News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Funko Pop

Started by Gwangi, January 19, 2018, 05:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet. All I can say is... it's about time! I don't really collect these but for Jurassic Park I'll certainly make an exception. Really like the Dilophosaurus in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Y2QSKkcKg&t=0s

Jose S.M.

I agree  the Dilophosaurus is the most appealing to me, Rexy is cool too. Don't like the yellow eyes on the raptor.

ITdactyl

Being a fan of the StarWars Funko Pop series, I was excited when the Jurassic Park characters were teased.  However, I was slightly disappointed when I saw pics of the dinosaurs.  I guess some things don't translate well into a Funko Pop figure - they look like the snouts were smashed into the face.

hahaha... who am I kidding.. I'm still getting these.

Gwangi

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on January 19, 2018, 06:34:00 PM
I agree  the Dilophosaurus is the most appealing to me, Rexy is cool too. Don't like the yellow eyes on the raptor.

Funny, I actually like those yellow eyes. Gives it a creepy, unique look. Reminds me of cat eyes in the dark.

IrritatorRaji

I know it's their style and all but I really don't like how the raptor looks. I'm not really liking how smushed the face looks. Really not fond of the eyes, it looks like they were trying to make it cute and fierce at the same time? I like the Rex and the Dilo though. Funko aren't my thing so I'm not going to buy these, but it's cool that they've finally made some Jurassic Park stuff.

Faelrin

I like the dinosaurs the most of these, and I'll probably get them. Of the dinosaurs I like the Dilophosaurus the most. I wish the T. rex had a thicker tail, but not too bad for the style. I do like how the raptor has creepy yellow eyes, but it is inconsistent with the other dinosaurs, in that regard.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Those eyes make me think of the Troodon from Jurassic Park: The Game.

But then again, Funkos normally make me think of this scene from the Simpsons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pC97BFth1E
I don't get their appeal. 

The Dinosaurs would probably be more appealing if they looked more like their artwork. Rexy seems to be in the pose of the Papo Rex ( which of course is inspired by the ending of JP ). Anyone else expect that there will be several repaints of Rexy and the Raptor?

Oh, and there are exclusives, too.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

I don't collect Funko Pop but all three dinos are just lovely, I think I need that T-Rex!

And the injured Malcolm is hilarious.

Patrx

Similarly, I have never liked these Pop figures at all, but that Malcolm is just too funny. I may have to try and find one  :))

CityRaptor

Hmmm, just noticed that Rexy has black eyes on her single image, but yellow eyes on the picture with the rest.
Oh no

Reptilia

I like it better with black eyes. Either one of the two promos is a mistake, or more likely there's two variants to exploit hardcore collectors.

Gwangi

Oh man, I need sexy Malcolm.  8)

Katieraptor

All the dinosaurs have a lot of personality in them. I like that Rexy!
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Takama

Im going to get the Dinosaurs.

The Humans can go to the Hardcore fans of the series.

terrorchicken

lol, they made a Malcolm in that pose like in Tyrant Queen's sig! :))

CityRaptor

Yes, it's one of those memes associated with Malcolm/Jeff Goldblum.
Oh no

Reptilia

The Nedry & Dilophosaurus pair is also funny. Maybe they'll come packaged together, since it is an exclusive.

stargatedalek

I will probably get the raptor and maybe the dilo, but I'm not a big fan of the Funko Pop art-style so it would have be a very specific character/design (not franchise) that I like for me to buy it.

Katieraptor

I just realized we don't have Sattler. They better include her as an exclusive or something.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

CityRaptor

Sattler come with the "Park Vehicle"

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 20, 2018, 12:14:21 AM
I will probably get the raptor and maybe the dilo, but I'm not a big fan of the Funko Pop art-style so it would have be a very specific character/design (not franchise) that I like for me to buy it.

Similar situation here.

Quote from: Reptilia on January 20, 2018, 12:12:14 AM
The Nedry & Dilophosaurus pair is also funny. Maybe they'll come packaged together, since it is an exclusive.
Yes, it's a two-pack:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FU29451EE&id=JU-404171517
So basically a completist would end up with two nearly identical Nedrys and three Dilophosaurs, with two of them being nearly identical.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: