News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JP gets a re-release... in 3D!

Started by Roselaar, March 16, 2012, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Meh, I can take or leave 3D. It's cool and all, but I won't go out of my way to see it again.

QuoteI'd prefer a JP4 over a re-release of the same old movies again, I call this a waste of money 3D isn't that successful imo same as BluRay isn't, reminds me of the Double sided Beta Video Tapes of the 80's and the CDi's and MiniDiscs of the 890's heh, many great and innovative technologies, but they never became a breakthrough and failed on the market.
The CDi....that was a horrible system (in my opinion)  :P I thought it was only a games system, though?

Everything you need to know about the CDi summed up in one GIF

OMG looks like Link is groping himself

Blade-of-the-Moon

Some of the last few films I've bought have had a Blue Ray and DVD pack for about 5.00 more so I've been getting those. They are trying to come up with ways that makes switching over a little easier I guess.

australovenator

of course i'll be seeing it, i'll probably make a huge event over it too  ;D

Takama

The only thing that would make me see this film that's been showed on Television and available on DVD and Blu-Ray high def in theaters is if they revised the film and CG-ed some feathers on the Raptors (Simalar to what they did with the original Starwars Trilogy). Otherwise, i would just sit at home and watch it.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2012, 02:22:23 AM
The only thing that would make me see this film that's been showed on Television and available on DVD and Blu-Ray high def in theaters is if they revised the film and CG-ed some feathers on the Raptors (Simalar to what they did with the original Starwars Trilogy). Otherwise, i would just sit at home and watch it.

As said by someone who wasn't able to see it in '93.  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on March 31, 2012, 02:27:03 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2012, 02:22:23 AM

As said by someone who wasn't able to see it in '93.  :))

lol Exactly. It's a chance to re-live a moment in our past that was important to us. ;)

I'm tempted to stick it in the dvd player now..;D

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, sorry to be so late to this party! This news is music to my ears. 3-D or 2-D, I don't really care. Just to see it on the big screen again would be so awesome! Although to see it in 3-D here in NYC in one of our huge Imax theaters would be pretty darn cool.

I'll never forget the very first time I saw it when it first opened here. They had the NYC premiere at the Ziegfeld Theatre. You just know if a new movie premieres at the Ziegfeld, it's gonna be a pretty big one! And they lay out the red carpet and everything! It's an old ornate theater that still only has it's one original huge screen. I remember it opened in early June, and because I always see a movie of my choice for my birthday (May 31st), I obviously chose this one. I can recall so vividly the first time we saw the first full dino, the majestic Brachi. And just like Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler, when seeing this magnificent creature for the first time, I teared up too. I remember saying to myself, I am finally witnessing for the first time in my life, a living breathing dinosaur!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on March 31, 2012, 09:17:06 AM
Wow, sorry to be so late to this party! This news is music to my ears. 3-D or 2-D, I don't really care. Just to see it on the big screen again would be so awesome! Although to see it in 3-D here in NYC in one of our huge Imax theaters would be pretty darn cool.

I'll never forget the very first time I saw it when it first opened here. They had the NYC premiere at the Ziegfeld Theatre. You just know if a new movie premieres at the Ziegfeld, it's gonna be a pretty big one! And they lay out the red carpet and everything! It's an old ornate theater that still only has it's one original huge screen. I remember it opened in early June, and because I always see a movie of my choice for my birthday (May 31st), I obviously chose this one. I can recall so vividly the first time we saw the first full dino, the majestic Brachi. And just like Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ellie Sattler, when seeing this magnificent creature for the first time, I teared up too. I remember saying to myself, I am finally witnessing for the first time in my life, a living breathing dinosaur!

My feelings exactly ! ;D

scallenger

I was just thinking... many people (including me in a way) were a bit put-off by the video transfer of Jurassic Park when it was released last year. While it wasn't DNR'd all to hell, it was obviously NOT transferred from any real negative or even properly (it was cropped, on all 4 sides, slightly). It also had a bit too much grain, honestly, to the point of being distracting. Like there are many scenes where it looks like it is just snowing grain. I'm wondering, because of this, aren't they pretty much FORCED to do another remastering of the first film in order for the 3D to even work or look halfway decent? I mean, they can't make it work well with all that grain flying around. Do you all think this will happen? And will they re-release this new remastered version when they do? I hope they actually go after the negative like they did for Jaws this time.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on April 11, 2012, 08:06:48 AM
I was just thinking... many people (including me in a way) were a bit put-off by the video transfer of Jurassic Park when it was released last year. While it wasn't DNR'd all to hell, it was obviously NOT transferred from any real negative or even properly (it was cropped, on all 4 sides, slightly). It also had a bit too much grain, honestly, to the point of being distracting. Like there are many scenes where it looks like it is just snowing grain. I'm wondering, because of this, aren't they pretty much FORCED to do another remastering of the first film in order for the 3D to even work or look halfway decent? I mean, they can't make it work well with all that grain flying around. Do you all think this will happen? And will they re-release this new remastered version when they do? I hope they actually go after the negative like they did for Jaws this time.

I would think so. It would be the best option I think.