News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Request on Facebook: What would we like PNSO to make?

Started by Sim, May 11, 2024, 05:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

On PNSO's Facebook page interest was expressed in doing a poll for what we'd like PNSO to make.  I offered to make the poll, prior to that we can use this thread to list what we'd like in a poll.  I'll split the polling into five categories, based on what PNSO has (and hasn't) made: Theropods, Ornithischians, Sauropodomorphs, Swimming animals (non-dinosaur) and Other animals.  I'll share the polls with PNSO on Facebook after we've voted, and it might help PNSO decided what to make!

The discussion of doing a poll started with the desire for PNSO to make Archaeoceratops, so it will go into the poll.  Besides that, list up to five animals for each category that you'd like PNSO to make!

I'll start with mine:

Theropods
Austroraptor
Saurornithoides
Sinornithosaurus
Velociraptor
Xiongguanlong

Ornithischians
Achelousaurus
Anchiceratops
Denversaurus
Edmontonia rugosidens
Medusaceratops

Sauropodomorphs
Amargasaurus
Bajadasaurus
Eoraptor
Plateosaurus

Swimming animals (non-dinosaur)
Basilosaurus
Edestus
Hydrotherosaurus
Mesosaurus
Orthacanthus

Other animals
Any azhdarchid (on the ground)
Nyctosaurus (flying)
Pteranodon longiceps
Rhamphorhynchus
Scaphognathus

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on May 11, 2024, 05:39:02 PMOn PNSO's Facebook page interest was expressed in doing a poll for what we'd like PNSO to make.  I offered to make the poll, prior to that we can use this thread to list what we'd like in a poll.  I'll split the polling into five categories, based on what PNSO has (and hasn't) made: Theropods, Ornithischians, Sauropodomorphs, Swimming animals (non-dinosaur) and Other animals.  I'll share the polls with PNSO on Facebook after we've voted, and it might help PNSO decided what to make!

The discussion of doing a poll started with the desire for PNSO to make Archaeoceratops, so it will go into the poll.  Besides that, list up to five animals for each category that you'd like PNSO to make!

I'll start with mine:

Theropods
Austroraptor
Saurornithoides
Sinornithosaurus
Velociraptor
Xiongguanlong

Ornithischians
Achelousaurus
Anchiceratops
Denversaurus
Edmontonia rugosidens
Medusaceratops

Sauropodomorphs
Amargasaurus
Bajadasaurus
Eoraptor
Plateosaurus

Basilosaurus
Edestus
Hydrotherosaurus
Mesosaurus
Orthacanthus

Other animals
Any azhdarchid (on the ground)
Nyctosaurus (flying)
Pteranodon longiceps
Rhamphorhynchus
Scaphognathus

Before this community spends time and effort on this, my question would be if this request came from an official representative / social media manager of PNSO or if it was the initiative of some collectors / dinosaur enthusiasts. If this did not come from an official PNSO person, it will not affect the release schedule of PNSO because PNSO does what they want to do as they have always been doing. They have their own grand plan / vision and they follow this. This is one way of doing things and I am perfectly OK with this by the way. They are able to always surprise us with something totally unexpected. Like that Lufengosaurus and now the Wuerhosaurus.

Sim

It was the result of a discussion between fans.  I still think it would be interesting to do and might help PNSO decide what to make.

crazy8wizard

I've said this many times before but I would love to see PNSO finally resculpt their Ophthalmosaurus. Not only because it's gargantuan, has a weird tail fluke/overall anatomy, and is covered in wrinkles, but because in the last few years PNSO has resculpted their larger figures from the earlier museum line to the prehistoric models series. It's happened with Lufengosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Yangchuanosaurus, Triceratops, Mamenchisaurus, and Spinosaurus (and maybe some others I'm forgetting) so the Ophthalmosaurus feels right to remake.
Other than that one, I'm baffled that PNSO has only ever made a single dromaeosaur, so there's a whole universe of options out there for dinosaurs PNSO could make in that clade alone.
so for my list I'd say

Theropods
Zhenyuanlong
Acheroraptor
Hesperornithoides
Pectinodon
Herrerasaurus (I had to)

