You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich dinos & prehistoric mammals 2016

Started by profnik, September 03, 2015, 06:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profnik

Ok so i think just idea for 2016 is

Dilophosaurus (action jaw open & close)
Iguanodon
Pteranodon
Gorgosaurus (action jaw open & close)

8 mini dinos series 2 including:
Styracosaurus
Gigantosaurus
Pteranodon
therizinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Carnotaurus
Allosaurus

(NEW) Prehistoric & extinct animals
Woolly Mammoth
Baby Woolly Mammoth
Smilodon
Smilodon Cub
Woolly Rhino
Woolly Rhino calf
Cave Bear
Dodo Bird
Dodo Bird chick
Dire wolf

Shonisaurus

Is it true what they say? I'm not exactly a fan of the vast majority of the figures of prehistoric animals Schleich exceptions (eg violet Spinosaurus 2015 carnotaurus 2015 kentrosaurus, Shonisaurus) but tento to admit I would be interested to know first hand if truth that is going to make those figures.

However I do not have much hope about prehistoric mammals, mammals Schleich (current, for example lion, giraffe) give much to be desired.

Gwangi

Please stop with these threads. We have an entire thread devoted solely to wish lists where you can list what you would like each company to make. Starting threads like this only confuses people into thinking you actually know what Schliech will be releasing. I only clicked here because I thought there was some news on the actual releases, only to find another of your wish lists. Threads with titles like yours are generally reserved for when someone actually finds out what a company is releasing.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 04, 2015, 03:39:03 PM
Please stop with these threads. We have an entire thread devoted solely to wish lists where you can list what you would like each company to make. Starting threads like this only confuses people into thinking you actually know what Schliech will be releasing. I only clicked here because I thought there was some news on the actual releases, only to find another of your wish lists. Threads with titles like yours are generally reserved for when someone actually finds out what a company is releasing.

Thanks for clarifying Gwangi was just a wish list, and it seemed odd that to make known the news of any dinosaur in a company as early, when there are still dinosaurs by 2015 market figures.

profnik

;D yes it's  is true so remember the Schleich prehistoric mammals collection from 2000s is Woolly Mammoth, Giant Sloth, Smilodon, Machruchania, Cave Bear and Glyptodon and baby Mammoth.but two Mammoth and smilodon was retired.but last week I saw it on sts-forum.forumieren.de/-schleich-2016-speculations-wishlist but they do have dinosaurs and new prehistoric mammals for both this year that's all.so I have 7 schleich prehistoric mammals at home.

profnik

I could explain :o I just go on facebook for schleich for ideas for dinosaurs & new prehistoric mammals for 2016  :-[  :o

profnik

what's your idea about Schleich dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals for 2016 wishlist?

Shonisaurus

Although Schleich prehistoric mammals have not been very good, by asking:

Uinthatherium.
Basilosaurus (marine mammals they used to do very well)
Dorudon
Moa

dinosaurs:

Anchisaurus
Deinocheirus
Albertosaurus with movable jaw

With them to do good figures kentrosaurus style or in the worst cases spinosaurios violet (not a bad figure for me), I was a song in the teeth.

profnik

I am having trouble posting images from my picture file.
Can someone please help me with the procudere they use
THXs

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

profnik

so last week ago in june 2015 I just finish drawing & color for my toy design of schleich to show it on facebook that's all

Dilophosaurus (action jaw open & close)
Iguanodon
Pteranodon
Gorgosaurus (action jaw open & close)

(NEW) Prehistoric & extinct animals
Woolly Mammoth
Baby Woolly Mammoth
Smilodon
Smilodon Cub
Woolly Rhino
Woolly Rhino calf
Cave Bear
Dodo Bird
Dodo Bird chick
Dire wolf

DC

I agree Schleich always did better with prehistoric mammals.  I think they should try a Tarpan or Przewalski.  An aurouch or some of the Heck cattle maybe
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Quote from: DC on September 18, 2015, 07:14:41 PM
I agree Schleich always did better with prehistoric mammals.  I think they should try a Tarpan or Przewalski.  An aurouch or some of the Heck cattle maybe

They also made good in its day marine reptiles, including elasmosaurus, Shonisaurus and to a lesser extent kronosaurus.

SBell

Quote from: DC on September 18, 2015, 07:14:41 PM

They did a Przewalski horse:

And it is, indeed, amazing. As were many of their figures from those days. They have failed to impress beyond 'good toys' for the last several years.

terrorchicken

I still think they make beautiful extant animals...their dinosaurs OTOH...

I think they should make an Auroch as it could be easily placed/marketed alongside the extant bovid species in their catalog, same with extinct equid species.

stargatedalek

Even among their extant lines only a select few have been noteworthy in my opinion. Most of the (few) especially nice figures they've made recently have been exclusive to large sets, incredibly enraging given their already heavily inflated prices (they can charge what they want when they are so unprofessional to their competition!).

tyrantqueen

I gave up on buying Schleichs a long time ago...but I do admit their Kentrosaurus is a great figure. Their sculptor does have talent.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 19, 2015, 09:24:00 PM
I gave up on buying Schleichs a long time ago...but I do admit their Kentrosaurus is a great figure. Their sculptor does have talent.

I agree the figure is magnificent. But there has also impressed me a lesser extent violet Spinosaurus is not within theropod of its worst figures is as if they had predicted the new look of Spinosaurus discovered in 2015.

Takama

I like Schleichs models, but i wish they would quit remaking animals they already had for there collection. According to Everything Dinosaur, They do this because there afraied to tackle other animals so they stick with ones that are sellers.    But i call BS on that. With that kind of mentality, They could of called the New 2015 Giganotosaurus a Mapusaurus, and Kids and adults wont give a hoot about it. What makes them think that kids will give a crap if the model is another Giganotosaurus, if they think they will want to buy a model that is similar to the one they released back in 2012, why not call it a Animal that's Related, Kids wont give a hoot, they be like "yeah new Carnivoire".

Dispite this, I still like to collect there models,

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.