You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Strange Figures of the 3rd Kind (UPDATE P4 - Nov 07, 2023)

Started by Megalosaurus, August 15, 2016, 07:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halzk

QuoteSleeping Parasaurolophus. Disney I think. So unusual to see a resting animal, and they are 2.
avatar_Megalosaurus @Megalosaurus I know this is kinda old but do you know the year or any references for this figure? (maybe under the figure) I'm interested by this figure but can't find any informations online :(

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halzk on May 13, 2021, 11:19:17 AM
avatar_Megalosaurus @Megalosaurus I know this is kinda old but do you know the year or any references for this figure? (maybe under the figure) I'm interested by this figure but can't find any informations online :(

Sure thing. Its belly says:
Infant parasaurolophus
Disney's Animal kingdom
China
36+ months

No year is available.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Megalosaurus

Hi.
To the many new members in the forum, this is my thread to showcase prehistoric toys that are not part of the actual mainstream toy lines. I'll invite you to check the previous pages, you may find bizarre, bootleg, obscure, old, and beautiful figures. Feel free to leave comment and ask questions (I'll try to answer if I have the info).

Here's a first batch of some strange (and some not that strange) figures. More to come in the future.

Toyway Unnoficial Walking with Dinosaurs eustreptospondylus

Mammut inpro.- Look at that giant tusks.

Smilodon inpro.-

Psittacosaurus cheaposaurus.

Ceratopsian like Dinowaurus.

Strange dinowaurus like theropod. 

Lontic Argentinosaurus. What a beautiful pattern.

Lontic Brachiosaurus

Schelidosaurus cheaposaurus.

Silvisaurus

Uintatherium.- Left and center are rubber like, and right one is hard plastic.

Old dimetrodons, protoceratops and cynognathus

I don´t remember what is this.

Dimetrodon

thedeadlymoose

Halichoeres

I always enjoyed this thread for the oddities it presented. Glad to see it back in action!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: thedeadlymoose on May 14, 2021, 07:49:27 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 14, 2021, 12:15:10 AM
I don´t remember what is this.

I think it's the Definitely Dinosaurs Leptoceratops.
You're right. thank you.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 14, 2021, 11:58:07 AM
I always enjoyed this thread for the oddities it presented. Glad to see it back in action!
I'm glad you like it. Some of this oddities used to be part of your collection! Thank you.

Shonisaurus

Beautiful photographs and rare figures, one of the figures that most catches my attention and also causes me a certain resentment is the Toyway eustreptospondylus and to think that I was about to buy it more than twenty years ago and I didn't!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 18, 2021, 11:25:11 AM
Beautiful photographs and rare figures, one of the figures that most catches my attention and also causes me a certain resentment is the Toyway eustreptospondylus and to think that I was about to buy it more than twenty years ago and I didn't!
Thank you.
Keep an eye open on eBay and check flea markets when is safe, You may find another one. 

Megalosaurus

Hello again.
I have another batch of strange figures for you.

Ankilosaurus? cheaposaurus

Old TRex

Imperial theropd

Imperial TRex

Ankylosaurus cheaposaurus.- Really interesting pose and sculpt.

Iguanodons cheaposaurus.- All the good vibes. Thumbs up everybody.

Dimetrodon badly scuffed

What species is this one? Look at the spikes near the club.

TRex vs Velociraptors.- Its a really interesting knock off.

Mini safari prehistoric mammals bootlegs.- Cheap hard plastic, psikodelic paint

Translucent raptor

This is a Japanesse mini. Seems to be a skull island raptor ( I don't remember the name).

Japanesse rock mini fossils.- I love this ones, they interlock to form a big rock.

To me this rhino looks prehistoric. May be I'm wrong.

Which ones do you like?

Duna

That poor tyrannosaurus looks like it had leeches on it ...  :)) :))

Justin_

I recently got one of these ankylosaurs with some other cheaposaurs for modifying and repainting. Apart from the feet being very wrong it's a nice figure.
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 18, 2021, 04:55:52 PM

What species is this one? Look at the spikes near the club.

Halichoeres

Dyoplosaurus has some spikes on its tail, although they are not quite so distal. I think this mold has also been cast in rubber by one of the Italian blind bag companies.

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 14, 2021, 11:55:24 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 14, 2021, 11:58:07 AM
I'm glad you like it. Some of this oddities used to be part of your collection! Thank you.

Yes, I remember! I used to be a much more active trader.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Justin_ on May 19, 2021, 03:51:51 PM
I recently got one of these ankylosaurs with some other cheaposaurs for modifying and repainting. Apart from the feet being very wrong it's a nice figure.
Hey. I'd love to see that custom.

Quote from: Duna on May 18, 2021, 08:46:27 PM
That poor tyrannosaurus looks like it had leeches on it ...  :)) :))
Weird! But you are right.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 19, 2021, 08:11:27 PM
Dyoplosaurus has some spikes on its tail, although they are not quite so distal. I think this mold has also been cast in rubber by one of the Italian blind bag companies.
That's an interesting species. You may be right.
I haven't seen that rubber blind bag ones, but a couple days ago I see this mold in a cheap chinesse bag of 4 dinos. But the ones in the bags are bootlegs, the detail is softened.

Shonisaurus

Great acquisitions. Honestly, I like all the figures but the one that impresses me the most is that tyrannosaurus attacked by small dinosaurs. It looks like something out of a horror movie from the B series.

CityRaptor

The T.rex vs. Raptor thing should be one of those Megasaurs. Most of those a bootlegs indeed.

The "Skull Island Raptor" is indeed such a creature. Called a Venatosaurus, although for wahtever reason, It never comes with the proper stand ( there is a clear green stand with a name on it, kinda looks like a bottlecap. )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 26, 2021, 11:45:25 AM
Great acquisitions. Honestly, I like all the figures but the one that impresses me the most is that tyrannosaurus attacked by small dinosaurs. It looks like something out of a horror movie from the B series.

Thank you.

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 26, 2021, 08:45:40 PM
The T.rex vs. Raptor thing should be one of those Megasaurs. Most of those a bootlegs indeed.

The "Skull Island Raptor" is indeed such a creature. Called a Venatosaurus, although for wahtever reason, It never comes with the proper stand ( there is a clear green stand with a name on it, kinda looks like a bottlecap. )
Thank you for the information.

Megalosaurus

Hello.
Here you are another sample of the strange figures in my collection.

TRex cranium incomplete

TRex skeleton

The following 3 are monochrome cheaposaurus, but they have a lovely retro style.

Lontic Argentinosaurus

Safari Ankylosaurus

Allosaurus vs stegosaurus minis Bandai?

Dinosaurs with interlocking arrow like bases.

Plesioasaurus attack! Bandai? The pteranodon is really nice.

School supplies paleozoic critters. Identification is appreciated in the yellow and purple ones. Did the starfish and lobster exists in paleozoic times?

Shonisaurus

Magnificent figures. I really like that elasmosaurus eating a pteranodon is amazingly interesting. You have a very nice and varied collection.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Halichoeres

Some really interesting figures here! Some of the school supply ones are familiar, and I think might be the same basic mold as Mattel's old "Thingmaker Creepy Crawlers" set. The yellow one doesn't look like anything I've ever seen, although it's a little bit like a cross between a trilobite and a marrellomorph. The purple ones look like copepods. The Mattel set didn't include any ammonites, to my recollection. There were definitely Paleozoic sea stars, but I don't think lobsters arrived until the Mesozoic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: