News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Thanks! Here is one more that I guess is ok. It shows the head more and the subtle variations I put into the scaled sections.

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Very nice! Very nice indeed!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very nice! I may have said before that I don't like the original figure mostly because of the colors, but after seeing repainted ones, I'm half tempted to paint one myself...
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 26, 2016, 03:22:26 PM
Very nice! I may have said before that I don't like the original figure mostly because of the colors, but after seeing repainted ones, I'm half tempted to paint one myself...

I agree!  This repaint is a vast improvement!!!!

Jetoar

Excellent work, It looks better than the original  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Victoria's Cantina

Does anyone have the Feathered Tyrannosaurus Premium Collector's Boxed Edition? I ordered the Feathered T-Rex from Dan and he was kind enough to upgrade me to this boxed version. I didn't even know that there was a boxed version, but I'm pretty excited to receive it!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 28, 2016, 05:43:44 AM
Does anyone have the Feathered Tyrannosaurus Premium Collector's Boxed Edition? I ordered the Feathered T-Rex from Dan and he was kind enough to upgrade me to this boxed version. I didn't even know that there was a boxed version, but I'm pretty excited to receive it!

That's great!  I assume you'll be doing a review?

Victoria's Cantina

Absolutely. Got a lot of dinosaurs to catch up on.

Shonisaurus

Dobber exceptional figure is an improvement with feathered tyrannosaurus rex Collecta. I like the elegant painting. The original Collecta has a too flashy or gaudy colors but that also does not mean it is a great figure.

Dobber has improved by fa

Dobber

Finished pictures (not counting the base) are now in the customized figures section! Here's the Link
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.msg127683#msg127683

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Victoria's Cantina

Just got this awesome looking guy in from Dan's Dinos!

alexeratops

Quote from: Victoria B on February 03, 2016, 02:16:28 AM
Just got this awesome looking guy in from Dan's Dinos!

*spit take*
like a bantha!

AcroSauroTaurus

Looks like the box is a little big for the figure... haha. But it is a nice looking figure.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

Didn't know it was available in a box. Considering the size of the figure, that box must be unneccessarily big...

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 03, 2016, 03:48:33 AM
Looks like the box is a little big for the figure... haha. But it is a nice looking figure.

Probably because of the length of the tail. I'm more concerned about the little human!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on February 03, 2016, 11:21:03 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 03, 2016, 03:48:33 AM

Probably because of the length of the tail. I'm more concerned about the little human!

Gives the rex more space to eat him in... >:D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Victoria's Cantina

So the um, Feathered T-Rex (both the adult and the juvenile) have... I guess there's no good way to say this... buttholes. And they have a little bit of discoloration! Perhaps that had been mentioned already but it was news to me when I was filming my review for them. Does CollectA detail all their dinosaurs so generously?

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on February 06, 2016, 12:36:48 AM
So the um, Feathered T-Rex (both the adult and the juvenile) have... I guess there's no good way to say this... buttholes. And they have a little bit of discoloration! Perhaps that had been mentioned already but it was news to me when I was filming my review for them. Does CollectA detail all their dinosaurs so generously?

All CollectA models from 2011 onwards have this detail.    Safari also does this with all there newer models as well.

Im surprised that Comapneys who pack a lot of detail into there models (Rebor, Papo) Fail to include this detail(Especially Rebor, who for the millionth time CLAIMS to make Museum accurate reconstructions)

If you check some of the Battat models, you can find them sculpted on them as well

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: