have a character wear glasses. Unbelievable!

Someone already mentioned the grass being a reference to Lost World, but they apparently didn't notice what looks like the sky in the background. The sky has been in all previous movies, so they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for ways to cash in on nostalgia, now.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: PumperKrickel on August 30, 2024, 10:54:30 AM

Hard to tell from this pic, but it looks like she's wearing a backpack, which would be a rather obvious callback to Dr. Sarah Harding from the second movie. I also don't think it's a coincidence that she's wearing her hair in a ponytail, exactly like Claire did in JW:FK and Dominion.

As if these references didn't already prove this franchise creatively bankrupt, they go one step further: After Hammond, Nedry, Ludlow, Lowery, Dodgson and countless other characters, they again have a character wear glasses. Unbelievable!

Someone already mentioned the grass being a reference to Lost World, but they apparently didn't notice what looks like the sky in the background. The sky has been in all previous movies, so they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for ways to cash in on nostalgia, now.

Silly. But if the backpack ends up being a "lucky pack" or in any way actually part of the plot then you'll be unwittingly onto something with that one. Place your bets now. :P

PumperKrickel

Quote from: DinoToyForum on August 30, 2024, 11:19:17 AMSilly. But if the backpack ends up being a "lucky pack" or in any way actually part of the plot then you'll be unwittingly onto something with that one. Place your bets now. :P

Good point, she might even eventually store something important in that backpack, just like Billy with the raptor eggs!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: PumperKrickel on August 30, 2024, 11:32:00 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on August 30, 2024, 11:19:17 AMSilly. But if the backpack ends up being a "lucky pack" or in any way actually part of the plot then you'll be unwittingly onto something with that one. Place your bets now. :P

Good point, she might even eventually store something important in that backpack, just like Billy with the raptor eggs!

If it's literally dinosaur eggs and it becomes a plot point I'll give you that one too. Put it on your call-back bingo card.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: