You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Prehistoric Sea Creatures should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 03:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Prehistoric Sea Cretures should SafariLTD make?

Archelon
12 (26.1%)
Basilosaurus
14 (30.4%)
Cymbospondylus
8 (17.4%)
Drepanaspis
0 (0%)
Edestus
0 (0%)
Henodus
1 (2.2%)
Helodus
0 (0%)
Iniopteryx
1 (2.2%)
Leedsichthys
9 (19.6%)
Materpiscis
0 (0%)
Mawsonia
2 (4.3%)
Nothosaurus
19 (41.3%)
Ophthalmosaurus
7 (15.2%)
Odobenocetops
3 (6.5%)
Polycotylus
2 (4.3%)
Placodus
6 (13%)
Pachycormus
0 (0%)
Prognathodon
2 (4.3%)
Rhomaleosaurus
6 (13%)
Santanichthys
1 (2.2%)
Serenoichthys
1 (2.2%)
Shastasaurus
2 (4.3%)
Tanystropheus
6 (13%)
Tylosaurus
5 (10.9%)
xiphacthinus
18 (39.1%)
Mosasaurus
6 (13%)
Helicoprion
5 (10.9%)
Rhizodus
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Sim

SBell

Quote from: Sim on June 04, 2015, 09:11:44 PM
Is "Iniopterygius" a real animal?  I ask this as searching for it on Google gave me only 2 results and they are...: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Iniopterygius&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=dKlwVeTOO4GtUKy8gbAF#safe=off&q=Iniopterygius&nfpr=1

Good catch. It should be Iniopteryx.

Members of the group are iniopterygians or iniopterygiformes.

Takama

Halichoeres

Ha, oops. I think that was my fault from the original suggestion thread. Imagine my embarrassment.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Mosasaurus would be a remake for the Wild Safari line, although it's not listed as such in the poll.

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2015, 02:50:29 AM
Ha, oops. I think that was my fault from the original suggestion thread. Imagine my embarrassment.
Ha ha, when I looked it up on Google a thought I had was, "I wonder if it's an animal Halichoeres very recently named?"  Then when I saw SBell voted for it, I wondered if he might be one of the very few other people who knew about this 'new discovery'.  I did also think there might've been a mistake!  Hehe!

suchomimus

The Toob's nothosaurus shows much potential already! Perhaps the fishes like xiphactinus and iniopteryx could do with a toob first, much like the prehistoric shark one, to show their accuracy.

triceratops83

I was lamenting the lack of Shonisaurus and didn't even notice Shastasaurus. Oh, well. We need more Ichthyosaurs in general.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

Archelon, Leedsichtys, Placodus. Classic choice. Nothosaurus wouldn´t be bad either.

Shonisaurus

Although I have not voted the Nothosaurus I think an excellent idea what realizase Safari, the Triassic is poorly represented compared to other times of the Mesozoic (Jurassic and Cretaceous).

Moreover I think that would be more successful than other figures especially among people who are not collectors.

It seems insufficient Nothosaurus Safari mini toob intended prehistoric creatures.

Halichoeres

I bet you're right that Nothosaurus would be one of the more commercially successful options. I'm surprised at the votes Xiphactinus has gotten! Both pleased and wary. I don't know how much it would affect production cost, but I would really hope it would come with a detachable base (like their ocean sunfish figure). Honestly I think all aquatics should come with bases, but with something that has four proper limbs, like Nothosaurus, it matters a lot less if there isn't one. A Xiphactinus is narrow enough that it might just have to lie on its side without a base.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 21, 2015, 02:29:53 PM
I bet you're right that Nothosaurus would be one of the more commercially successful options. I'm surprised at the votes Xiphactinus has gotten! Both pleased and wary. I don't know how much it would affect production cost, but I would really hope it would come with a detachable base (like their ocean sunfish figure). Honestly I think all aquatics should come with bases, but with something that has four proper limbs, like Nothosaurus, it matters a lot less if there isn't one. A Xiphactinus is narrow enough that it might just have to lie on its side without a base.

I agree with you that prehistoric marine animals should go to a foundation. I do not know if anyone remembers the blue whale and Invicta ichyosaurus were provided with bases.

On the other hand I am also surprised that it has voted both Xiphactinus being a prehistoric marine animal less known than other figures outlined in the list.

Takama

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.