News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

YVY Figures/Dino Hazard

Started by Thialfi, December 21, 2022, 02:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

A general thread for this brand, which I'll kick off with the notice that their magnificent Irritator challengeri is on sale now for about 36 Euro/38 US Dollar:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmbpgharnQT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Halichoeres

I hope this deep discount doesn't mean that sales have been weak. I'm really rooting for this brand.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Seems like it is being discontinued. That's unfortunate to see. It only just came out last year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 21, 2022, 05:50:43 PMI hope this deep discount doesn't mean that sales have been weak. I'm really rooting for this brand.

I guess the AliExpress/Factory incident was quite harmful to this Brand and Figure.

Thialfi

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 21, 2022, 05:50:43 PMI hope this deep discount doesn't mean that sales have been weak. I'm really rooting for this brand.

Same here. I really hope it's a matter of making space for new stuff. Been enjoying my Irritator massively and the people from YVY/Dino Hazard have been incredibly kind and helpful, and evidently talented.

Maritimer

I also hope that YVY continues to produce quality figures ... but I couldn't resist the Irritator at this price!

~B.

Thialfi

avatar_Maritimer @Maritimer glad to hear you managed to pick one up, you won't be disappointed!

TheImmortalEye

this is prob a dumb question, but theres no way to get one of those charcharodontosaurs from them anymore ? only kickstarter?

Fembrogon

I don't recall if anyone here on the Forum even GOT one of those carchs. I recall hearing they were released, but did anyone here back the kickstarter?

Ikessauro

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 06, 2023, 03:03:57 PMthis is prob a dumb question, but theres no way to get one of those charcharodontosaurs from them anymore ? only kickstarter?

Due to all production problems and illegal sales, the company ended up having trouble continuing production. The Carcharodontosaurus has been turned into an crowdfunding exclusive, only sent to who had backed the campaing. There is no plans to release it in larger scale so far.

I've got a copy myself of the toy version, but haven't been able to get the deluxe one yet. From time to time one appears for sale down here in Brazil, from people who decided to sell their copy, but it is not often.

Carnoking

That's such a shame to hear that those factory shenanigans tripped them up like this. The Carcharodontosaurus was shaping up to be a really cool release, I hope they can bounce back in the long run.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 06, 2023, 08:55:39 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 06, 2023, 03:03:57 PMthis is prob a dumb question, but theres no way to get one of those charcharodontosaurs from them anymore ? only kickstarter?

Due to all production problems and illegal sales, the company ended up having trouble continuing production. The Carcharodontosaurus has been turned into an crowdfunding exclusive, only sent to who had backed the campaing. There is no plans to release it in larger scale so far.

thats such a bummer, id love to have one of em bulky boys, and with the sale of the irritator and it being discontinued, it looks grim for the companys future

I've got a copy myself of the toy version, but haven't been able to get the deluxe one yet. From time to time one appears for sale down here in Brazil, from people who decided to sell their copy, but it is not often.

Halichoeres

I went to the Yvy Figures site and, while the site is still live, Irritator is listed as sold out.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ikessauro

If anyone here wants one, I may be able to help getting a Carcharodontosaurus, used of course. From time to time people offer it. Price varies, but I'd say from 100 to 200 dollar range.

Leyster

My review of the Carcharodontosaurus, a truly astounding model!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Leyster on August 21, 2024, 03:19:33 PMMy review of the Carcharodontosaurus, a truly astounding model!

Thanks for this! I never knew Dino Hazard had a Carcharodontosaurus, but I knew their Irritator was pretty stellar.

I also saw an Instagram post about this but had no idea where to find the link to the review. So glad to be able to read it (and see review pics) here.

Also, is the size difference between Irritator and Carcharodontosaurus actually this large?

Carnoking

Quote from: Leyster on August 21, 2024, 03:19:33 PMMy review of the Carcharodontosaurus, a truly astounding model!

Oh my, it's glorious. Such a shame it will never grace my shelves.

Leyster

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I think you can ask avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro if he can find one for you, too? I got mine through him.

avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus it's even more glaring, considering that the Dino Hazard model is based upon the idea that Irritator and Angaturama are the same animal and thus Irritator reached ca. 8 meters in lenght. The skull of Irritator's holotype, when complete, was probably "only" around 60cm.

(Carcharodontosaurus by Randomdinos, I don't remember whose was the Irritator shilouette)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Looks like YVY Figures/Dino Hazard might be back!! Paleofiguras have posted about it.

Great news!

Mattyonyx

It was a comment written by Hugo Cafasso on the Paleo-Nerd Facebook page, but Paleofiguras decided to turn it into a "scoop" (at least they mentioned us).
I'm not even sure it was the right thing to do, as we should wait for a proper announcement.
Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if anyone still reads us, since it's their post that's getting the attention...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: