News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2017 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, July 21, 2016, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

If Schleich made one, it would be most likely be terrible. Schleich has a very bad track record with Theropods, especially if you keep in mind how many they have made. Given that they also have a Marvel license, maybe they could give us Devil Dinosaur, Sauron and Stegron. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 03, 2017, 03:41:48 PM
If Schleich made one, it would be most likely be terrible. Schleich has a very bad track record with Theropods, especially if you keep in mind how many they have made. Given that they also have a Marvel license, maybe they could give us Devil Dinosaur, Sauron and Stegron.

I am hopeful that they will make at least some good Schleich figure in regards to dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in the middle of the year. As I say, hope is the last thing that is lost.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Considering the wonderful bounty Collecta and Safari gave us this year, I suppose it would be a bit rude to start discussing our hopes for 2018 already, huh? I just got so excited with the pace of releases this year my brain is already looking ahead!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Oops, I see someone has already started a 2018 board! Well, I guess I don't have to feel guilty then! On to the speculation!!!!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on January 10, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
Considering the wonderful bounty Collecta and Safari gave us this year, I suppose it would be a bit rude to start discussing our hopes for 2018 already, huh? I just got so excited with the pace of releases this year my brain is already looking ahead!

Some of the hopes have been fulfilled by the least of what I am called to do the uintatherium, which was a very desired figure for me.

On the other hand the hopes of a basilosaurus and of a wonderful acrocanthosaurus were fulfilled by the company Papo.

Not all dreams have been in vain. But we have to put ourselves in the place of the companies and we must take into account that when they pay attention to the production of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, especially those so dark risk a lot of money both materially and economically, since not only must satisfy those who We are collectors (both understood in paleontology as we are as I am "amateurs") have to take into account the potential of children and in the best case juvenile of buyers and being sincere to my regret will always like dinosaurs and animals Prehistoric, mainly due to the obviously minimal culture they acquire in reading children's publications

Halichoeres

If you'll all forgive a bit of thread necromancy, I was thinking about Favorite's Prehistoric Life line. They haven't released a new full-sized figure for the line since 2015, but they did introduce the 8 Burgess Shale miniatures, which reproduced at a smaller scale 2 of the full size figures (Opabinia and Anomalocaris). I wonder if they plan to give the other 6 full size figures the same treatment, with a bunch of contemporaries. Here's what those might look like, in order of how awesome they would be:

Frasnian/Fammenian (the most awesome, objectively):
Dunkleosteus (obviously)
Aulatornoceras
Diplacanthus
Elginerpeton
Holoptychius
Hyneria
Miguashaia
Psammolepis

Texas red beds (quite awesome):
Dimetrodon
Captorhinus
Diplocaulus (with pleural membrane)
Edaphosaurus
Eryops
Ophiacodon
Seymouria
Trimerorhachis

Cretaceous seaway (still pretty damn awesome):
Archelon
Bonnerichthys
Bostrychoceras
Halisaurus
Ichthyornis
Inoceramus
Ptychodus
Styxosaurus

Pleistocene (awesome for some, but I don't collect Cenozoic stuff, so I'll just list the existing full size models and maybe someone else can fill in the rest):
Carcharocles megalodon
Mammuthus
Smilodon
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.