You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Prehistoric Sea Creatures should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 03:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Prehistoric Sea Cretures should SafariLTD make?

Archelon
12 (26.1%)
Basilosaurus
14 (30.4%)
Cymbospondylus
8 (17.4%)
Drepanaspis
0 (0%)
Edestus
0 (0%)
Henodus
1 (2.2%)
Helodus
0 (0%)
Iniopteryx
1 (2.2%)
Leedsichthys
9 (19.6%)
Materpiscis
0 (0%)
Mawsonia
2 (4.3%)
Nothosaurus
19 (41.3%)
Ophthalmosaurus
7 (15.2%)
Odobenocetops
3 (6.5%)
Polycotylus
2 (4.3%)
Placodus
6 (13%)
Pachycormus
0 (0%)
Prognathodon
2 (4.3%)
Rhomaleosaurus
6 (13%)
Santanichthys
1 (2.2%)
Serenoichthys
1 (2.2%)
Shastasaurus
2 (4.3%)
Tanystropheus
6 (13%)
Tylosaurus
5 (10.9%)
xiphacthinus
18 (39.1%)
Mosasaurus
6 (13%)
Helicoprion
5 (10.9%)
Rhizodus
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Takama

You wanted it, I made it.   Pick Three Sea creatures for Safari to make.  Highest voted will be sent to Safari as a Suggestion from this community as a whole.

suspsy

I'm disappointed that you didn't include Helicoprion or Rhizodus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

CRAP :-[  I was afried that i was missing something.    Did you vote yet?  or do i have to Reset the poll?

sauroid

sea monsters? seriously? might as well retitle it... :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

Very difficult to choose just 3...but in the end I had to go with Placodus,Nothosaurus & Cymbospondylus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Arul

Finally...thanks Takama  ;D i hope they will  seriously think about this suggestion  :)

Takama

Well Dan (Of Dans Dinosaurs) Told me they listen. So i thought i get the help of a whole community to tell them what we want. 

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on June 02, 2015, 03:55:27 PM
CRAP :-[  I was afried that i was missing something.    Did you vote yet?  or do i have to Reset the poll?

Not sure. I think you'd have to reset it.

Gwangi

Halichoeres

It's so hard to choose! Cymbospondylus, Rhizodus, and Polycotylus, but I already regret some others I didn't vote for.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

suspsy

Dammit. I didn't realize that you're not allowed to submit one vote at a time. I also vote for Helicoprion and Rhizodus.

DinoToyForum

I'd rather have Atychodracon, for obvious reasons, but Rhomaleosaurus would be fine!

Shonisaurus

My choice was the following: archelon, xiphactinus and basilosaurus.

laticauda

What a great list.  Nothosaurus is my top choice, after that the waters became murky as everything looks like a good choice.  I decided to go with Tanystropheus, and Cymbospondylus.

sauroid

so hard to pick just three since there are a lot of cool aquatic animals in the list. two fish and one mammal: Basilosaurus, Xiphacthinus, Mawsonia
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

I'm confused the Nothosaurus has a lot of votes. I thought the Nothosaurus in the prehistoric sea life toob was already perfect, detail wise and in terms of scale (1/40 scale?)...no?

Gwangi

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2015, 01:29:17 AM
I'm confused the Nothosaurus has a lot of votes. I thought the Nothosaurus in the prehistoric sea life toob was already perfect, detail wise and in terms of scale (1/40 scale?)...no?

It's a great little model, emphasis on the word little! I would still personally like to see a larger more detailed version and do we really need to limit ourselves to one model per genus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 03, 2015, 03:13:09 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2015, 01:29:17 AM

It's a great little model, emphasis on the word little! I would still personally like to see a larger more detailed version and do we really need to limit ourselves to one model per genus?

My thoughts exactly..I want one I don't have to squint to see the detail on! :)

Tapejara1122

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 02, 2015, 06:22:29 PM
I'd rather have Atychodracon, for obvious reasons, but Rhomaleosaurus would be fine!

WHOOT WHOOT I chose rhomaleosaurus too! I want to see more like dolichornychops and rhomaleosaurus from other companies and not just collecta!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: