News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR hopes and dreams 2022/2023

Started by Lynx, October 14, 2022, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Checked through the board and have not found a thread for next year regarding REBOR. If this belongs in the REBOR section and/or there's already a thread, please move it!

For the GnG line, I am personally hoping for the following:
- A Spinosaurus, however due to endless debates regarding how it stood, may not be a good idea until more material is published

- Rugops, I don't think there's a good representation of it at the moment

- Shantungosaurus, despite being one of the more well-known dinosaurs, has lacked affordable figures.

As for REBORS main line:

- Pinacosaurus, any Asian Ankylosaur actually. They're fascinating and rather underrepresented.

- Camptosaurus, don't really have an explanation

- Austroraptor, again, no real reasoning for it, just think it would look cool, honestly

- Leptoceratops/Protoceratops

- Windrunner II, updated sculpt of the Utahraptor? It is a decently popular dinosaur and would likely sell better than the last four.

Would love to hear what y'all have in mind!
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

I'm only interested in any Rebor figure if they're at last attempts at more scientific representations, like the newest Tyrannosaurus (despite its flaws) or the upcoming Diplodocus.

That said, I would be most interested in a Suchomimus. Out of those you mention Austroraptor, Camptosaurus or Shantungosaurus would be nice.

Lynx

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on October 14, 2022, 07:56:21 PMI'm only interested in any Rebor figure if they're at last attempts at more scientific representations, like the newest Tyrannosaurus (despite its flaws) or the upcoming Diplodocus.

That said, I would be most interested in a Suchomimus. Out of those you mention Austroraptor, Camptosaurus or Shantungosaurus would be nice.

Agreed. While I don't personally mind a shrink-wrapped or overly skinny figure, more accurate figures would be wonderful and I'd gladly buy it. Considering the great success of Kiss and Tusk (or at least, as far as I know), one would assume they'd release more figures like this.
An oversized house cat.

Renecito

Hopes: (since they have already teased them)

- Beelzebufo
- Dire wolf
- Lonesome George
- Fossil studies Skulls 2nd wave: Sarcosuchus, Deinosuchus and Allosaurus (I think)

Dreams:

- Purussaurus
- Gigantopithecus
- Nothosaurus
- Titanis
- Cave bear
- Megalania
- Hatzegopteryx
I am not a fan of their dinosaur figures as you can tell although their Scientific T. rex is nice.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Pliosaurking

Purussaurus is overdue a figure. I'd also like to see their crocodylomorphs they teased a little while ago reach the light.

Halichoeres

I just hope the Beelzebufo tease leads to a real product.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Same, although I wouldn't bet on it knowing Rebor's track record. Still, I only wonder why nobody has bothered to make a figure of the dinosaur eating frog before (although recent estimates downsizes it quite a bit from where it formerly was)? Despite its pop culture appearances (Dinosaur Revolution I think, Ark: Survival Evolved, and Prehistoric Planet, if not elsewhere), it's still neglected. I mean I know amphibians are neglected as a whole really, and nowhere near as "exciting" as dinosaurs and whatnot, but at least this one does have somewhat of a reputation, for better or worse. Honestly much of the Maevarano Formation fauna is also neglected. Majungasaurus, Masiakasaurus, Mahajangasuchus, Simosuchus, if not others would make for some great figures (well the former two do have some options at least).

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Still waiting for that one myself, unless it was canceled. I think CollectA did do a version before at least, which might be better then nothing, or waiting forever at this point.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd still be happy to get everything they've teased so far.

Over9K

I almost think the GNG line is dormant. Everything they've teased beyond the four T.rex variants, George, the Spino, the American Alligator, have yet to be seen.

Lonesome George apparently got within a whisker of actual production, according to the avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO FB page, and then disappeared.