News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: TE Matt on October 20, 2015, 07:23:03 AM
Kids need to stop thinking everything is candy *sigh*
This, and of course CollectA products already have age warnings on them so they wouldn't be liable anyway.

The only reason I can think of is that CollectA doesn't want to have packaging variations for certain figures, which also potentially explains why they are so dead set against remove-able bases. It's a valid position to be fair, packaging means longer production time, more shelf space, and higher prices, but I still have to say it's very disheartening when a piece comes already in a partial diorama and can't be altered.

Shonisaurus

I meant worst accidents. A miniature replica of dinosaur egg on the floor, can bring down a person even death. (whiplash). Adults may not have to be children.

stargatedalek

No offense but I think that's rather silly and paranoid, a person can slip on anything. I've slipped on a hard candy, but that's my fault for spilling them in the first place, I'm not going to insist the company stop producing candies, or start fusing them into one giant mass to make it harder to trip on.

Shonisaurus

You got that right, apologize for my words and if I have been something hard.

Moreover I have all Rebor novelties included the Acrocanthosaurus and theropod and sauropod eggs.

CityRaptor

Well, there is a reason why Kinder Surprise eggs are not allowed in the US.

This however should not affect CollectA, as they are not packed with candy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I wonder when the big reveal will begin? I reckon we could use a boost after today's disappointment with Safari.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

CollectA said they'll be revealed by early November.
EDIT--I've just read the announcement will befin on Friday,6thNovember.

suspsy

Alrighty then. Bring on November 6!

anchry6

Quote from: suspsy on October 22, 2015, 04:46:10 PM

Wow my birthday! :o

:D

Arul

Quote from: suspsy on October 22, 2015, 04:46:10 PM

Here comes the excrutiating countdown !!

Dobber

Lol....we're talking about the 2016 releases and we in the U.S. Are still waiting for the most anticipated 2015 releases...the Feathered T-Rex and the Spino's Lol!  :o

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

The bad thing that Collecta is delaying much with new models of Spinosaurus and thumbnails in the same factory.

On the other hand already we are only fifteen days to learn even in the name of the new Collecta. The revelation of its products will be for long. So patience and wait.

Arul

Quote from: Dobber on October 23, 2015, 10:02:07 PM
Lol....we're talking about the 2016 releases and we in the U.S. Are still waiting for the most anticipated 2015 releases...the Feathered T-Rex and the Spino's Lol!  :o

Chris

Wow its on US at least you will get them this year maybe, imagine in indonesia...everything is slow in here, maybe i can get swimming spino in middle of 2016

sauroid

Quote from: Arul on October 27, 2015, 03:09:24 PM

Chris

Wow its on US at least you will get them this year maybe, imagine in indonesia...everything is slow in here, maybe i can get swimming spino in middle of 2016
thank goodness for online mail order companies
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Quote from: sauroid on October 27, 2015, 06:43:46 PM

Chris

Thank goodness indeed! If it weren't for those companies, I could never get nice dino toys, not here in Brazil anyway. We don't get them in stores with a year of dalays. We simply don't get them at all.

Dinomike

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 27, 2015, 06:53:55 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 27, 2015, 06:43:46 PM

Chris

Thank goodness indeed! If it weren't for those companies, I could never get nice dino toys, not here in Brazil anyway. We don't get them in stores with a year of dalays. We simply don't get them at all.

Same here in Finland! Nothing, absolutely nothing! Even Sleich is difficult to find sometimes. I must have spend a small fortune on postage to get my collection to the stage that it it is now...gosh! I'm really looking forward to the 6th of November - hopefully the Spinos will make an appearance then!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

I think it's reasonable to conclude that we will be getting at least one Deluxe with a moveable jaw (probably a theropod) and one Supreme, also with a moveable jaw. But what will they be? What???

Concavenator

I'm relatively optimistic there will be a Supreme Yi ir Microraptor.I'm 99% sure CollectA will release a Torvosaurus,maybe.Just wait and see.

suspsy

Torvosaurus would be nice, but I'd really love to see either Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus.

stargatedalek

I suspect we will get the usual favorite line up, which is to say at least; one deluxe theropod, one pterosaur, and one post dinosaur extinct animal. Supreme range is to new for me to hazard a guess what it might include, but I'd expect a single animal each year in that size.

Personally I'd love to see some smaller animals in the supreme range, anything from 3:1 - 1:5 please! ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: