News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Honestly a shame it comes in a box like that, such a waste of materials. For everything it did wrong that's one thing I need to praise the JW line for, the packaging was incredibly Eco-friendly.

alexeratops

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 06, 2016, 01:11:17 AM
Honestly a shame it comes in a box like that, such a waste of materials. For everything it did wrong that's one thing I need to praise the JW line for, the packaging was incredibly Eco-friendly.

That it was. Most toys today have excessive packaging. On Christmas my dad was opening a Shopkins (look it up) toy for my sister with his pocket knife. There were at least 10 twisty ties and strips of tape. It's ridiculous.
like a bantha!

alexeratops

Quote from: Victoria B on February 06, 2016, 12:36:48 AM
So the um, Feathered T-Rex (both the adult and the juvenile) have... I guess there's no good way to say this... buttholes. And they have a little bit of discoloration! Perhaps that had been mentioned already but it was news to me when I was filming my review for them. Does CollectA detail all their dinosaurs so generously?

I had a point when I drew my dinosaurs with buttholes on my dinosaurs and wrinkles around it... I was in third grade. I thought it was just accurate...

"Never look back, darling, it distracts from the now."
like a bantha!

Halichoeres

So the um, Feathered T-Rex (both the adult and the juvenile) have... I guess there's no good way to say this... buttholes. And they have a little bit of discoloration! Perhaps that had been mentioned already but it was news to me when I was filming my review for them. Does CollectA detail all their dinosaurs so generously?

I am of course very happy with the word "butthole," but if you reeeeeally want to be polite about it, you can call it a cloaca (pl. cloacae). I like it because it acknowledges that living things are kind of gross. A quote attributed to a biologist named Kurt Schmidt-Nielsen says, 'organisms are just leaky bags of dirty water.'
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 06, 2016, 06:39:18 PM

I am of course very happy with the word "butthole," but if you reeeeeally want to be polite about it, you can call it a cloaca (pl. cloacae). I like it because it acknowledges that living things are kind of gross. A quote attributed to a biologist named Kurt Schmidt-Nielsen says, 'organisms are just leaky bags of dirty water.'

Lol, as the Crystalline Entity said: "UGLY BAGS OF MOSTLY WATER"

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 06, 2016, 06:55:23 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 06, 2016, 06:39:18 PM

Lol, as the Crystalline Entity said: "UGLY BAGS OF MOSTLY WATER"

Lol, I'd forgotten about that. It's pretty difficult to offer a retort to such an accurate insult.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Aside from the obvious a dinosaur does have to lay eggs right.....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sigmasaurus

The only ones I own are the Daxiatitan and The Acrocanthosaurus.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.