You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Strange Figures of the 3rd Kind (UPDATE P4 - Nov 07, 2023)

Started by Megalosaurus, August 15, 2016, 07:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 02, 2021, 12:24:03 PM
Magnificent figures. I really like that elasmosaurus eating a pteranodon is amazingly interesting. You have a very nice and varied collection.

Thank you very much. I like the elasmosaurus scene too.

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 02, 2021, 12:45:54 PM
What a wonderful Thread is is.

Thank you. I do have mainstream dinos too (PNSO, Papo, etc.) But I prefer to show oddities instead of the same figure we have seen a lot of times. 

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 04, 2021, 07:06:04 PM
Some really interesting figures here! Some of the school supply ones are familiar, and I think might be the same basic mold as Mattel's old "Thingmaker Creepy Crawlers" set. The yellow one doesn't look like anything I've ever seen, although it's a little bit like a cross between a trilobite and a marrellomorph. The purple ones look like copepods. The Mattel set didn't include any ammonites, to my recollection. There were definitely Paleozoic sea stars, but I don't think lobsters arrived until the Mesozoic.

Hey Tim you nailed it !!! Thank you.

http://www.samstoybox.com/toypics/CreepyCrawlers2.jpg

Marella like, copepod like, starfish and lobster are there.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It is nice to see more unusual figures every so often. I didn't know anyone else did a Eustreptospondylus by the by
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

avatar_Megalosaurus @Megalosaurus , the three retro "cheaposaurs" are knockoffs (and not bad ones) of the old ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) line.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 07, 2021, 07:51:54 PM
It is nice to see more unusual figures every so often. I didn't know anyone else did a Eustreptospondylus by the by

Thank you. Yes it is not a very popular choice.

Quote from: SidB on June 07, 2021, 09:33:05 PM
avatar_Megalosaurus @Megalosaurus , the three retro "cheaposaurs" are knockoffs (and not bad ones) of the old ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) line.

You're right. Thanks for the info. Now I´ll keep my eyes open to find the other ones.

Megalosaurus

Hello friends. I'm still here. The diorama contest gave me the necessary emotions to get active again.
So, as you may know this thread is about sharing strange, weird, or just not so common figures. If you are new, please check the previous pages and feel free to comment and ask any questions.
Today I present to you a pair of 1:35 skeletal models.

Here you are:

The models require minnor assembly. They come in 4 colors: grey, white, GITD and drybrush (the ones you see here). The Toyotamaphimeia includes a 1:35 human skeleton and it has interchangeable legs to look like it is swimming.

Toyotamaphimeia 1:35 by So-Ta

Archelon 1:35 by So-Ta

So here they are with some smaller living versions.

Thank you for visiting the thread.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh wow, those look gorgeous! I kinda wanna pick up that croc for myself now.

Pliosaurking

Halichoeres

Those are really nice! I hope SOTA makes more like them. You didn't like the glow-in-the-dark versions?   ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 07, 2023, 09:36:15 PMOh wow, those look gorgeous! I kinda wanna pick up that croc for myself now.
Thank you. Yes, please do it.

Quote from: Pliosaurking on November 07, 2023, 10:05:03 PMThese are both very beautiful looking models!
Thank you. Archelon was my favorite fossil picture in my childhood.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 09, 2023, 02:59:56 AMThose are really nice! I hope SOTA makes more like them.[...]
Thanks, I hope that too.

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 09, 2023, 02:59:56 AMYou didn't like the glow-in-the-dark versions?   ;)
Well... GITD is cool, but I like my models to look like a fossil, so this colors are the right ones.