You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What will it take to sever the neck of a Sauropod?

Started by Takama, September 13, 2015, 03:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Yes that question is gruesome.     Say a Fully Grown Tarbosaur has brought down a Sauropod of equal or lesser size, and he starts eating it.   Suddenly a rival comes along. These two don't want anything to do with each-other, so the Rival Bites onto the neck of the fallen sauropod while the Other is Roaring at him to get away. The Rival just breaks off the neck of the sauropod and runs off with it, leaving the Other one to dine on the rest of the body.

Can a Large Theropod Sever the neck of a Sauropod and run away with it in its mouth?   I ask this because I wish to do this for my line of Dinosaurs

Simon

Quote from: Takama on September 13, 2015, 03:01:18 AM
Yes that question is gruesome.     Say a Fully Grown Tarbosaur has brought down a Sauropod of equal or lesser size, and he starts eating it.   Suddenly a rival comes along. These two don't want anything to do with each-other, so the Rival Bites onto the neck of the fallen sauropod while the Other is Roaring at him to get away. The Rival just breaks off the neck of the sauropod and runs off with it, leaving the Other one to dine on the rest of the body.

Can a Large Theropod Sever the neck of a Sauropod and run away with it in its mouth?   I ask this because I wish to do this for my line of Dinosaurs

Absolutely yes.  (Though not necessarily in one bite). 

With a fully grown TRex/Tarbosaurus and a juvenile sauropod, maybe with just one bit + tug of war with the other TRex/Tarbo pulling on the other end.

With a fully grown sauropod, the answer is still yes if you assume that it has been chewing/eating a spot on the neck stripping it off ligaments and flesh, maybe biting into the vertebrae;  then comes the rival and after a short tug of war it rips off the neck and skedaddles with the shorter piece leaving its bigger rival to feast on the rest of the bloodied corpse.

Is that visually gory enough for you?   ^-^

Takama

Thanks for the answer, it is exactly what i was thinking.

Though my Sculptor said that the reasoning behind it is silly. Why would a Theropod run off with the Thinnest piece of the body?

All i can say is that i have some gruesome pieces in mind for the Animasaurus Collection.  (Such as a Carcharodontosaurus feasting on a dead Spinosaurus)

Mitko

Quote from: Takama on September 13, 2015, 08:45:49 AM
All i can say is that i have some gruesome pieces in mind for the Animasaurus Collection.  (Such as a Carcharodontosaurus feasting on a dead Spinosaurus)

That would be awesome :)

DinoLord

Presumably they would go after the organs first rather than the neck.

Pachyrhinosaurus

This reminds me of the AMNH allossaurus mount. I don't know if a theropod would have the time to do that while being charged by a rival but that's just my opinion.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on September 13, 2015, 02:46:53 PM
Presumably they would go after the organs first rather than the neck.

Makes sense
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 13, 2015, 02:54:57 PM
This reminds me of the AMNH allossaurus mount. I don't know if a theropod would have the time to do that while being charged by a rival but that's just my opinion.

My inspiration for these two pieces came from the Fuanacasts Allosaurus model which is based off of that mount.  All Of the Animasaurus Models will have bases so i though i make some of them look a little more interesting.

We also have a....Lets say Adventurous Piece featuring Sue and Stan, but that has nothing to do with this topic

Quote from: Mitko on September 13, 2015, 09:59:51 AM

Im glad some one is looking forward to it
Quote from: Takama on September 13, 2015, 08:45:49 AM

That would be awesome :)

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.