News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Halichoeres

Is it wishful thinking to suggest that some might be resculpts of their earliest releases, like Eustreptospondylus and Alioramus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Really hoping for some dromaeosaurs, myself!

Ikessauro

Can't wait! I hope they produce less ceratopsians this year and more obscure and primitive things. I love Collecta horned dinosaurs, but some paleozoic critters or Triassic dinosaurs would be nice.

tyrantqueen

suspsy

I second the call for dromaeosaurs. And ornithomimids. Including Deinocheirus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Maybe it is going to be some kind of group of pack hunting theropods.

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 17, 2015, 12:25:17 AM
Maybe it is going to be some kind of group of pack hunting theropods.
That would be interesting.
like a bantha!

PaleoMatt

Still hoping for a good Troodon and a Nuthetes  :)

MLMjp

I have a message for Collecta
Instead of announcing your figures for 2016
RELEASE THOSE NEW SPINOS PLEASE! >:(
We are still missing 2015 figures. Collecta has not finished with the figures of this year and they are going to announce their figures for next year? >:(
I really want to now whats coming but please, Collecta, please finish your backlog work before that.
At this point It wouldn´t surprise me if the spinos become part of the 2016 assortment. I hope not  :(

PaleoMatt

Quote from: MLMjp on October 17, 2015, 12:41:46 AM
I have a message for Collecta
Instead of announcing your figures for 2016
RELEASE THOSE NEW SPINOS PLEASE! >:(
We are still missing 2015 figures. Collecta has not finished with the figures of this year and they are going to announce their figures for next year? >:(
I really want to now whats coming but please, Collecta, please finish your backlog work before that.
At this point It wouldn´t surprise me if the spinos become part of the 2016 assortment. I hope not  :(

Very true I want the Spinos aswell  :'(

Takama

Keep in mind that the Spinos were not a part of the original plan for 2015. They wanted to wait to release them, but constant demand made them show them off as if they are 2015 models.

Dinomike

Yeah! I want those spinosauruses too!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

I contacted a representative of Collecta via email.
She said that the three figures Spinosaurus with toob of dinosaurus mini will be available in November about.

To coincide with the Christmas campaign

Meso-Cenozoic

Besides the three Spinosaurs and the two Mini Dino collections, I'm also still waiting for the Feathered T. rex as well! According to DeJankins, they will now be arriving November 31st for release in December. I noticed that Dans Dinos is still waiting for these too. Has anyone else gotten these from a US distributor yet? It seems CollectA's distribution to the US keeps getting slower and slower each year. They keep getting further off from their original projected release dates. Ex: Dean from DeJankins was told that the original release date for the Feathered T. rex was May! :P

I'm not quite sure what to make of this "Christmas Campaign". ??? DeJankins has been given several US arrival dates for these MIA figures, that obviously never came to fruition.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 17, 2015, 12:00:22 AM
Can't wait! I hope they produce less ceratopsians this year and more obscure and primitive things. I love Collecta horned dinosaurs, but some paleozoic critters or Triassic dinosaurs would be nice.

Yes, there will be at least one new horned dinosaur - Everything Dinosaur has a complete list of all the proposed new models for 2016.  We can't reveal specific details but you can expect at least one new horned dinosaur, which will please fans of the Chasmosaurinae.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 16, 2015, 11:27:47 PM
Is it wishful thinking to suggest that some might be resculpts of their earliest releases, like Eustreptospondylus and Alioramus?

Sorry no resculpts of the models you mentioned but you can expect some more "British Dinosaurs", including one new Theropod.  We can also reveal that one replica scheduled for 2016 is "dead" exciting.  We will post up news, views and pics on the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page and our blog site soon.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 17, 2015, 12:00:22 AM

CollectA have got some exciting plans for 2016, marine reptiles, prehistoric mammals will all feature and yes, there are some more obscure items and some intriguing replicas which feature more familiar dinosaurs, two of which represents a clade that is definitely under represented in the models market at the moment.  Plans and pics will be revealed on Everything Dinosaur's Facebook and blog site very soon.

Dobber

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 17, 2015, 09:08:05 AM
Besides the three Spinosaurs and the two Mini Dino collections, I'm also still waiting for the Feathered T. rex as well! According to DeJankins, they will now be arriving November 31st for release in December. I noticed that Dans Dinos is still waiting for these too. Has anyone else gotten these from a US distributor yet? It seems CollectA's distribution to the US keeps getting slower and slower each year. They keep getting further off from their original projected release dates. Ex: Dean from DeJankins was told that the original release date for the Feathered T. rex was May! :P

I'm not quite sure what to make of this "Christmas Campaign". ??? DeJankins has been given several US arrival dates for these MIA figures, that obviously never came to fruition.

Yeah, I'm with you. Still waiting on the Feathered Rex too.  :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 17, 2015, 09:08:05 AM

Feathered T. rex has been available from Everything Dinosaur for two months or so.  Our next big shipment is due to arrive around end October first week of November.  Shipment should include more Feathered T. rex as we are nearly sold out and the three Spinos.  We will also shortly be announcing a complete breakdown of CollectA's new models for 2016.  All of which will be available at Everything Dinosaur.  You should expect availability for some of these models to get easier towards Christmas as there have been a number of shipments to elsewhere in the world, some of which are currently on the water.  If you can't wait, virtually the entire CollectA range of models is available here: Everything Dinosaur just look in the models section and we do ship all over the world with non EU customers able to purchase all models tax free, that's a 20% discount.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: