News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2016 speculation

Started by Dan, October 16, 2015, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on October 28, 2015, 03:09:24 PM
Torvosaurus would be nice, but I'd really love to see either Tarbosaurus or Zhuchengtyrannus.
Any of those three will be good, although I have a theory that Collecta might release a Giganotosaurus, they already did one for their new small dino tubes, however that figure look more like a downsized version of their Carcharodontosaurus, so if they make a giga i hope they don't use the Carcharodontosaurus model for reference  like they did with the Acrocanthosaurus, a new model as big as their feathered rex will be perfect.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 17, 2015, 10:07:28 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on October 17, 2015, 12:00:22 AM
Can't wait! I hope they produce less ceratopsians this year and more obscure and primitive things. I love Collecta horned dinosaurs, but some paleozoic critters or Triassic dinosaurs would be nice.

Yes, there will be at least one new horned dinosaur - Everything Dinosaur has a complete list of all the proposed new models for 2016.  We can't reveal specific details but you can expect at least one new horned dinosaur, which will please fans of the Chasmosaurinae.

I hopes it's the new Regaliceratops, that would be cool :)

suspsy

Regaliceratops might be too recent an announcement even for CollectA. Either Agujaceratops, Bravoceratops, or Coahuilaceratops would be sweet. We shall see!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

Some of the older Ceratopsians would be cool - I'd like a Collecta Arrhinoceratops.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

John

I wonder how a Ceratosaurus would turn out from CollectA? :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

A giganotosaurus and an apatosaurus Deluxe would be great.

Halichoeres

I want them to only make sauropods for the Deluxe range from now on.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'd rather see them do Brontosaurus than Apatosaurus. And yes, Deluxe size would be preferable.

suspsy

Well, assuming Concavenator's source was accurate, only a week to go before the 2016 reveal!

Bokisaurus

Is it too much to ask that they re-release a new deluxe sculpt of one of their first sauropod, the Agustinia, for their 10th anniversary? I really like the first one, except the head is so amateurish  ;D
If it's true, only one week wait!

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on October 28, 2015, 02:27:26 PM
I'm 99% sure CollectA will release a Torvosaurus,maybe.Just wait and see.

Is this because of a certain comment by Everything Dinosaur on their Facebook page?

Shonisaurus

A Torvosaurus would be great. Almost it is not represented in the toy market.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 30, 2015, 11:26:38 PM
Is it too much to ask that they re-release a new deluxe sculpt of one of their first sauropod, the Agustinia, for their 10th anniversary? I really like the first one, except the head is so amateurish  ;D
If it's true, only one week wait!

Same here! I realy, really wanted that one, but that darn head was a complete deal breaker for me! I don't know that we will be getting one any time soon though, seeing as they've already released a large and small version of it.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on October 30, 2015, 11:51:17 PM

Is this because of a certain comment by Everything Dinosaur on their Facebook page?
Nailed it.

Shonisaurus

Collecta also could do as the saurolophus ornitópodos, carnotaurus, Tsintaosaurus (new) Olorotitan (new) Prosaurolophus, iguanodon (new) bactrosaurus, Shantungosaurus, talenkauen, Arenysaurus. To give some examples

The ornitópodos are poorly represented.

Silvanusaurus

I'd like to see a deluxe Abelisaurid. Particularly one thats not Carnotaurus for a change.

DinoToyForum

This has turned into an off-topic speculation thread :( I'm going to rename and move it.  C:-)

Edit - I renamed and moved it! Let the speculation continue.  :))

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 31, 2015, 12:38:42 AM
A Torvosaurus would be great. Almost it is not represented in the toy market.

Quote from: Concavenator on October 31, 2015, 09:43:15 AM
Quote from: Sim on October 30, 2015, 11:51:17 PM

Nailed it.

There's 0 toys of Torvosaurus, but from that comment by Everything Dinosaur, it seems like this will no longer be the case.  I too think it'll be CollectA who will be releasing a Torvosaurus.  I'd be more excited, but I've not been fond of CollectA's theropods.  :-\

amargasaurus cazaui

Collecta has been cranking out the ceratopsians with a steady and constant rate and I expect from the comments made that we will get a new one again this year...my biggest hope or speculation is they might abandon the mohawk thing finally and put some attention into the sculpts themselves. I would gladly purchase the models they are creating if it were not for those two issues, and I think with so many of their recent efforts showing such promise, it would help their line quite a bit.
   So I am watching and anxious to see what ceratopsian they attempt this year, how it looks and how the sculpt holds up. So many to choose from and such a golden oppotunity for them
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I'd like to see a Deluxe ceratopsian. IIRC, the only one so far is the Triceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: