News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I agree it is also thanks a deluxe ceratopsid but is a dark figure. Even a utapceratops, Diabloceratops, Kosmoceratops or nasutoceratops. To give some examples.

amargasaurus cazaui

A deluxe Psittacosaurus...that does not represent a chipmunk or ground squirrel !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I would totally snap up a Deluxe Psittacosaurus or an Aquilops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

If the psittacosaurus, or the aquilops is 1:6 scale as the guidraco do not hesitate to buy it.

suspsy

Only two more days until the big reveal! :)

joossa

Quote from: suspsy on November 04, 2015, 12:19:18 PM
Only two more days until the big reveal! :)
I'm looking forward this. The 2016 reveals for Schleich and (unfortunately) WS don't have me very excited, at least not like last year's reveals. Hopefully CollectA has some nice models lined up.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Hold up, its today ? Very very excited come on somebody announce something  :o

suspsy

I'm going to be regularly checking for updates! :D

amargasaurus cazaui

Well for a non theropod collector the best model they are releasing for me is a theropod Metriacanthosaurus
The ceratopsian again suffers from distorted rostral, mohawk, incorrect feet and hands...sadly.
  I may pick up the T rex corpse though...it looks decently done.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Mauro "Raptor86"

PaleoMatt

Blade-of-the-Moon

interesting. none of them are deluxe though right?

Everything_Dinosaur

You are right, none of these models are in the CollectA Deluxe range, the hunting T. rex has been designed so as to accompany the Feathered Deluxe T. rex that came out earlier this year.  There will be a total of four Deluxe scale models introduced by CollectA in 2016, one in the spring, three more in the autumn.  A couple of surprises...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 06, 2015, 08:47:22 AM
You are right, none of these models are in the CollectA Deluxe range, the hunting T. rex has been designed so as to accompany the Feathered Deluxe T. rex that came out earlier this year.  There will be a total of four Deluxe scale models introduced by CollectA in 2016, one in the spring, three more in the autumn.  A couple of surprises...

i have my claws crossed for Guidraco scaled pieces.. ;)

Mr. Challenger

I'm so excited!!! The metriacanthosaurus looks like a must have for me, and the two rexes are really cool too, the dead one is unique, so interesting.

Sim

I don't like completely black eyes on prehistoric animal figures, but I think they can work if they aren't overused.  CollectA has been giving their figures black eyes so often it's made these eyes so boring.  I think their figures would look better if they added some colour to the eyes.

Dobber

Whoa! Those Rex's look wonderful! Now if only Dan can get last years Rex in stock!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Quote from: Dobber on November 06, 2015, 11:42:58 AM
Whoa! Those Rex's look wonderful! Now if only Dan can get last years Rex in stock!

You mean this year's. 2015 ain't over yet!

stargatedalek

I don't think I'll be buying the Tyrannosaurus hunter, I'm already getting my hopes up on modifying the base on the first one. But that corpse will be a must have.

Ceratopsian still has those strange quills (which honestly look more like a sail, on this one in particular). But at least (I think?) it's upper jaw isn't broken this time.

I hope this isn't it for Mesozoic animals from CollectA this year, I'm still eagerly awaiting the usual pterosaur and marine reptile. ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.