News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Funko Pop

Started by Gwangi, January 19, 2018, 05:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

I´m definetely gonna pick up Rexy, then I will see if I get more or not.

Reptilia

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 04, 2018, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on February 03, 2018, 11:07:56 PM
Couldn't resist and pre-ordered all three dinos from a comic book shop in my city. They'll probably get a place on the book shelf near my "Jurassic Park" original copy.

Congrats! Enjoy :D

They'll be my first Pops, so I still don't know if I'll keep them in the boxes like most people do or I'll take them out, but I'll sure enjoy having them displayed on my shelf. I purchased at the same time the Pennywise one, which I wanted for years but never got round to obtain. Now I just hope I won't enter another collector's tunnel... I feel quite safe cause I generally don't like Funko Pops, but you never know!

SabertoothKittens

I'm not a fan of Funko Pops, but I have to admit that the dinosaurs look really cute!

Reptilia

A JW series is likely to come later in the year, seems that in the Funko catalogue there's some kind of hint to it.

CityRaptor

Not surprised. Of course it is a good oportunity to make some repaints of that Raptor. And probably a slightly different Rexy, too. I mean, come on.

Possibilities:
Raptor:
JP female ->TLW male -> JPIII female ->Blue, Echo, Delta, Charlie -> possibly JW: The Game

Dilophosaurus
JP -> possibly JW: The Game

T.rex:
JP Rexy -> TLW "Buck" -> JPIII -> JW Rexy ->possibly JW: The Game
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

I don't know about Funko Pops that much, but I believe they're not big on repaints. I assume that if a JW series will come will be with different characters, maybe only with a repainted raptor. I'd think they could go with: Blue (repaint), either the Indominus Rex or the Indoraptor (depending if the series will be related to the first or second movie), Owen, Claire, Doctor Wu and / or some other FK's character.

CityRaptor

Turns out Blue is a slight retool of the Raptor. See the Funko Pop! JW thread.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Yes, it appears to be the very same mold.

Cretaceous Crab

Does anyone know when the wounded Ian Malcolm Funko POP figure is getting released? I know its a Target exclusive.

Halichoeres

Quote from: LeviRawl on May 13, 2018, 02:15:02 AM
Does anyone know when the wounded Ian Malcolm Funko POP figure is getting released? I know its a Target exclusive.

It's all over http://ebay.com, but I have yet to see one in a Target store. I think they're all being diverted to scalpers. The Target stores near me don't seem to carry the JP pops at all.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2018, 03:59:20 PM

It's all over http://ebay.com, but I have yet to see one in a Target store. I think they're all being diverted to scalpers. The Target stores near me don't seem to carry the JP pops at all.

Haven't seen them at mine either.  >:(

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Gwangi on May 13, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

It was made available online on March 14 and sold out within 15 minutes.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/03/12/sexy-ian-malcolm-jurassic-park-funko-pop/
https://twitter.com/asktarget/status/973949428448014336?s=21

This has become standard operating procedure for Funko Pop exclusives at Target--given the line's increasing popularity and the company's insistence on small production runs, store exclusives tend to sell out online long before any stock can reach stores. Finding one in-store means that an online order was returned there.

My recommendation for those who live in the US and want to add this one to their collections: follow the /funkopop subreddit and check regularly. Target insists that there will be a restock before the release of JW2. Their exclusive Pop figures tend to go on sale between 11-12 PM Pacific Time, normally with some advance notice.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on May 14, 2018, 01:19:17 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 13, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

It was made available online on March 14 and sold out within 15 minutes.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/03/12/sexy-ian-malcolm-jurassic-park-funko-pop/
https://twitter.com/asktarget/status/973949428448014336?s=21

This has become standard operating procedure for Funko Pop exclusives at Target--given the line's increasing popularity and the company's insistence on small production runs, store exclusives tend to sell out online long before any stock can reach stores. Finding one in-store means that an online order was returned there.

My recommendation for those who live in the US and want to add this one to their collections: follow the /funkopop subreddit and check regularly. Target insists that there will be a restock before the release of JW2. Their exclusive Pop figures tend to go on sale between 11-12 PM Pacific Time, normally with some advance notice.

Ugh, that's such a garbage way to run an exclusive. Thanks for the info though!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

I rapidly grew tired of JP Funko Pops. Normally not a fan of Pops, but the dinos did look quite nice and interesting. Got to see them in store and bought a T-Rex, and really had trouble to find some decent. They were so terribly painted, couldn't find a Velociraptor or a Dilophosaurus good enough to justify the expense. When I opened my T-Rex at home I've found a paint splotch on the other side of the snout, the one you can't see when it is inside the box. And then there are seam lines everywhere on the figure. My venture in Funko Pops ended there, as much as Blue and the Stygimoloch look cute in the promo pictures I'm not inclined at all to get them, I'm pretty sure the actual figures can't live up to the hype.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.