News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J

Potential prehistoric mammals for Mojo Fun

Started by john2xtheman, December 03, 2012, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What prehistoric mammals do you want to see from Mojo Fun?

Hyracotherium lepinorum
6 (10.3%)
Uintatherium anceps
15 (25.9%)
Basilosaurus cetoides
18 (31%)
Thylacoleo carinex
15 (25.9%)
Amphicyon giganteus
5 (8.6%)
Chalicotherium goldfussi
6 (10.3%)
Ambulocetus natans
10 (17.2%)
Synthetoceras tricornatus
3 (5.2%)
Arsinoitherium zitteli
1 (1.7%)
Zygophyseter varolai
1 (1.7%)
Obodenocetops peruvianus
3 (5.2%)
Mammuthus columbi
5 (8.6%)
Andrewsarchus mongoliensis
8 (13.8%)
Platybelodon danovi
6 (10.3%)
Darwinius masillae
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 58

John

For this thread,I suggest that we put in up to three choices of prehistoric mammals we would like to see developed by Mojo Fun to be put on a poll.
For me it's:
Hyracotherium lepinorum
Uintatherium anceps
Basilosaurus cetoides
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CM

Thylacoleo carnifex
Amphicyon giganteus
Chalicotherium grande

SBell

I would like to see a horse series, from Hyracotherium through to (almost) modern horses.

And carnivorans. Lots of different ones.  Everyone always wants the big, scary ones. What about Chapalmanalia? Or smaller ones like miacids and early dogs and cats llike Proailurus and Hesperocyon?

As for whales--what's with the Basilosaurus love? I'd rather see a real freaky one like Pakicetus or Abulocetus ;D.

And don't forget the Mesozoic--Repenomanus, Ptilodus, Didelphodon, Morganucodon, Castorocauda and Volaticotherium (as just a few).

CM

Quote from: SBell on December 03, 2012, 10:14:05 PM
I would like to see a horse series, from Hyracotherium through to (almost) modern horses.

And carnivorans. Lots of different ones.  Everyone always wants the big, scary ones. What about Chapalmanalia? Or smaller ones like miacids and early dogs and cats llike Proailurus and Hesperocyon?

As for whales--what's with the Basilosaurus love? I'd rather see a real freaky one like Pakicetus or Abulocetus ;D.

And don't forget the Mesozoic--Repenomanus, Ptilodus, Didelphodon, Morganucodon, Castorocauda and Volaticotherium (as just a few).

I am right there with you, especially with the horse series.  I worry that a lot of the stuff I'd like to see wouldn't be considered "distinct" enough, though.  I'd actually love to see individual species even within the genus for most of these, but we're not talking 10-figure annual releases here, sadly. :)

ZoPteryx

I think an "evolution of whales" series would be really cool, perhaps including Pakicetus, Ambulocetus, Kutchicetus, Protocetus, Basilosaurus, Dorudon, Macrodelphinus, and Odobenocetops.

Some good carnivorous mammals would be Thylacoleo, Thylacosmilus, Short-faced bear, Sarkastodon, Patriofelis, and Dinocrocuta.

Some good herbivorous mammals would be Ampelomeryx, Elasmotherium, Sivatherium, Aepycamelus, Chalicotherium, Synthetoceras, primitive horses, Pyrotherium, Diprotodon, Palorchestes, Procoptodon, Uintatherium, Toxodon, Hyracodon, and Macrauchenia.

Other good mammals could be Didelphodon, Leptictidium, Volacticotherium and many Mesozoic mammals.

Since all of those seem a bit excessive, I've bolded what I consider the best ones.  Those that are also underlined are my top three. :)

paleoferroequine

Normally I would agree with Sean but these have to sell also to the masses and have to look interesting to them. A lot of those he mentioned are kind of "normal"  Chapalmanalia is interesting to me but looks like a bear or giant panda. So I think things like Uintatherium, Chalicotherium and Arsinoitherium are probably safer but in the whales I would like to see Zygophyseter. Very distinctive. ;D

SBell

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 03, 2012, 11:00:26 PM
Normally I would agree with Sean but these have to sell also to the masses and have to look interesting to them. A lot of those he mentioned are kind of "normal"  Chapalmanalia is interesting to me but looks like a bear or giant panda. So I think things like Uintatherium, Chalicotherium and Arsinoitherium are probably safer but in the whales I would like to see Zygophyseter. Very distinctive. ;D

And Odobenocetops!

Trexroarr

Here are my three choices. :)

Mammuthus columbi (Columbian Mammoth) (Whenever a Mammoth is made, it is always of the well-known Wooly Mammoth. Is it just me, or is it time for his hairless cousin to be made into a figure?)
Andrewsarchus mongoliensis (The largest carnivorus land mammal ever needs some real representation.)
Basilosaurus cetoides (We need one of these already. It is just that simple.)

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

CM

Down the road, I wouldn't mind seeing some primates as well.  Just not right away. :)

Seijun

My top mammal picks:
-Uintatherium
-Platybelodon
-Arsinotherium
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

John

The mammal suggestions sure came fast! So far we've got (and please forgive any misspelling here as mammals aren't my strong point):
Hyracotherium lepinorum
Uintatherium anceps
Basilosaurus cetoides
Thylacoleo carniex
Amphicyon giganteus
Chalicotherium goldfussi
Ambulocetus natans
Synthetoceras tricornatus
Arsinoitherium zitteli
Zygophyseter varolai
Odobenocetops peruvianus
Mammuthus columbi
Andrewsarchus mongoliensis
Platybelodon danovi
Darwinius masillae

At 15 different options,that should be enough for a poll I think. ;D
If not,the poll could easily be modified. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Trexroarr

Is there a way to make it so that we can vote for two options?

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Bokisaurus

Unithatherium would be a great one, we need a good figure of this guy in a larger size.
Mojo's excellent modern ungulates makes Synthetoceras or Sivatherium a great candidate.  :)

DinoToyForum

As requested by John, I've edited the poll so we can now vote for two options.

CityRaptor

Voting for the Whale that thinks it is a Marine Reptile! Basilosaurus!

Also for the Chalicotherium...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Splonkadumpocus

For the record, I voted for Basilosaurus and Amphicyon.

My philosophy is that having only one animal from a particular place/time is pointless, as there's nothing for it to interact with. With that in mind, my choices:

1. Basilosaurus. There's still no love for the prehistoric whales, and this iconic mammal deserves better than the tiny Safari toob version. Can interact with Brontotherium and Hyaenodon

2. Amphicyon. Miocene animals are rare enough. Miocene predators? Rarer still. In fact, while there have been/will be several deinotheres, a couple of gomphotheres, and one chalicothere on the market, there's nothing out there to hunt them. Can interact with Daeodon and Deinotherium.

3. Chalicotherium. Just too strange to ignore. Can interact with Deinotherium and Amphicyon.

4. Ambulocetus. Kind of breaking my own rules here, but again, Ambulocetus is just too awesome to ignore. Seriously, prehistoric whales need more love. I suppose it could interact with Hyaenodon, but they're at least 5 million years apart. If Andrewsarchus is present, there's no problem since these two coexisted.

Runners up:
Arctodus: Seriously, a mammoth variant made the cut but the 11-foot bear didn't? I'd vote for this over Ambulocetus, to be honest.

Thylacoleo: One of my favorites, but sadly it's all alone. Throw in a Diprotodon or something and were talking, though.

ZoPteryx

John

Basilosaurus appears to be pulling out ahead :)

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: