You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters and Jurassic Action

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on February 07, 2013, 07:19:33 AM
This is a nice collection though the only one I'm really interested in is the Protoceratops.

It's a pick and choose line to be sure..like someone else mentioned it's very much like early CollectA .

tyrantqueen

This brand looks like it has potential (I liked the protoceratops, the plateosaurus and the fuzzy velociraptor) but the anatomy is just too poorly sculpted for me, personally, to consider buying anything from them at this time.

Maybe they'll improve in future.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 07, 2013, 05:38:13 PM
This brand looks like it has potential (I liked the protoceratops, the plateosaurus and the fuzzy velociraptor) but the anatomy is just too poorly sculpted for me, personally, to consider buying anything from them at this time.

I don't know how much they'll change--they are pretty proud of themselves being the only paleo-toy company headed and designed by a professional paleontologist, and as such they seem to feel that their designs are close enough (and also that they are toys, for play purposes).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on February 07, 2013, 07:06:59 PM

I don't know how much they'll change--they are pretty proud of themselves being the only paleo-toy company headed and designed by a professional paleontologist, and as such they seem to feel that their designs are close enough (and also that they are toys, for play purposes).
I don't understand how they can say their models are approved by paleontolgist when they have such errors :/
Does the guy just ignore the errors because he is getting paid, or is he truly ignorant of dinosaur anatomy? :-\

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 09, 2013, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: SBell on February 07, 2013, 07:06:59 PM

I don't understand how they can say their models are approved by paleontolgist when they have such errors :/
Does the guy just ignore the errors because he is getting paid, or is he truly ignorant of dinosaur anatomy? :-\

It's his company, so he approves them, probably because that's what he thinks they should look like.

Brontozaurus

So I now own two of the Jurassic Hunter dinosaurs, the Dilophosaurus and the Velociraptor. The Dilophosaurus is the best of the two, though the crest is too short.

I appreciate that the fact sheets go into a lot of detail (like the names of different stages of geological periods) but the Velociraptor sheet says that it was first discovered by a 1971 expedition when it was really found much earlier by an American team. I do have to wonder exactly what the 'professional palaeontologist' who supposedly approves all of these actually studied, because it sure as hell wasn't dinosaurs.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

New Geoworld toys have started popping up on eBay.

Some of them look pretty nice...and some of them are horrendous :-\

This Daspleto doesn't even look like a tyrannosaur, more like a raptor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DASPLETOSAURUS-NEW-GeoWorld-Jurassic-Hunters-Dinosaur-4FDP-/370791063148?pt=Pretend_Play_Preschool_US&hash=item5654de9e6c

Roselaar

I still have hopes Geoworld's toys will make it to ED sooner or later.

tyrantqueen

Seems like they're not above even copying CollectA's Augustinia model.

Ikessauro

That Daspleto is another one inspired by paleoart...

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 07, 2013, 01:37:55 PM

They also took the colors from the Deluxe model

There copying the Deluxe

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2013, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 07, 2013, 01:37:55 PM

They also took the colors from the Deluxe model

There copying the Deluxe
The deluxe does not have an open mouth. The standard does. Therefore it's more logical to assume they're copying the standard.

They are all hideous figures in my opinion. They should have copied a figure that is actually decent in the first place....

Takama

amargasaurus cazaui

I find myself a bit disagreeing with that myself. Many of the models are poorly done from an accuracy standpoint and some do copy known figures as was shown. I do however think they are fun, if you can get around expecting every figure made to have accurate hand posture, and perfect detail. Much like the dinowaurs figures, chinasaurs, and lot of other sets, I find they do have some redeeming value. I would not buy them for accuracy of course, but they are just plain fun. They are priced fairly for what they are, I think
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

I would love to start collecting these, just for all the obscure species, but im already trying to collect Every CollectA figure, and im not sure i can afford these.   

I do like some of them, have you seen the Toodon yet?

tyrantqueen

QuoteI do like some of them, have you seen the Toodon yet?
It's decent...although David Krentz's Troodon blows it out of the water. But then again I guess it's not fair to compare them, since one is a toy and the other is a model kit.

If I ever ended up buying the Geoworld, I'd prolly repaint it, since the factory paint job is not to my taste.

Patrx

This whole line just seems to me like a great idea executed poorly - a real missed opportunity. Obscure genera? Fantastic. Bases instead of tripods or over-sized feet? Great. Sadly, though, they pretty much all look terrible to me, regarding both accuracy and details.

Takama

Right now all I have is the Troodon. I do plan on working to own the entire jurassic hunters collection. No mater how bad some are, heck I think they all look better then collectas originals.

Here is the troodon.

I placed an order for the Spinosaurus, Saltasaurus, Thesecelosaurus, and Megaraptor. I will post there pics as soon as they come to my door.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.