Sauropodomorphs
Supersaurus
Riojasaurus
Eoraptor
Brachytrachelopan
Lessemsaurus

Ornithischians
Updated Pachyrhinosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Leaellynasaura
Pegomastax
Magnapaulia

Sea Life
Ophthalmosaurus
Platypterygius
Cartorhynchus
Cryptoclidus
Megalneusaurus

Other
Barbaridactylus
Anaschisma
Any Cynodont or Dicynodont
Cotylorhynchus
Tropeognathus

Concavenator

Don't know if PNSO will consider our hopes, but anyways here goes my list. I'm also including small animals even though it's pretty sure they will be ignored.  :P

Theropods

Gallimimus
Austroraptor
Herrerasaurus (if you consider it as such)
Halszkaraptor
Zhenyuanlong

Ornithischians

Kentrosaurus
Tenontosaurus
Kulindadromeus
Scutellosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis

Sauropodomorphs

Amargasaurus
Shunosaurus
Eoraptor
Plateosaurus

Shonisaurus
Basilosaurus
Tiktaalik
Ambulocetus
Aquilolamna

Other animals

Megatherium
Tropeognathus (standing)
Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni (standing)
Rhamphorhynchus (standing)

Halichoeres

Well, as long as we're dreaming:

Swimmers
Askeptosaurus
Brachauchenius
Edestus
Leedsichthys
Stratodus

Other animals
Arthropleura
Cotylorhynchus
Styracocephalus
Xianglong
Zatrachus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Primeval12

I feel like Leedsichthys and Arthropleura are the most likely candidates from that list.

Sim

Quote from: Primeval12 on May 13, 2024, 02:50:54 PMI feel like Leedsichthys and Arthropleura are the most likely candidates from that list.
They're the most requested, but I don't expect them from PNSO.  Leedsichthys as far as I know, basically looks like a big generic fish.  And PNSO hasn't made any invertebrates.  Neither seem like the kind of thing PNSO would make.  I think the most likely from that list are Brachauchenius as companies love making pliosauroids and Edestus as PNSO has already made its relative Helicoprion.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, did you mean Zatrachys for the last animal you listed?

EmperorDinobot

I got cursed at for asking for certain dinosaurs on social media.

But I'd like a Thescelosaurus. Scale doesn't matter. It is my favorite um...ornithopod(does this exist still? I read somewhere it didn't)...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on May 13, 2024, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on May 13, 2024, 02:50:54 PMI feel like Leedsichthys and Arthropleura are the most likely candidates from that list.
They're the most requested, but I don't expect them from PNSO.  Leedsichthys as far as I know, basically looks like a big generic fish.  And PNSO hasn't made any invertebrates.  Neither seem like the kind of thing PNSO would make.  I think the most likely from that list are Brachauchenius as companies love making pliosauroids and Edestus as PNSO has already made its relative Helicoprion.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, did you mean Zatrachys for the last animal you listed?

Oh yes, Zatrachys of course.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

You've introduced me to Zatrachys and I have to say its spiky head is something all right!  Stratodus is another you've introduced me to and it too is weirdly impressive, in just about every way!

Faelrin

At the top of my head, Sinosaurus (to go with the new Lufengosaurus), Ceratosaurus, and a post 2021 paper Carnotaurus remake. Maybe Saurolophus as well. I doubt they'll return to doing minis so most of the small ones I would like I've given up on. That includes Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, and more. Most of the others I wanted PNSO to do have been delivered by Haolonggood (or eventually) or Safari recently.

I don't have anything marine or pterosaur related since they don't seem to have any interest in making them anymore.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Turkeysaurus

1/35 Sauropods & Acrylic Rods for sale.  :))

Sim

I'm replacing my choices of Sinornithosaurus and Xiongguanlong with Dromaeosaurus and Linheraptor!

Sim

And I'm replacing my choice of Mesosaurus with Muraenosaurus.

Sim

I'm going to make the last poll now!  I'm replacing my choice of Pteranodon with Zhejiangopterus and my unspecified azhdarchid with Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni on the ground.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.