News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2017 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, July 21, 2016, 12:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Papo dinosaur bombshell:

From what I heard in another forum actually in the sts-forum.forumieren.de forum:
Link http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t16871p25-suggestions-for-papo-2017.

There will be a Polacanthus Papo reference number: 55060 I have even seen the photo. It is violet.

Jose S.M.

That would be great! I hope it's true.

DinoLord

Interesting. Hard to tell if it's in line with Papo's usual style given how blurry the photo is. But purple ankylosaurs are something you certainly don't see every day.

Flaffy

Doesn't look like Papo style, unless if they changed it. Seems a little detail-less for Papo.
But still, charming in it's own right. It's Barney for crying out loud. ;D

Andreioli

I found the source of the image in this Chirstmas toys catalogue (page 57):
http://en.calameo.com/read/001386983930326427b0a

It's Papo's alright, it's an "Avant premiere", with dimensions and price.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on November 04, 2016, 07:06:24 PM
I found the source of the image in this Chirstmas toys catalogue (page 57):
http://en.calameo.com/read/001386983930326427b0a

It's Papo's alright, it's an "Avant premiere", with dimensions and price.

Anyway, the image is very pixelated fuzzy until we have a clearer picture can not comment on the product.

Anyway we know one of the novelties of Papo 2017 so it could start the 2017 Papo board from IMHO.

suspsy

It's about time Papo did another thyreophoran!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Papo is making a Polacanthus for 2017 so that makes 3 dinosaurs for that year

I saw it clear as day.   It is indeed a Polacanthus

Jose S.M.

It's pretty clear indeed, it says Polacanthus on that catalog so we can consider it confirmed???

suspsy

Unless this is some elaborate hoax, I don't see how it's not confirmed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

is it too early to put up a Papo new for 2017 thread with that Polacanthus as an introductory figure? someone has to do it already.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Irritation

I hope we get both Iguanodon and Polacanthus. The 2 of them work so perfectly together. The Acrocanthosaurus I don't mind, but hopefully they can in one more dinosaur, or maybe two. Who knows?

Loon

I'd take these from anyone, if done accurately, sorry Papo, but I'd be happiest if any of these came out of Safari Ltd.

-New, hopefully quilled, Triceratops.
-Styracosaurus.
-Psittacasaurus, hopefully based off of the recent 1:1 model.
-Dakotaraptor, feathered or no deal.
-Some stem-mammals please, my ancestry needs more representation!
-Speaking of ancestors, some non-human, extinct primates would be very much appreciated.
-A new Mosasaurus, with tail fluke please.
-Some less popular marine reptiles, icthyosaurs, pliosaurs, etc.
-A Pikai Gracilens would be neat.
-More feathered dinosaurs would be very cool, as well as some fuzzy ornithiscians.
-Fuzzy picnofiber covered pterosaurs, Pteranodon especially.
-An accurate Spinosaurus, is that an oxymoron?
-Ancient crocs would be neat, I'd dig an Armadillosuchus
-Tiktaalik would be a must get.
-Also, some dinosauromorphs/forms would be interesting additions to a display.
-Some more feathered tyrannosaurs would be neat.
-And finally, a new Ankylosaurus.

Well, I'm sure most of those won't happen; but hey, I can dream.

Shonisaurus

Dreaming is free but the reality is different, the wishes of the members of the forum with regard to Papo are never fulfilled. Papo 2017 news has already been revealed.

As the saying "of illusion also lives" or another saying that says "against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving." It's the sad reality.

fason

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2016, 10:22:44 AM
Dreaming is free but the reality is different, the wishes of the members of the forum with regard to Papo are never fulfilled. Papo 2017 news has already been revealed.

As the saying "of illusion also lives" or another saying that says "against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving." It's the sad reality.
do you hate papo or something ?papo has pulled through by providing detailed dinosaur sculpts that somewhat represent a dinosaur . they haven't claimed to be a museum quality accurate model , they are toys . in this community you have so much variety in what style of model you want , accurate with good detailing but might want to be repainted ?safari .accurate , detailed  , but odd colors ?collecta .highly detailed,naturalistic?papo. with such a wide variety why bash papo for  accuracy (which they aren't persuing )and praise only collecta and safari (not saying they don't deserve praise )

Shonisaurus

Quote from: fason on December 17, 2016, 07:49:19 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2016, 10:22:44 AM

do you hate papo or something ?papo has pulled through by providing detailed dinosaur sculpts that somewhat represent a dinosaur . they haven't claimed to be a museum quality accurate model , they are toys . in this community you have so much variety in what style of model you want , accurate with good detailing but might want to be repainted ?safari .accurate , detailed  , but odd colors ?collecta .highly detailed,naturalistic?papo. with such a wide variety why bash papo for  accuracy (which they aren't persuing )and praise only collecta and safari (not saying they don't deserve praise )

I do not hate Papo on the contrary his company I like a lot although I do not share the ones that make non-scientific figures, as I said both Papo, Collecta and Safari are intended for practically children, I have not wanted to offend.

I just want to say that many of the wishes that we make before the revelation of these figures do not come to fruition. In the end Papo has not made the giganotosaurus or the iguanodon, much less the dakotaraptor.

On the other hand I am only a collector that gives a certain opinion not an expert in paleontology and I am happy that Papo in this year 2017 has revealed many figures although they are imprecise, regardless that I like their theropods especially the acrocanthosaurus.

Each one is free to comment but to me with its flaws (which as every toy company has) I like more companies of Safari and Collecta today but without having anivadversion to the company Papo in particular their figures I have to aim are Very detailed.

velociraptor

hey, it's just the beginning of 2017!!!!

Halichoeres

Looking back through this, very few people got their wishes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

I heard rumblings of an Acrocanthosaurus. Is this still a possibility, or are we set for 2017 already?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 03, 2017, 03:13:52 PM
I heard rumblings of an Acrocanthosaurus. Is this still a possibility, or are we set for 2017 already?

Well, Papo is definitely making one. That's the only one I'm aware of that's coming out in 2017. That said, Favorite and PNSO seem to be on a rolling schedule, and Schleich sometimes has mid-year surprises.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: