News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J

Potential prehistoric mammals for Mojo Fun

Started by john2xtheman, December 03, 2012, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What prehistoric mammals do you want to see from Mojo Fun?

Hyracotherium lepinorum
6 (10.3%)
Uintatherium anceps
15 (25.9%)
Basilosaurus cetoides
18 (31%)
Thylacoleo carinex
15 (25.9%)
Amphicyon giganteus
5 (8.6%)
Chalicotherium goldfussi
6 (10.3%)
Ambulocetus natans
10 (17.2%)
Synthetoceras tricornatus
3 (5.2%)
Arsinoitherium zitteli
1 (1.7%)
Zygophyseter varolai
1 (1.7%)
Obodenocetops peruvianus
3 (5.2%)
Mammuthus columbi
5 (8.6%)
Andrewsarchus mongoliensis
8 (13.8%)
Platybelodon danovi
6 (10.3%)
Darwinius masillae
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Takama on December 06, 2012, 11:12:06 PM

Livyatan Melvilli

Here is a Whale that could be made. Kids love Monstrous teeth

Been there, done that. 8)

Himmapaan

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 07, 2012, 05:13:18 AM
Been there, done that. 8)

Well, you have, you crafty customiser, you.  ;D (I'm just envious, see.)

Splonkadumpocus

Looks like Mojo's two prehistoric mammals for next year are going to be Basilosaurus and Uintatherium.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

and i'm stil staying for what i said

the water creators don't belong in the prehistoric mammal line

it's in my opinion a seperated line

but who am i,,

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

SBell

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 07, 2012, 05:27:09 PM
and i'm stil staying for what i said

the water creators don't belong in the prehistoric mammal line

it's in my opinion a seperated line

but who am i,,

Martien

I tend to agree with you, actually. With 4 out of 15 being 'whales', it seems to be missing something.  I am surprised that Homotherium (or any non-Smilodon sabre-cat) or Arctodus weren't on the list. Ideally, there should always be a predator-prey pair; gives parents a reason to buy two!

mojojames

Some great suggestions and I like Martiens idea of maybe seperating the sea mammals from land based mammals.
I need to think about it but it could be done.

Let me have the weekend t think it over and i will come back to everyone on Monday

Thanks again everyone.............................only one surprise for me , I thought Andrewsarchus would have been higher on the list ?

Cheers

James

paleoferroequine

Quote from: mojojames on December 07, 2012, 07:39:10 PM
Some great suggestions and I like Martiens idea of maybe seperating the sea mammals from land based mammals.
I need to think about it but it could be done.

Let me have the weekend t think it over and i will come back to everyone on Monday

Thanks again everyone.............................only one surprise for me , I thought Andrewsarchus would have been higher on the list ?

Cheers

James

Well, I ended up voting for Andrewsarchus. Trouble is there is only a skull, no mandible,only scraps of post cranial. No idea what the body is like. It is probably related to entelodonts, whales, anthracotheres and maybe hippos. Hooves like an entelodont, or like mesonychids, (Andrewsarchus is no longer considered to be these) or perhaps feet like protowhales (Ambulocetus)? Not much to make a figure from, although I'm going to give it a shot. ;D

CM

These polls are just a guideline, right?  I mean, I assume Mojo's not going to base their entire 2013 prehistoric line on 27 votes from this thread.  The market's going to demand something like a sabertooth and a mammoth, for example, and maybe we'll get one of these (or none)?  I'm just curious about what use these polls will be put to.  Going by what Mojo revealed for mammals for '13, I'll probably pick up whatever they put down anyways. :)

SBell

Quote from: CM on December 08, 2012, 06:49:09 PM
These polls are just a guideline, right?  I mean, I assume Mojo's not going to base their entire 2013 prehistoric line on 27 votes from this thread.  The market's going to demand something like a sabertooth and a mammoth, for example, and maybe we'll get one of these (or none)?  I'm just curious about what use these polls will be put to.  Going by what Mojo revealed for mammals for '13, I'll probably pick up whatever they put down anyways. :)

Mojo already makes a Smilodon and a Mammoth (and calf). But I too hope that more consideration is given than just a poll with a small sampling of the forum members!

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I think,,just for the record,,i think

That Mojo has idea's of them own
what they are going to make

and maybey,,,

we have 2 big forums that are involved now with MOJO

i think every forum can name 1 prehistoric mammal
and maybey MOJO is making it

( i hope so )

you all know,,they making 4 new prehistoric mammals next year
maybey 6

but now they are going to back in the dino world

so i think it wil be 4 prehistoric mammals

so here are some very nice photo's of good idea's

just some nice mammals that i like to see in the MOJO prehistoric line
The Return Of The Mammoth's

CM

Quote from: SBell on December 08, 2012, 08:01:44 PM
Quote from: CM on December 08, 2012, 06:49:09 PM

Mojo already makes a Smilodon and a Mammoth (and calf). But I too hope that more consideration is given than just a poll with a small sampling of the forum members!

Sure, but now that the figures look so much better, we're going to have to get re-dos someday, right? :)

John

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on December 08, 2012, 08:51:26 PM
I think,,just for the record,,i think

That Mojo has idea's of them own
what they are going to make

and maybey,,,

we have 2 big forums that are involved now with MOJO

i think every forum can name 1 prehistoric mammal
and maybey MOJO is making it

( i hope so )

you all know,,they making 4 new prehistoric mammals next year
maybey 6

but now they are going to back in the dino world

so i think it wil be 4 prehistoric mammals

so here are some very nice photo's of good idea's

just some nice mammals that i like to see in the MOJO prehistoric line
Of course they've got some idea of what they are going to make. ^-^
That's what is going to come out if what ends up winning in these polls are not potential big sellers! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Trexroarr

I agree with Martien and James. I think the Prehistoric Sea Mammals should be seperate from the land ones.

I'm right up there with you James about the Andrewsarchus. Same with you and the Columbian Mammoth, Martien.

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

SBell

Apparently, according to my kids, I should have voted for Basilosaurus. But then, they watch a lot of BBC prehistoric documentaries... ;D

Spino-rex13

It was hard but in the end I voted for thylacoleo.

Douglas Mortimer

I would love them all, but I voted for Uintatherium and Chalicotherium.  *orthocone*

thylachrisus

I would really love to see some Australian prehistoric marsupials; they have really been poorly represented in the world of plastic animals!
In particular, Thylacoleo carnifex (it is spelled wrong on the voting list - it is NOT carinex). Thylacinus cynocephalus has not been done well in plastic for a long time. (There was one display toy with two thylacines on a base that was available once from tourist shops in Tasmania, but I have sent friends seraching and these seem to be impossible to find now. The Yowie thylacines - there were a few - are mostly not great; their best was in the Forgotten Friends series but this is REALLY hard to find.) Also some diprotodons like Diprotodon, Zygomaturus, Silvabestius spp. would be good to see, as would the marsupial tapir Palorchestes and the giant short-faced kangaroo Procoptodon goliah. Carnivorous kangaroos such as Ekaltadeta and Procopotodon spp. would be great, as long as the recreation was in line with scientific thought - these are mostly known only from skull fragments, and most amateur recreations I've seen online are not at all accurate compared to recreations by professional palaeoartists. That is to say, these should not be represented as bipedal modern-type kangaroos with big fangs!

Concavenator

I just chose Basilosaurus cetoides.I chose it because it is an awesome animal,and I feel it's the very important prehistoric mammal left to be produced by manufacturers.Some of Mojö's 2013 offerings looks very nice to me (Daeodon & Hyaenodon).I'm not a fan of this brand,but I'd definetely buy Basilosaurus.

Yutyrannus

I voted for Uintatherium and Ambulocetus. They are both awesome and deserve to finally be made in figure form.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Hynerpeton

Meat eaters.

Thylacoleo carinex
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: