News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lontic Dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 24, 2013, 04:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: marisaura on August 01, 2023, 03:22:31 AMthe achelousaurus seems decent at least on the surface level. probably better than the old collecta one.

Yeah, it really isn't bad.

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 01, 2023, 02:52:39 AMI like to say it's nice there's another toy for both Yutyrannus and Shunosaurus out there, but those are easily the homeliest renditions I've seen of either genus. Oh, well. Thanks for the update/info, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

The Shunosaurus looks right out of the Flintstones! That said, the old CollectA one was also quite hideous.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

crazy8wizard

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Lontic's "Scaphonyx" figure. On the one hand it only somewhat resembles a rhynchosaur and those tusks make it look like they were trying to make both a rhynchosaur and a dicynodont at the same time. On the other hand it's one of the very few rhynchosaur figures out there (which unfortunately are all pretty much just Hyperodapedon) but it's respectable in its boldness.

I decided to do a quick edit of the image to see what it would look like with the tusks moved to the bottom and it already looks a bit more like a rhynchosaur. Not much but a little.

I managed to track one of these down so when it arrives I'll likely do some customization to get it looking more like the actual animal it's based on.

Libraraptor

That is an interesting critter. But it does not look like Lontic, does it?

Halichoeres

Perhaps the name of the thread should be changed to Xidi or Happy Kin. Everything I've ever bought from this company direct from China had a "Happy Kin" logo on the box:

Lontic was, a decade or more ago, a North American distributor for Xidi toys, but they haven't carried them in a long time. These days Kid Galaxy, Member's Mark (i.e., Sam's Club), and other companies import them for US and Canadian sales.

Anyway, this supposed rhynchosaur is definitely one of their products, but I think it is based on Placerias as it appears in a Dorling Kindersley dinosaur book. It's not a great dicynodont, but it's a better dicynodont than rhynchosaur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Faelrin

Is there a list of these figures out there aside from what was listed here? I think we are overdue for adding them to the DTC site which I plan to work on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

Apologies for the confusion, I thought lontic and kid galaxy were the same company.
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 27, 2023, 03:00:55 PMAnyway, this supposed rhynchosaur is definitely one of their products, but I think it is based on Placerias as it appears in a Dorling Kindersley dinosaur book. It's not a great dicynodont, but it's a better dicynodont than rhynchosaur.
Do you have a photo of the DK Placerias? I'd like to see it but I can't seem to find the match online.

DinoToyForum

I think this is it, from DK Encyclopaedia of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life:

Halichoeres

That's the one! I think that means the only bona fide rhynchosaur toy is the Dawn of the Dinosaurs Scaphonyx/Hyperodapedon.

Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 27, 2023, 06:20:15 PMApologies for the confusion, I thought lontic and kid galaxy were the same company.
No need to apologize, there's a genuinely confusing array of companies involved. Dinosaur Collector still has them listed as Lontic, for example (http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/lontic2.html).

Quote from: Faelrin on September 27, 2023, 03:50:33 PMIs there a list of these figures out there aside from what was listed here? I think we are overdue for adding them to the DTC site which I plan to work on.
Not that I know of. It will be very difficult to get individual images of some of the figures, I think. A lot of them come in multiple sizes or paint schemes.

Reuben03

so happy to see this thread thriving. ive been looking desperately for more on this company, and id love to find their details to get in touch with the design team.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Reuben03

ordered 3 boxes of happy kin articulated figures, only for 1 to show up. real shame. at least it contained the beautiful ichthyosaurus figure.

i hope to see more from this company, hopefully some better marine reptiles then the frilly tylosaur and swan necked plesiosaur currently on offer...

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reuben03 on September 08, 2024, 04:12:48 PMordered 3 boxes of happy kin articulated figures, only for 1 to show up. real shame. at least it contained the beautiful ichthyosaurus figure.

i hope to see more from this company, hopefully some better marine reptiles then the frilly tylosaur and swan necked plesiosaur currently on offer...

Where did you order them from? Might be good for others to know they aren't reliable.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.